john locke

Post by Joshua »

i just woke up from a nap

i dreamt about walking around some town and finding this church

i want to say it was a baptist church

i went there and checked it out while it was empty and then came back later

when i came back it was crowded and a sermon was going on

i remember having to just sit myself amidst a bunch of random people

i felt like i was looking for someone Jewish there but i sensed something else about race in regards to this Church in this town

what's bizarre to me is all throughout the dream i kept hearing the name
John Locke

i haven't thought about this person or even heard their name in a long time nor before i've slept

i've heard of him before but don't know much about him

as i'm looking him up though i discover that he was a philosopher but had alot of apparent Biblical interest to the point that you could call him a full on believer but this site i found talks about whether or not he could be classified a 'Believer' or not, take a look

http://americancreation.blogspot.com/20 ... anity.html

still puzzled about this dream though
Last edited by Joshua on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

http://www.biography.com/people/john-locke-9384544

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_locke

He was an English philosopher and doctor. Interesting he is known as the father of classical liberalism. His writings impacted a Governmental shift from monarchy to parliament in England as well as they found their way into thoughts for the later French and American revolutions. He was raised Puritan, but he had some interesting thoughts on the separation of church and state which were very liberal at the time. His idea was that since you can't prove one way or the other the truth claims of any one religion, and you can't compel people forcefully to be part of any religion, it is better to advocate freedom and have absolute freedom of religion and absolute separation of church and state. He was Protestant, and was against the Church of England at the time.

Interesting that you thought of a Liberal Philosopher first, the other John Locke I though of first was the TV series Lost character played by actor Terry Terry O'Quinn. He was kind of a devils advocate type of character. hahaha

Anyway,

For your dream, I have noticed a pattern of looking for Jews vs Christians in your dreams. This dream as well as many other of your past dreams have this pattern. To me Jews in your dreams seems to symbolize to you true Christians as the Jewish people are God's chosen people. What do you feel that Jews represent in your dreams?
i dreamt about walking around some town and finding this church
i want to say it was a baptist church
i went there and checked it out while it was empty and then came back later
when i came back it was crowded and a sermon was going on
i remember having to just sit myself amidst a bunch of random people
i felt like i was looking for someone Jewish there but i sensed something else about race in regards to this Church in this town
what's bizarre to me is all throughout the dream i kept hearing the name John Locke
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

god bless you bj

i admit i've never watched Lost before so i didn't know about that John Locke

the dream had a serious feel to it

To me Jews in your dreams seems to symbolize to you true Christians as the Jewish people are God's chosen people. What do you feel that Jews represent in your dreams?

the bold part is where i leave it at...i really am starting to loathe the word "Christian" now as it has been skewed by alot of bad actions and radical cult people...i know it's skewed in alot of the minds of the "non-religious" type

i do know that true ethnic Jews are chosen for sure
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

ok let's go down this rabbit trail for a bit... what do you feel it means to be Jewish and to be God's chosen people? What is entailed in that to you? yes I am going somewhere with this.
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

to me, "Jewishness" is actually less about Judaism and more about ethnicity and geneaology

i know and would expect that plenty of ethnic Jews are torah observers though
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

ok next question... How do Jews get into heaven?
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

SALVATION is still only found in Jesus no matter what race someone is as per Romans 1:16
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Exactly. Just like Christians, Jews have the Messiah Jesus Christ. There is no entrance to heaven based on race or being born a Jew or being born a Christian. There is no entrance to heaven based on Torah observance as the Messiah has been provided. So now next question... back to your dreams, why do you think that are you always looking for Jews among Christians?