Return to the ashes???

Archived Dreams from 2015
RevK
Diamond Member

Return to the ashes???

Post by RevK »

Had a dream last night that I was at a former church I attended over 20 years ago. There seemed to have been a rather large fire and nothing was left but charred remains of it’s foundation. As I walked through all the destruction, I saw different things glittering, almost to say, “Pick me up, I’m still useful!” As I sifted through the ashes I found a small vase and a gold box, so I grabbed them.. And as I turned to leave, a policeman came and arrested me. I was put in prison for theft. **end**
The ministry as such has dissolved and the church was demolished three years ago, so I am puzzled about the meaing. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! :D
rarara
Gold Member

Re: Return to the ashes???

Post by rarara »

1 Corinthians 3 v 12 or maybe the whole chapter?

Things that stick out are the past, 20 years, the foundation was not destroyed and in the foundation were precious things.

The policeman could be the symbol of the law given that he arrested you. On the flip side he could have been a form of protection and was stopping you.

Maybe think about your experience in this church and how you felt in the dream.

Just my thoughts,

Love, rarara
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I suspect this dream is God saying not to go back, not to try to pick up anything from the past from that church, no matter how precious it seems because it will lead you into bondage.

I believe it was burnt down because it needed to be.

For your discernment.
iluvyahweh
Gold Member

Post by iluvyahweh »

Dear dreamer,

When Jesus tests our works, He does so with His eyes of fire as rarara has already pointed out. This is what will happen at the judgement seat of Christ, the Bema. Our works will either be shown to be either wood, hay, or stubble - and burned up. Or, they will be gold, silver, and precious stones - from which our reward and crown for our works will be given.

My perpective is that there are always things that are precious from even the most difficult of cirucmstances. So, I believe that the dream is affirmation to pick-up the precious things of the past as you can still build on them, and to ignore the church police - the legalists and religious people who think only in black and white and soulishly. Not everything is black and white, always.

We are admonished by Jesus - the same Jesus who tests us with eyes of fire in Revelation - to buy gold that is refined in fire. (Rev 3:18)

Gold is also a symbol of the glory of God. Vases are also in scripture too. Vases contain the anointing oil - of intimacy, joy, and the holy spirit.

The dream is a warning to show you that as you begin to see the silver linings from the past, people will come and try to chain you up - most likely to tell you that you are "wrong" because you don't believe the same things as they do. Know that when the backlash comes, they did the same things to many before you: Hanani the Seer, Micaiah, Joseph, Daniel, Paul, Peter, Jeremiah, and John the Baptist.

The dream could be related to seeing the good things in the past, even from this church. Or, on the other hand, and I think that this is more likely the case, the dream is about you. You are are the temple of the Holy Spirit, dreamer, and the house of God. The dream could mean that even although there's been a lot of destruction, grief, saddness, ashes, and debris going on in your life for 20 years, that there's still a silver lining coming - indeed even better than that - a gold one coming. I believe that the Father wants to give you the oil of joy for mourning, and beauty for ashes. Ignore the naysayers, and do not despise the day of small beginnings. Keep going. Don't look to the left or the right. Never give up.

Grace and peace to you,

ILY

Isaiah 61 seems relevant for you.

The Year of the Lord’s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;

they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.
Strangers will shepherd your flocks;
foreigners will work your fields and vineyards.
And you will be called priests of the Lord,
you will be named ministers of our God.
You will feed on the wealth of nations,
and in their riches you will boast.

Instead of your shame
you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.

“For I, the Lord, love justice;
I hate robbery and wrongdoing.
In my faithfulness I will reward my people
and make an everlasting covenant with them.

Their descendants will be known among the nations
and their offspring among the peoples.
All who see them will acknowledge
that they are a people the Lord has blessed.”