Somali Woman, 2 Parts

Archives for 2013
lainey68
Gold Member

Somali Woman, 2 Parts

Post by lainey68 »

I had a dream that I guess I was at a church or some public place. There was this Somali woman who had tried to leave her abusive husband. She was on "trial" for leaving. She was in a Christian sect, but not a sect I'm familiar with. They had their own laws, but it kept being repeated that it was not Sharia law.

Anyway, the people who put her on trial had her stand in fron of everyone. The bound her up in this gold brocade material. The way the bound her up was like a straight jacket. They put some material over her head and face. The part that covered her face was the same material, but blue. Then the put a blindfold over her eyes. I said, "Stop, that's not how we do things in America", but they wouldn't listen.

In the 2nd part of the dream, the woman had escaped her husband. She was with another lady who was either a friend or a sister. A man that I work with named Eric came and asked me if I could help her. IRL, I work in Human Resources, so I think he was asking me to help her with a job or help her get some training or something. This part isn't clear. IRL, the man is the head of our cleaning staff.

Then, he introduced me to the women. She told me her name was Lakshmi. We went to another room with a lot of computers. Then Eric came and told us we were going to go get the woman's things. He took us to a town called Indian Head. under a tree was a parked car. It was a gold 1979 Trans Am. It had some front end damage. He told her to go in the trunk and get her things, but not to get out extra stuff because her husband would know she'd taken them. I had the feeling that something was going on between Eric and Lakshmi, and I felt embarrassed.

Eric took us back to our "office". He asked me again to help her. I had forgotten her name, so she told me it was Lakshmi. Then, two of my co-workers came in looking for something. Something was missing, but I can't remember if it was in relation to Lakshmi or not.

When I woke up, I googled the name Lakshmi to see what it means. Lakshmi is a Hindu goddess of wealth. She is the goddess that has many arms.

I can't piece this together--if there's something to it or not. Any insight is much appreciated.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

the 1979 Trans Am is the one which was called the Firebird because it had the Firebird which is a type of Phoenix on the hood emblem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trans_Am_hood.jpg

Seems to be a lot of eastern religion stuff going on in the dream.

in Christ,
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi lainey68
Check out Somalia on Wikipedia. I think that may help. Look at the history and in particular the wealth history.
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

bella wrote:Hi lainey68
Check out Somalia on Wikipedia. I think that may help. Look at the history and in particular the wealth history.
Thanks, Brian. I thought about the gold symbolizing wealth (gold car, gold material). It was a dream that wouldn't leave me--especially the first part. I don't know how many Christians there are in Somalia, but I did pray for them when I woke up.

When I looked at the Wiki, the Horn of Africa stood out to me. I came across that before somewhere else. I also feel this has some sort of end time feel to it. Not sure exactly. The dream featured several major religions: Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and ancient Egyptian religion. I will keep pressing through to see what the Spirit is trying to say.
lainey68
Gold Member

Post by lainey68 »

I am reposting this dream. In light of what happened Saturday, wondering if a connection?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat ... story.html
lainey68
Gold Member

Re: Somali Woman, 2 Parts

Post by lainey68 »

In light of what is happening with Meriam Ibrahim, does anyone see a connection? I realize my dream had a Somali woman and Meriam is Sudanese, but it just hit me this morning as I am listening to radio reports that Meriam has been re-arrested in Sudan.

My heart just breaks for this woman and her family--and all imprisoned Christians. We so need to pray for our tortured brothers and sisters.

lainey68 wrote:I had a dream that I guess I was at a church or some public place. There was this Somali woman who had tried to leave her abusive husband. She was on "trial" for leaving. She was in a Christian sect, but not a sect I'm familiar with. They had their own laws, but it kept being repeated that it was not Sharia law.

Anyway, the people who put her on trial had her stand in fron of everyone. The bound her up in this gold brocade material. The way the bound her up was like a straight jacket. They put some material over her head and face. The part that covered her face was the same material, but blue. Then the put a blindfold over her eyes. I said, "Stop, that's not how we do things in America", but they wouldn't listen.

In the 2nd part of the dream, the woman had escaped her husband. She was with another lady who was either a friend or a sister. A man that I work with named Eric came and asked me if I could help her. IRL, I work in Human Resources, so I think he was asking me to help her with a job or help her get some training or something. This part isn't clear. IRL, the man is the head of our cleaning staff.

Then, he introduced me to the women. She told me her name was Lakshmi. We went to another room with a lot of computers. Then Eric came and told us we were going to go get the woman's things. He took us to a town called Indian Head. under a tree was a parked car. It was a gold 1979 Trans Am. It had some front end damage. He told her to go in the trunk and get her things, but not to get out extra stuff because her husband would know she'd taken them. I had the feeling that something was going on between Eric and Lakshmi, and I felt embarrassed.

Eric took us back to our "office". He asked me again to help her. I had forgotten her name, so she told me it was Lakshmi. Then, two of my co-workers came in looking for something. Something was missing, but I can't remember if it was in relation to Lakshmi or not.

When I woke up, I googled the name Lakshmi to see what it means. Lakshmi is a Hindu goddess of wealth. She is the goddess that has many arms.

I can't piece this together--if there's something to it or not. Any insight is much appreciated.