on the bus, part 2

Archives for 2007
anyamanee

on the bus, part 2

Post by anyamanee »

Okay this time we're on the bus again....but not just us only-- this time it is a mixture of English speaking missionary types and Thai only speaking Thai.

We (the english speakers) are going to a guided retreat; for some reflection and prayer ministry.

I don't know what the Thai are going to do but they are going to the same coumpound. I over hear the leader (my same friend on the first "on the bus" dream) say something about a ritual I saw done before a Buddhist MOnk ordination...it is a ritual where you formally ask for forgiveness for any sinful "word deed or thought" ; and in response each person pours water as a blessing over the asker, to show they are granting forgiveness and typically give a blessing; also some cash is typically given (a monk must depend soley on offerings people give which they do to make merit). The words my friend used "ah hoa see gum" are the Bali Sanskrit words for "ask forgiveness" and he said, "we have to be sure and do this each of us"

The dream went on with some rather strange occurances, many different groups were using this camp. I looked for but never did see the Thai group. End of dream. Later found out that my husband and my eldest daughter all had strange dreams at the same time. After a long night of restlessness for both me and my husband (very strange for me!)

I also still feel that there is a young woman doing some vodoo on us. Pray for our covering esp that we won't be in fear. This person as well as her boyfriend were recent guests at an outreach party. The boyfriend was VERY interested as were several others; the girl was withdrawn and disinterested. However when I pray I sense that shortly after he comes to the Lord so will she. The boyfriend is the leader in the dream.....

Blessings to all,

Karen
Bangkok
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Anyamanee, I haven't forgotten you. It was when I was trying to respond to a note from you that I wasn't able to access this web site. For several months I tried and finally one day it worked again.

Anyway my thoughts on this was something we do in our ministry. We take elements of the culture that can be redeemed for Christ. In doing so we can build a bridge for the gospel. So maybe God is showing you a bridge that Buddhists understand. How can you use their understanding of the need for forgiveness to present the Gospel. Have you ever read the book "Eternity in their Hearts"? It's a must read for cross cultural missions.

Blessings
anyamanee

Post by anyamanee »

yes love that book; in my perspectives class Don Richardson spoke as well. I believe it should be required reading for missionaries; as should "Let the Nations Be Glad!" by Piper.

I have thought that and perhaps this is God confirming that this ritual actually should be included carefully. When I witnessed it I was prayerful and other than the fact that those engaged believe they are making merit, it has nothing that would not honor God. I would add a piece about forgiving as we have been forgiven...

thanks,

Karen