"bar" board windsurfing

Archives for 2010
charlie
Diamond Member

"bar" board windsurfing

Post by charlie »

I was with another person (?who...didn't actually see this person was just with them...seemed to be a male) and we were making our way down to a cove/bay to join a group of people who were waiting on the beach. It was as if we had been delayed and when we got there it was nearly sunset. We were anxious to get a quick go windsurfing before it got dark and though I was slightly anxious that I hadn't done it for a while and may struggle to get going I went in with my friend.

What was interesting was that my board was in fact not a board at all but almost like a bar...ie it was a narrow ledge to balance on and whilst I was wondering how on earth i was going to stay on this bar and get the boom up I thought I'd give it a go any ways.

The wind caught my boom and I was off across the bay at a good speed with my friend alongside. I was slightly alarmed that it was now pretty dusky and fast growing dark and also that I was headed out rather quickly to open sea...though exhilarated by the speed I swung round at the mouth of the bay to tack back to the shore before it was too dark to see where I was going. My friend seemed like a shadow to follow what I was doing. I struggled to pick up the wind to get back to shore and the dream ended with me wondering if I was going to be able to keep my balance until the wind picked up...I didn't want to be in the water in the dark.

Any thoughts dreamers and discerners?

Grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Are you by any chance called to prophetic ministry in bars? Or somewhere similar?
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

I don't know much about the dream, but I'll tell you what I do know. Windsurfing, in contrast to regular surfing, relies on and is dependent on the wind (Holy Spirit) to move, while regular surfing relies on and is dependent on the waves or the water (the world) to move. So, to put it all together, you rely on the Holy Spirit if you want to get anywhere, and you are not subject to the world (the waves), and whatever it does.

Hope this helps!
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi Charlie,
The other surfer reminds me of "the one who comes along side". Heading out toward the open sea is like being drawn toward the whole world in missions. After a time you realize the task is too daunting given the amount of light you have at the moment. The narrow bar/board is perhaps about the struggle to maintain balance in your life. Trying to pick up wind is about wanting to feel more of the Holy Spirit. When dark times come (and we all have them) you want to be on solid familiar ground to rest. The Paraclete is with you the whole way.

--for your discernment, of course
...that I might know Him...
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Warrior Princess wrote:Are you by any chance called to prophetic ministry in bars? Or somewhere similar?
...not that I know of...
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Robert159347 wrote:I don't know much about the dream, but I'll tell you what I do know. Windsurfing, in contrast to regular surfing, relies on and is dependent on the wind (Holy Spirit) to move, while regular surfing relies on and is dependent on the waves or the water (the world) to move. So, to put it all together, you rely on the Holy Spirit if you want to get anywhere, and you are not subject to the world (the waves), and whatever it does.

Hope this helps!
Oh...I pray that this is how I live Robert!! I know that in reality I fall short on the "blowing where He wills" front!

Thanks for your encouragement...
Charlie
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Charys wrote:Hi Charlie,
The other surfer reminds me of "the one who comes along side".
Yeah...I had wondered this too...the thing which worries me is that I was calling the shots it seemed... :roll: I'm seeing that my ego is still too strong...maybe the Other would have wanted me to keep going and not turn bakc to the shore...the thing is that it is clearly wisdom (in rational human terms) to head back to shore as night falls and as I seemingly had no other goal or destination out there in the ocean it was the only logical decision to make...

...I'm also wondering re the getting there too late to make the most of the day surfing...a warning maybe not to tarry?

I'm seeing the "bar" board as increased difficulty...harder to keep balance on a narrow bar...I'm wondering what this means though...did Abba give me this board for a reason or did I foolishly choose it ie make my own life more difficult? (In the dream I was not aware of choosing I just found myself on this thing on the water)...I'm not a windsurfer but I did enough as a teen to know that boards already seem narrow enough to keep you balance on without being a bar!!

?raise the bar

Fig. to make a task a little more difficult. (As with raising the bar in high jumping or pole vaulting.) Just as I was getting accustomed to my job, the manager raised the bar and I had to perform even better.

mmmmm...not the first time I didn't trust the wind in a dream...mmmm...

thanks for sharing..helpful...

grace
charlie
Charlie
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

...ok...maybe a little more understanding on this one...spoke to a friend who windsurfs and he said that long, narrow boards were designed for low wind conditions to maximise the sail size and thus make the most of little wind...

...now that makes sense...given that I am in my equivalent of an intertestamental lull of "rhema activity" from Abba!

Grace to keep moving in low winds or high winds
charlie :mrgreen:
Charlie