Please help-Forgot to pack & Plane turns into Car

Archives for 2012
servant
Diamond Member

Please help-Forgot to pack & Plane turns into Car

Post by servant »

Dear family, I am asking for your help to interpret a couple of dreams (I will post at least one more soon). We are trying to understand God's leading and what we are to do next and even if God is changing our path or not. If you can, please help. We would greatly appreciate it.

Dream:

My family was in a house and my dh (dear husband) and I were talking and agreed that we needed to pack 1 suitcase each (4 of us) in preparation for going on a flight.

Next thing we were getting into a small airplane and my dh was driving. As we approached what looked like a runway he began speeding up to start the take off, but the runway turned out to be either a shallow river or a roadway with several inches of water on it and the plane turned out to be a car, so dh slowed down.

Then I say something like, "Oh, no." and my dh asks, "What?" I tell him that I forgot to pack. He thinks about it and says that he forgot too. I don't know about the kids, but we may all have forgotten to pack. We then discuss the idea of just buying a minimal amount of clothing from Goodwill (used clothing store) when we arrive to last us long enough for the visit because it feels like we can't go back to pack.

We then discuss the fact that we never called my parents to tell them we were on our way to see them and I just figure we will surprise them.

Thank you for reading my dream. I am concerned that the airplane turned into a car.

Blessings!
Mary
The shepherds have become stupid,
they have not consulted Adonai.
This is why they have not prospered,
and all their flocks are scattered.
Jer. 10.21
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Greetings Mary!

I hope to come back to this and elaborate but for now, I will share what comes to me in hopes to help. Feel free to toss what does not witness to your spirit.

Using the expression for ease of understanding as a summary, it seems clear the message is about:

"putting the cart before the horse"

You are anxious to move into another realm, but the dreams seems to show that it is not quite the right timing. Be wise and prepare... the packing seems to tell that things are needed BEFORE moving on... preparations for a new journey.

As your husband is placed in the pilots seat, the aircraft speaks of the speed, possibly in haste and anxiousness, while it appears obvious of proceeding before the time is right, when you suddenly realize this -- and you slow down in the car, to stop just in time.

The Goodwill, may symbolize taking the leap and settling for the less as the journey is being taken in good intentions and in good "will"... but it is not the best the Father has for you, not the supplications needed for the trip.

This is a good reminder for me also, and for all of us, if we are so anxious to leave where we are, we might miss the forest because of the trees. Go for the bigger picture, without missing what might seem a minute detail along the way in the Lord. All of the little and tall trees along the make up the whole forest! And there are many lessons along the way. Let Him lead the way, as opposed to fighting against the way He may be leading us. Father, please be our pilot and guide and help us to sour with wings like an eagle!

In the Bible, many, many years came about before some prophesy and promises were fulfilled and we too can grow impatient. The Israelites whined and their hearts grew impatient during their journey, lengthening their struggles in the desert. I wonder if they would have learned patience and praised God through what appeared to them as suffering, how much they would have proved their faithfulness to Him and seen His Glory along the way. Even though it may take what seems like eternity, isn't seeing the fulfilled promises of God, worth the wait? :)

Some of my favorite scriptures below... they remind me when I lack peace and am anxious, a red flag goes up and I know to stop to listen to hear Him and be patient... which can help keep me from making mistakes over and over. I am so thankful for these scriptures:

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Such wonderful lessons here.

Just keep trusting in Him, He will show you and your family the way, it will just take patience and trust... not just for the moment, but for year after year. :)

Remember the scriptures to the Israelites after their suffering which are promises we can also know personally as well...

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

God bless you and your family in this new year and may it be your best yet! Mary, I am praying that the greatest gifts of wisdom and HHS surround you and make your hearts and spirits content and patient for all He has for you and your family. God bless you!!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Thank you for the reply. I read it, but didn't have time to reply. Then I forgot to reply. Sorry.

I think you were right on! We have been delayed. But soon will be on our way. Thank you so much!!

Blessings,
Mary
The shepherds have become stupid,
they have not consulted Adonai.
This is why they have not prospered,
and all their flocks are scattered.
Jer. 10.21