Big waves in the ocean with sting-rays in them

Archives for 2007
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Big waves in the ocean with sting-rays in them

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I had a dream where I was in the ocean and big waves were coming.... not like tidal waves, but large... the kind I normally like when I'm in an ocean, except as the waves would rise to form, I could look in the water and see what appeared to be sting-rays in them..... and I was scared/worried. There were other people in the ocean too, actually they were kids I went to school with, but I dont remember speaking with them or if they noticed the sting-rays.

When the big waves woudl come and were about to break on me, I would go under water to avoid being hit by the big crashing wave but I was afraid that I might get hit by one of the sting-rays.

Weird, eh?
talitha

Post by talitha »

My pastor tells a story that I'm probably going to botch now, but I think the point will remain intact. He had his first experiences with the charismatic movement while he was a pastor in a denomination that officially believes the spiritual gifts have "ceased". He was starting to see the truth - that the Lord has not stopped speaking or acting on behalf of people - and he was starting to experiment with some of the 1 Corinthians 12 manifestations of the spirit. One day during this time he was taking a walk, and he found himself wandering from a mown place to some higher grass. It occured to him that once he reached a place with grass of a certain height, he would not know if there might be a snake lurking near his feet; it would be hidden. At the same time he heard from the Lord that he was not ready for the "high grass" he was walking in spiritually. Not yet. But there did come a day when the Lord increased his ability to see below the tops of the proverbial grass blades.....

I was reminded of this story when I read this dream. I believe the Lord is starting to allow you to see what is lurking below the surface spiritually, and you are learning how to be safe too - go deeper...... but I feel that it is important that you do not allow yourself to be afraid as you go deeper in the spirit. I've been taught and have found it to be true that the enemy is able to operate best in an atmosphere of fear, and that to move effectively and safely in the spiritual realm we must walk in complete confidence and trust in the Lord Jesus - in faith, which is the antedote to fear.

I want to encourage you - I believe the Lord is accelerating your spiritual development..... but also to caution you - let Him lead you, don't go ahead of Him!

blessings
tal
Travis
Silver Member

getting wet with the Holy Spirit

Post by Travis »

Hi, there

As I read your dream, and the reply post I found myself agreeing with it.

I saw the same thing only from a different perspective, I'll explain. When I was 19 I had the experience I'll never forget, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. Before this I had prayed for Jesus to baptize me with the Holy Spirit, as it is said John baptized people with water but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit. So as I went to pray before the words came out of my mouth when I was praying this weird word came to my mind. I didn't speak it, I had this happen to me several times each time I prayed I would get that word or a different one. You see I thought God was just going to take control of my tongue. What I didn't understand is that I had to speak out in faith the words that He was giving to me, as I began to do this I asked him to fill me more and more. Then something happened I heard a thought that I thought was mine, that was saying I'm just making up the words. I began to doubt, that's when the individual that was praying with me, new exactly what was happening and told me what the enemy was saying which was exactly what I had heard. I pressed on in faith and was filled with His love, I was told to ask for more, I didn't realize that I could do that, and so I did more and more, until I said Jesus I can't take any more it was to much, having everything go white and feeling the individual personal love that Jesus had for me. I wanted to tell others what happened to me. Afterwards, I don't know how long it was because I couldn't feel time pass. I was told the enemy would still try to attack me with doubt etc... So hears the cool thing when I began to doubt one time the language I was speaking changed, and later changed again. There was no more doubting.

I tell you this personal story because being filled with the spirit can feel like waves crashing over you. As you read my story I hope you can see how much the enemy didn't want Acts 1:8 happening with me. God made the sting ray, the worse that could happen is you die and go to heaven.:mrgreen:

Hope this ministers to you.

Travis
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Hey wow, Talitha, what u said really speaks to me..... and the word u used, I was just asking Him to please "accelerate" things with me..... and u used the exact same word here! :D I asked for Him to please "speed up the process" LOL I was referring to healing I need in emotional and spiritual, and physical areas... but I think I said the same thing while asking for growth....

THANK YOU for these insights! Yes, I think I see things that other people dont which I guess is something all prophetic people experience, right? But I mean I see some pretty bad stuff.... things that many dont like to talk about, let alone acknowledge at all. But I havent always known if I am really "seeing" stuff or if my overactive imagination, and admitted gullible-ness (?) are getting the better of me. Like I can read some sort of conspiracy theory and I will usually believe it... even if it turns out to be false... I am very into end times stuff.... and the future.... and its hard to know what God may be allowed me to see and what I might be just believing because I read it somewhere and it sounds so interesting, etc.

Some of the things I think about say, our President..... and certain things in government...... some would laugh out loud. Now that would not stop me from speaking out ok? But its that Im not sure its God or just me being suspicous....

And Talitha, I am the one who had the dream (if u can recall, I know theres tons of dreams) of talking with female pastor I know of and seeing the snake moving in the crowd.... and I dont think anyone else saw it.... and I was using a sickle to chop it up, etc. Again I was seeming to see something (bad) that noone else either saw, or wanted to see.

Are there any books I can read to get a better handle on all this?? I wish I had someone to mentor me but I really dont.... I tend to be an anxious and fearful person (in some ways) by nature.... though very courageous --according to Him -- in other ways.

Travis, thanks for your post! I had to LOL at the end tho, because u said about me dying and I was just telling someone how I need to overcome my incredible fear of that, of dying LOL
I know u meant to help me tho, GOd bless you.

One thing that just struck me, I dont think the others in my dream saw the sting-rays.... only I did, and so only I was attempting to avoid having them hit me when I went under the waves. There were a LOT of them too.... not just once in a while.... Could the waves represent something in particular?

Thanks again, I love this board!!!
naveah
Diamond Member

seeing things

Post by naveah »

consider " Discerning of Spirits" your seeing things others aren't.
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
Travis
Silver Member

your welcome

Post by Travis »

It's very interesting about what you said about the dieing part and laughing. I really liked that, because I was finished typing and that came out of the blue, and I was like really should I type that, so I said ok.

I'm new and love to help others, I've been a Christian for 25 years discerning is very important. Just like the Bible says, hold on to what is good and trash the rest. I've heard prophesies given that ministered to me but at the very end it sounded like the flesh was getting in the way and didn't agree with my spirit. So I match it up with the Bible and with the Holy Spirit the best that I can and hold on to that which is good.

God works in ways that are not are ways:) Think you might write something that doesn't match for that person but it does match for someone else.

Travis
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10