Singing, Moth, Busy, Man

Archives for 2012
lainey68
Gold Member

Singing, Moth, Busy, Man

Post by lainey68 »

I had a strange dream this morning. I dreamt i was getting ready for wok, and in the bathroom started singing How Great Thou Art. Suddenly, either a moth or buttefly lit itself above my head. I srated to swat it when I noticed it chnged into a square with pointed corners. It wasn't beautiful and didn't stand out in anyway.

Next scene, I am rushing around with various famiy members as we get ready. Someone knocks at the door. I think it's a salesman and I am too busy to open the door. Isaid, 'I don't have time for salesmen'. We continue rushung around and some time has passed. I notice the man is still at the door. He is a white man, about mid-forties, red hair and beard. He is sitting on a high stool, like a barstool. His backis to the door. He has on a flannel shirt. I think black and red. I sheepishly acknowledge he's been there all that time, but still don't open the door. Intersting thing is that this house is my great aunt's house in Colorado not my house.

IRL, I do sing. I used to be involved with music ministry at my church. And my home life is very busy. I care for an adult mentally ill daughter, my parents who are elderly and now my aunt lives with us and she has some mental health problems. So, I'm hoping the man at the door was not Jesus although I don't think it was. I know Jesus, but maybe I am too busy? Maybe I need to consider music ministry again? Any insights? Why my great aunt's house?
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi Lainey. In this part of the world a flannel shirt is a working man's shirt. Perhaps you are being sent some help but you don't recognize it because you are afraid someone is just trying to sell you something (for their own profit.)

Butterflies are about change, and squares are about stability. So as you worship a symbol of change (in thinking?) morphs into a symbol of something stable that doesn't stand out.

You sheepishly acknowledge the guy has been there all the time -sitting on a bar stool. Is there someone who is ordinary and non-flashy but stable and reliable in your life you may be overlooking as a source of help with your very busy life? The context of your dream was also "getting ready for work." Maybe it's not a person but an angel sent to help you. The Bible says to exercise hospitality because sometimes we are unaware that strangers sent to us are angels. (I once had a dream about an angel dressed as a telephone repairman sent to restore communication between my husband and sons.)

Why your aunt's house? When you think of your aunt what would you say was the theme of her life or what memories come up around her?

--for your discernment--
...that I might know Him...
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

Thank you, Charys. That gives me a lot to consider. My great auntis my dad's aunt by marriage. I don't know my dad's family well at all. We spent some time at her house growing up, but back in thoe days, they were partiers & drinkers.

The house was old even back then, so maybe it's the old mindset that needs change? Hmm, things to ponder. Thank you for gh insights. Very helpful.
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

to me the square represents legalism, harshness & ‘religion’ – I say this because you wrote that it was not attractive, thus I view it as something negative and ‘pointed’ or perhaps even accusatory. Another reason I believe it to be negative is because you were swatting at it and thought it may’ve been a moth. Moths speak of deterioration & corruption so perhaps this first part of your dream is referencing something that starts out right but then deteriorates (?) Please take it to Father for His inspection