People Walked Out from Teaching but Received Speaking

Archived Dreams from 2014
jdarby2007
Gold Member

People Walked Out from Teaching but Received Speaking

Post by jdarby2007 »

Hello and Happy Holidays Everyone:

Had this dream a short time ago and I think I understand it, but would like to hear your point of view, insight and/or interpretation.

IRL I am a pastor's wife and I teach Sunday School and Bible Study at our church which may or may not be relevant to this dream.

Here's the dream:

I was at this large church and a lot of people were there and I was speaking to this crowd (don't remember what I said) but I remember the crowd being receptive to the Word.

Dream scene changed and I went to a different room but in the same church, there were still a lot of people, but this time I was teaching (I remember talking about having a relationship with God), and after I said that, the people got up and walked out the room, this crowd did NOT receive the Word. End of Dream.

My question is why would the people receive the speaking and not the teaching??? The Word is the same!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

God Bless,
jdarby2007
bella
Diamond Member

Re: People Walked Out from Teaching but Received Speaking

Post by bella »

Two thoughts:

Some have misunderstood scripture and think that woman are not allowed to TEACH. They believe it is a blanket instruction, rather than a specific comment to a specific situation 2000 years ago. Makes no sense, because women are allowed to be everything else, and scripture says there is no difference between male nor female, jew or greek, slave or free.

Secondly, some are happy to keep God at a distance and hear ABOUT Him, but don't want to know about having a relationship WITH Him.

Hope that helps.

XX

MERRY CHRISTMAS ... it's christmas eve here :-)
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Re: People Walked Out from Teaching but Received Speaking

Post by jdarby2007 »

Amen Bella!!

I'm in agreement with your comments and my heart has been sad and my spirit has been grieved for so long that people really don't want a relationship with God. I know that's nothing new and has been going on for centuries, but it's still heart-breaking! :cry:

My takeaway from the dream was pretty much the same as yours, I felt like the speaking of God's Word is like non-threatening so to speak, but teaching is up close and personal, that touches issues of the heart, living and obeying God's Word. Two kinds of people, wheat and tares, they are growing together, in the church but not of the church!

God bless and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

jdarby2007