Honey

Archives for 2009
wordoffaith

Honey

Post by wordoffaith »

I was standing with someone next to me don't know who it was. I looked and I saw in front of me on a hill a large amount of honey looking literally like liquid gold but it was honey and it was very bright like it shined and then I remember saying wheew its strong the smell of ammonia that was it.
In Christ,
Pastor Geno
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi WordofFaith,

Please use what speaks to your spirit, and discard what does not.

I believe the person with you could represent the Holy Spirit who is showing you something through this dream.

Honey has much benefit and positive usage in scripture throughout.
There are so many scriptures relating to honey that I cannot post them all! Even Christ on His resurrection was given honey to eat.

There is only one area that honey is used to describe temptation or sweetness of an adultress, that has its bitter end.

Proverbs 5: 3-5
For the lips of an adulteress drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;
but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.

Because you described this honey as liquid gold, and it is on a hill, with the smell of ammonia present, I was lead to this interpretation.

Even something that is good (honey), has benefits and meets needs in many areas can become an idol.
Idols merely take the area of dependency on God and displace that dependency onto something that cannot save.

Money can easily become an idol.
Idols are dead things, not Living, as God is.
Dead things (using animals carcass as an example here) decompose and ammonia is produced in this decomposition.

Relative Scripture

Deuteronomy 12:2
You shall utterly destroy all the places where the nations which you shall dispossess served their gods, on the high mountains and on the hills and under every green tree.

Heb 13:5 (RSV) "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have."

Phil 4:12 (NAS) I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

Ecc 5:10 (NIV) Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.

Honey has many medicinal/healing properties.
The healing of ulceric wounds for one.
I believe this dream is also depicting healing in this area of idol worship, for the church or otherwise.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Hi Pastor Geno! Is there something that you have been worried or stressed about? I am seeing in your dream that it's a demonic attack and the Lord wants to heal and deliver you. I'm seeing that he has the cure and that he wants you go to him for it.

Blessings,
WP
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."