Getting attacked in dreams

Archives for 2007
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

I feel I can add something actually about what to do when these things happen.

We all know about the fact we can say "Go away in Jesus name" I believe wholeheartedly that we can say these things in our thoughts, and even if you believe satan can or cannot hear our thoughts, the power still comes through to get rid of them.

But there's another thing I've been trained to do, and it works brilliantly. After you have done all that you know to do, after you have commanded in the name of Jesus..take time to BELIEVE that Jesus has shown up, and that he is fighting these things.

For example, I think or say "In the name of Jesus begone, or I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" (Or both, can't hurt right?) Then I think very strongly, I BELIEVE Jesus is here right now, fighting these spirits, I believe that he's making them go away, I believe I'm covered, and I believe I'm protected! As a believer, we cannot do things in our spirituality, if so we will get creamed.

But we are believers, and our job is to believe. And it gives way to the possibility of Jesus workign in a powerfulway.
talitha

Post by talitha »

Amen, Krista!

Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; in no way alarmed by your opponents--which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.
(Philippians 1:27-28 )

blessings
tal
Kim
Silver Member

Post by Kim »

MW - you've been given a lot of great advise in response to your post. Can I just add one more thing. Don't EVER feel condemned that you are tormented with fear. It is not because you have too little faith - it is not because you have some hidden sin in your life - and it is not because you are not good enough. These are thoughts that can hit us when we are being attacked demonically, but don't ever allow yourself to get into a condemnatory cycle. Satan would love nothing more than for you to believe his lies of condemnation.

You WILL get through this. God has brought you through a lot already and he hasn't given up on you. He will continue to work in and through you until the day of Christ's return. Keep persevering! That's the underlying theme of faith ... perseverance. I know you are keeping on keeping on with this, and you will be rewarded with complete freedom and boldness in the end. Don't give up.
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Hi Krista,
Fear, I know that all too well unfortunately. I have been through some spiritual warfare teaching and deliverance/prayer, etc. for generational curses. My mother had deep fear issues and I found out that the mother can pass those things through the womb and I also had alot of fear in my life and didn't realize it until later, I dealt with it in my life thinking it was normal. My mother has had mental issues too (I beleive it is also related to curses) I have broken those curses off of my life and my children's families before it can get started. I still trust the Lord to lead me into wisdom for insights and knowlege of things unknown. He has led me to people that have taught my husband and I about areas most people do not know or beleive and so I think that God will have us teach others about these kinds of things one day. I am sure there is still so much to learn and God will work out all the details.

Just remember that God's Perfect Love casts out all Fear...we are not meant to bear it, lay it at the Father's feet! Love you and my heart is with you because I know what you have went through, I can relate to alot of it. If you ever want to talk, you can email me too. jesusloveletters@aol.com

Tiffany (Jesus Love Letters)
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12