a banquet

Archives for 2007
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

a banquet

Post by WaitingforHim »

I walked into a hall or somewhere that you would rent for a banquet or dinner or reception...that kind of a hall...My hubby and I had rented it for a dinner for my whole family...In the dream my family was really big ...IRL my family is really small..

I remember we were late getting there and when we walked in we could see everyone seated in the other room and it looked like they were all being served. The catering service had already arrived and set the food tables up and began to serve...So we didn't feel so bad because atleast they were eating and visiting. We decided since it was soo crowded in there we would stay in the other room and eat...The caterers started setting up a banquet table for us...I was a little worried about that because I thought they may charge us for two dinners instead of one....

My hubby asked me if I had the money to pay them because he didn't think we had enough in our account. He said something about there only being 1?? dollars left. I was a little worried too, but realized that when I opened my purse that I had saved 200 dollars aside to pay for it...so I showed him and we were relieved...

I walked into the room where my family was and sat down to visit at the table. My grandpa was there(in real life he is dead) and I put my arm around him and was pulling on him toward me just playing with him and he acted like I pulled a muscle in him??? I said I was sorry to him and then my grandma said to me "Here honey, Here is some money for you"...she handed me a 20 dollar bill. I remember thinking that I was blessed.

Any thoughts...I had a weird feeling in this dream...I can't explain it...

Thanks ..
wFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

??
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Waiting,
I think this may be one of those "where you are now" dreams.
I know you will pray over it.

I see you having invited so many to feast on the Lord, but you may have feelings that you have some how gotten slack in the work you have been called to. You have felt isolated somewhat and set apart, eating the same banquet but separated.

I see the part of not having enough in your account and then showing that you have money in your purse as you having stored up on the treasures and that you have indeed kept promises tucked away in order to minister to others.

I see Grandmother and Grandfather as the Lord saying pull on the experiences of the past. Sometimes we have to look back and see the goodness of the Lord and the provisons He brought forth in order to get our eyes set back toward the future.

Blessings,
Joy
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Thanks sis..

alot of what you said does ring true..You have helped me alot in this...I was seeing a few things but you really put it together for me..

I was seeing this also as a look at my present condition. I was/am seeing myself partly as coming up short in my gifts and callings...Also in my responsiblities spiritually...fasting, praying, going to church every sunday and wednesday, feeling on fire, reading the word, ect...all the things that I really was doing with no effort before have become an extreme struggle anymore...I don't want to do them out of religion but out of relationship but it seems if I don't make myself do them I won't during this season in my life... :oops: :cry:

I am seeing the banquet as the ministry that the Lord has given me that just contains a few people but seem like family...I feel that even though I am still doing it I am seperate from them in spirit right now...and also feel that way with the whole church...so the banquet could actually be my church...because I do feel that I am supporting them a little but still seperate...

I do have to keep looking back at the past things to hold on...thank you for reminding me to do that...because if it weren't for my grandfather praying I don't know when I would have came to the Lord...

I do feel that I have kept hold of promises that I feel the Lord has shown me are coming...but sometimes in the warfare you begin to wonder if it was all in your own heart and maybe the Lord didn't tell you those things..I know that doubt will keep you from your promised land so I repent for even coming near doubt....and hope that His mercy and grace will still be extended to me...

I appreciate you sharing your heart with me sister....I will pray and keep climbing...

I really need to know what He is telling me to do with these flood dreams though...so please be in agreements with me...I have several thoughts but I can't move on thoughts...you know what I mean...

Love you sis..
WFH
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Waiting,
I can so relate that this could have been my dream.
I haven't read the flood dream. I'll look at it and pray over it.
Bless you,
Joy
givingthanks
Gold Member

Post by givingthanks »

Blessings WFH..I am agreeing with Joy...Would like to add.....

you & hubby rented = leadership responsibilities
banquet hall = church where you get fed a lot of good word
arrived late = even though you werent on time the Holy Spirit had you covered
catering service = Holy Spirit has everything under control, lifting a burden from you & you didnt even have to ask
over charged = financial concern, not to worry, it will be taken care of by a provision of the Lord
grandfather = past, awkward situation

You had a lot 2's = unity
200 = fully judged
20 = holy

There are times in this journey with the Lord when we are to yield to the Holy Spirit to take care of our situation. Like when you were late, it worked out. Like when you had to pay for the banquet, it worked out. Then there are times when we must step into our authority and do spiritual warfare against a situation. Like when it came to your past, you had to deal with it and not let it overtake you. In the end, you got rewarded because you were sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I felt this was a faith statement to you....dont worry...the Lord has everything under control.
I hope this made sense to you. Disregard if not.
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you..I Thes 5:18
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

beautifully put blessings....thank you for sharing your heart...You did a wonderful job putting words to what the Lord gave you!
Love you guys..
WFH
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

givingthanks :)

Waiting,
I feel like the Lord Jesus wants you to look up, keep your focus on Him. He is saying that the past experiences are your foundation, things that you have been through that you can now stand on, mistakes and victories. That you have a firm foundation and you are to continue to build upon those things. They have all been strength builders for you and they are for your future missions. The banquets that you have laid before others in the past were not in vain but were bread for their souls and they did indeed dine and the fruits of your labor will shine forth for the glory of your Saviour.

Philippians 3:13-15 (King James Version)
13Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Jesus Bless You,
Joy
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Thanks sis...my spirit bares witness again...You guys are so helpful and I do appreciate your obedience to God...

WFH