My son's dream

Archives for 2008
FaithStillWorks
Bronze Member

My son's dream

Post by FaithStillWorks »

My son told me about this dream and I wanted to get some input on it:

He (my son) was driving a jeep cherokee and for some reason he got out of the driver's side of the car. When he got out he saw what he described as a "gringo" (we're in Texas - we're not hispanic but we've heard of people being called gringos that are "white" hispanics) approaching from the passengers side. This is webster's definition of a gringo - often disparaging : a foreigner in Spain or Latin America especially when of English or American origin; broadly : a non-Hispanic person
Anyway - he said the man started walking toward him casually almost pretending he wasn't paying him any attention. My son said he knew intuitively to be cautious and when the man got closer he pulled out a knife and started chasing after him. He said they were running around the vehicle over and over and that both the driver and passenger doors were open. End of dream

I have some ideas but any you could add would be appreciated.

Much Love,
FSW
I will bless the Lord at all times!
FaithStillWorks
Bronze Member

Son's Dream From 2008

Post by FaithStillWorks »

I had forgot about this dream, but I'm bumping this one from 2 years ago to see if there are any responses.

Thank you
I will bless the Lord at all times!
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Faithstill works... yup gringo is the white outsider to the hispanic community and often carries other more subtle meanings depending on context such as " arrogant know it all", or "naive foreign idiot" or simply "not one of us". I wonder if your son was given a revelation of what it feels like to be on the other side of the racial fence experiencing threat from a dominating outsider? The fact that eh was in a cherokee jeep may speak of his feeling indigenous (ie having the rights to stand on the land/territory) and then being unseated by someone called a "gringo" or outsider who is threatening his very life...

Just some initial thoughts...perhaps others will add more.

How does your son see the dream now 2 years on?

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3