My dog eats my phone

Archived Dreams from 2014
ReBorn
Diamond Member

My dog eats my phone

Post by ReBorn »

Very short dream. My son is chasing our dog Liberty (she's a daschund/beagle mix) apparently my dog has swollowed my phone
but the phone didn't go down into her stomach. The phone went inside of her skin (if that makes sense) anyway
you could see the shape of the phone hanging down from her leg just under the skin.

I knew we were going to have to take her to the vet to have it cut out of her skin :(
end of dream
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
firewater
Silver Member

Re: My dog eats my phone

Post by firewater »

Reminds me of the excuse children give to teachers for not presenting my homework- "My dog ate my homework". :)

Very short dream. My son {Could be "your" literal son, or omething you have given birth to, your son's age might help you clarify this. For example, it could be a project at work a developing hobby or ministry } is chasing our dog Liberty {Chasing Liberty/freedom sounds like a good thing. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty.}

(she's a daschund {http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DachshundThe standard size dachshund was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers. Chasing again. }/beagle {http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beagle Beagles are scent hounds, developed primarily for tracking hare, rabbit, deer, and other small game} mix) I think the scent in both cases emphasises some spiritual issue being sensed

apparently my dog has swollowed my phone {A phone is not a natural or normal food for dogs, so I thnk there may be a problem here. Liberty swallowing prayer. }
but the phone didn't go down into her stomach. The phone went inside of her skin {When something/someone is under our skin it can mean we think about it all the time OR it/they annoy us.} (if that makes sense) anyway
you could see the shape of the phone hanging down from her leg {Can symbolise himan strength, dependence on ourselves.} just under the skin.

I knew we were going to have to take her to the vet {Again suggesting something is wrong & needs to be fixed. Surgery & healing is required, But because it hasn't yet gone into the stomach, it would only be minor surgery.} to have it cut out of her skin

Whatever "you" symbolise in the dream might be presuming somewhat upon liberty/grace/freedom, causing a reduction in dependence upon God, measured by less prayer. What you represent has given birth to your son who is chasing Liberty, so what "he" sees in "what you symbolise" is likely to be emulated. I would see the message of the dream as an encouragement for "what you symbolise" act on this before it goes into the stomach & more serious surgery/repentance/changes/humbling is required.

Thnking about whether this is an issue in my own life ... My wife passed away a couple of years ago & after that I wasn't doing much praying. For me I think it was partly due to numbness & also the loss of faith in God. Where were You? Why didn't You anser prayer & heal her? Is there any point praying? God has since graciously given me a wonderful lady companion & I have re-married. I have been getting back on the rails & my prayer life is starting to build again, but I would like to have more love in it & less discipline. Lord move in my heart I pray, give me a hunger for You.
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Re: My dog eats my phone

Post by ReBorn »

Thank you firewater, I have been thinking about your interp and some of the things you mentioned are the same as I was thinking.

Ex:
Something being "under the skin" can be something that is bothersome/annoying.

Also, the fact that it didn't go down into the stomach must be a good thing because there would be no way for the dog to digest a phone.
It would probably even kill her if she tried to pass it :(

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my dream! I'm still praying it through :)
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd