the Green Hamper

Archives for 2007
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

the Green Hamper

Post by ArisenShine »

In real life we have a clothes hamper which is painted green. It is my only hamper.

In my dream I was at the end of the hallway of my main childhood home...I've had several dreams about that town and home, usually weird, sometimes the people are like "Farside" folk (the comic).
At the end of the hallway was the exact green hamper.

IRL I don't recall ever having a green hamper in any home we lived. Always a white one, and I don't recall where it was kept.

In the dream (may or may not be important)the location of the hamper in the hallway, was right between my parents bedroom and my bedroom that I shared then, with my little sister....across the hall.

Other than the obvious (hamper:'to get in the way of, hold back, hinder') any help appreciated. If the hamper symbolizes a 'hindrance'...who's hindered/hindering whom?

(insert: smilie, scratching head)
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

It strikes me, dunno though..that a hamper is a place to put dirty clothes, or clothes after you have dirtied them. Could it signify that you and your parents kind of have the same method of storing something? Dealing with sin? or something like that?
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Lee,
I think the dream is saying not to let you past hamper your growth in this time of transition.

Ditch if it doesn't witness.

Blessings,
Joy
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Thank you both,

Been thinking alot about this, and remembered I recently (Dec.1)had a dream about 'Dirty Laundry'.

Wondering if this may have to do with generational sin. I don't know if the hamper in the dream WAS actually my own, or if it was one IDENTICAL to my own. If it was an identical hamper, that speaks of generational.

If it was my very own personal hamper, but placed in a common hallway, where everyone could 'dump' their dirty laundry into mine, it speaks to me of someone trying to appear blameless, and perhaps finding a scapegoat to carry their own blame.

It may be that the message is to take my own personal hamper into my own private room, deal w/it privately w/the Lord only, and not allow others to shirk their responsibility for seeking God about theirs. However, I think I already do that, but some in that generation (who shall remain nameless) seem to always want to drag it back out....and divert the attention off there own sin at all cost...as though they themselves are sinless, but condemning others.

Thinking about how 'love covers a multitude of sin', but we all still are responsible for repenting and 'coming to Jesus' for forgiveness, bought by His blood.

Still pondering this one.
Blessings.....
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....