Problem with Circular Quay

Archived Dreams from 2014
firewater
Silver Member

Problem with Circular Quay

Post by firewater »

Background: I work in IT & manage problems & requests for the software I maintain & support using a Service Desk system. I am currently on leave & don't think about work much.

Dream:
Dreamed an incident was assigned to me in the Service Desk system. There was a problem with a function called "Circular Quay" (Pronounced Circular Key- a location in the city I currently live in). Someone suggested changing the function to "Circular K" which had less parameters, only one. This parameter was a measurement of the distance from a location where there were yellow & brown bricks/tiles on the ground (I have no knowledge of this location) to the fountain (There is no fountain in Circular Quay, but there is a fountain in a suburb called Kings Cross)
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Problem with Circular Quay

Post by bella »

Hi firewater,

The first time I read this, I was bamboozled by the reference to the parameters. I don't understand that part of it. Understand the rest though.

I know Circular Quay and I know Kings Cross. They're both icons. So is the fountain. They're also both really busy places. I wondered if the place with the yellow/brown bricks/tiles was The Rocks?

Anyway, symbols in our dreams often mean something specific to the dreamer, so what do those places mean to you?

Kings Cross could mean two things to me - extremes - one being based on the name - Jesus and the Cross - and the other being the more obvious negative meaning.

The fountain is a biblical symbol too - fountains of living water.

This dream came after the siege, right? It wasn't before? Just wondering because of the locations.
firewater
Silver Member

Post by firewater »

Thanks Bella.

"They're also both really busy places. (My life has been very busy the last couple of years.) I wondered if the place with the yellow/brown bricks/tiles was The Rocks? (Sounds good. the distance between abiding in Christ & being "on the Rocks")"

Parameters are the inputs to a function- eg
function_ServeGod (spouse, child1, child2, child3, work, church, ministry)
{
do something
return something
}
(Complex)

vs
function_ServeGod (AmIKeepingTheLordCentral)
{
do something
return something
}
(Simple, Other things just fall into place)

I have a blended family (my previous wife passed away a couple of years ago) & regularly think about how it & the children are doing, wondering if I am doing the right thing, balancing time with my new spouse & her child, with my biological children. One message of the dream for me is the importance of keeping Christ & his death & resurrection central. If I have Christ first then other things will fall into place.

The dream came after the seige. Although the night before the seige I had a very vivid dream of my mother working on our house, moving some rocks in/near a pool & it causing instability & the house collapsong.

It was a mind & heart shifting event.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thank you for sharing that.

the circular reference brought to mind " central" and "focus" and yes "key" I understood. The "key to it". Keeping Christ central.

Your dream the night before the siege, brings to mind the feeling I've had for a while that the church here really seems to have dropped its bundle. Especially from what I've seen in larger churches. All about me me me and not many people pray for national issues anymore. Just heard the word "injured" as I was typing.

I'm in a different city but your city may be having the same experiences? IDK.

Lord help us to renew our minds and regain focus on what's important every minute of every day.