Elevator Travel in Washington D.C.

Archives for 2013
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Good Morning:

Had this dream recently and am asking for any insight or interpretation.

I am a Bishop's wife, not sure if that has any relevance to the dream or not.

Here's the dream:

I was at this huge mall in Washington D.C., and the bottom part of the building was the mall area, and the top levels of the mall were governments offices and hotel suites.

I was walking on the mall level and was carrying a child (not a baby), if I could guess, the child was probably around 3 to 4 years old. We got on the elevator and I ACCIDENTALLY pressed 98, so the elevator shot up real fast and it turned like a U and came back down really fast. I remember thinking that 98 was government offices, and I didn't want to go to that floor. (Other people were on the elevator, but for reason when I got on and pressed the button, that's when the elevator took off).

After we came back down, I pressed the floor I stayed on and the floor the child stayed on, so the elevator went back up to floor nine, suite 16 where the child stayed and I asked the child "are you going to be okay going to your room", the child said "yes". I stayed on floor four suite 22 and got off on that floor.

End of dream.

Thanks for any help.

God bless,
jdarby2007
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

By the way, I live in Colorado and have only visited D.C. once in my life when my uncle worked for the White House.

Other than that, I don't see the connection of why I would be in D.C.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Wonderful dream. DC is the nations capitol and the seat of our Government, so symbolically it most often represents the higher levels of church leadership. Malls are usually representative of our public side of life, and our business side of life, and while the bottom levels are open to all, it is these higher levels of leadership that are governmental in nature and not open except through promotion. The 3-4 year old child seems to represent your ministry or a ministry project that is with you. Some wonderful scripture to read: Psalm 98, Romans 9:16, Proverbs 4:22. The general feel I get is that the message of this dream is do not be afraid of promotion, as it is God that promotes in His own time and His own way (ref 1 Peter 5). Hope this helps.

in Christ,
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Yes bjcollin, this definitely makes sense. I'm just very careful when it comes to the things of God. I don't want to move ahead of God, and I want to stay in His will and in His timing as you mentioned.

I'm very involved in our church/ministry and in the spirit, I believe God is taking me higher. My spiritual growth has also been astronomical, which I thank God for.

Thanks for your wisdom and insight into my dream, you really helped me put things into perspective.

I wish God would give me understanding of dreams! LOL! It's a wonderful gift to have.

Have a nice evening.

God bless,
jdarby2007
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Mr. Collins or Anyone:

I forgot to ask if the numbers in the dream are of importance. For me to specifically remember the floor and suite numbers in the dream, could possibly mean something in addition to what Mr. Collins already said.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
jdarby2007