Ringing a Bell???

Archives for 2007
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Ringing a Bell???

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi all,

Does anyone know what ringing a bell might symbolize?

A while back I was walking with my husband irl on our trail on our property, and every time we passed the garden I felt like I was supposed to be ringing a bell! Since then I've had thoughts of ringing a bell a couple additional times, and today my husband received "a word" from the Lord, part of which was,

"A little while and look again,
For in the dew and grass you'll see me begin
The day anew for you to tell.
Let us go forth and ring the bell."

All thoughts and comments are welcome. Please feel free to "chime in." LOLOL

Blessings,
Lily

Ring-ring-ring-bing-bing-bing-bong-bong-booooooong........................ :wink:
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I think bells are rung at the start and/or ending of something.... like when I worked at a Camp for two (2) summers, we would ring a bell at certain times to signify the ending or beginning of an activity.....

And I am thinking of the school bell, in schools.... one rings to let u know class ends and one rings to let u know the new one has begun. And u know whats funny? I was about to write this post and then got up and saw that the mail was there.... Someone sent me a Christmas card and wrote about the old being behind and the new having begun, etc. THen I came back on here and made my little post here to you, hmmmm .... interesting.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Lily,
I am thinking it may be for you to call people to come and dine, especially since you were near the garden.

Also reminded of sounding the alarm.

Joel 2
1Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Watchmen on the wall would also sound the alarm and it could be a call to report to work/duty.

Just some thoughts.

Blessings,
Joy
Kim
Silver Member

Post by Kim »

Ringing bells in a dream can mean that you are displaying the Spirit of God in a tangible way....(Ex. 28: 33, 34:39: 25; 26; Zech. 14: 20; Is. 3: 16, 18)

(According to the Tehillah book)
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

really neat...I was thinking the same thing Joy about the dining...Last night in prayer the Lord was telling His People to come dine with Him...He spoke to us and said "There is a time for learning and growing and being trained in the Word but this season I am calling my bride to come dine with me...come get to know me more...come into oneness with me..."....

I would think that He is indeed inviting you both to dine with Him and embark on a new season with HIM...Alll things New...

WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi everyone,

Tx for your replies!

MW - Thanks so much! This really "rings true" for me. Especially after I read these comments:

Paul Keith & Wanda Davis wrote, “We believe 2008 will be a time of completion and new beginnings.” And, “For a company of people, a measure of preparatory work will come to a completion--with new beginnings for personal intimacy with the Lord and anointing for ministry.”

Written by Keith MIller: "The prophets have been speaking much about this season of new beginnings."

Kim - Tx for the reference from the Tehillah book. That is "way cool!" I surely hope that is true of me!

Joy & WFH - interesting! I hadn't thought about "dining" in relation to the garden. Think I'll think on that one! Sounds exciting!

I did wonder about if ringing the bell was to symbolize a new season of the church beginning. The garden is dormant right now, and I was wondering if the bells were to awaken it for a new harvest. (???)

At any rate, after thinking about it for a while it seemed to me like it could have been a prophetic act. So I'm still ringing it every now and then! It's on my kitchen counter, and it just seems like the thing to do. LOL

Tx again to you all & blessings,
Lily
Mona
Platinum Member

Post by Mona »

I saw a really neat testimony of a Pastor's story on Sid Roth. His children were kidnapped and missing for 6 years. One day his friend called and told him the Lord is telling me to pray for you and to do something a little odd and that is to ring a bell" So he dinged this bell twelve times. Well the story goes on to the next day when this pastor recieved a phone call. The phone call was that from the police detectives. They had find his two girls. The time was twelve o'clock. I believe this bell ringing was representing a sign of a time.

Love In Him
Mona
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

WFH, there is the All Things New again. I have heard this so many times and I do beleive that God is saying in 2008...behold, I do all things New....I cannot wait to taste and see what He has for us. I sure need a new thing, fresh anointing for ministry, etc. I want everything He has for me. :-)~

JLL
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Just some more confirmation. I was recently reading The Shepherd's Rod by Bob Jones and Paul Keith Davis, where they say emphatically that 2008 will be a year of endings and of new beginnings. Can hardly wait to see and hear what happens!

May God bless you all with endings and beginnings galore to His Magnificent Glory!

Funny, I still feel drawn to ring the bell! :wink:

Ringing in the New Year with you! 8)
Lily