Pregnant and Man Brings His Other Children to Me

Archives for 2010
servant
Diamond Member

Pregnant and Man Brings His Other Children to Me

Post by servant »

What would it mean if I find I am pregnant and go looking for the dad (he's a major in the army). Then he shows up with a lot of kitchen chairs and a bunch of his kids he took from their mothers (various ages) to all be part of our family. I was sad he took them from their mothers.

Thanks for any ideas on these things!
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi servant,

This reminds me of the parable of the talents. Matthew 25.

I also understand the sadness as compassion for those who lacked wisdom, revealing that you have a merciful and loving heart.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Thank you, Piano! I hadn't thought of the parable of the talents. That is very encouraging.

It struck me about the kitchen chairs, they were for the kids to have a place to sit at the table and eat. I guess as the mother I am to see that they are all fed and grow. Interesting!

Thanks again. May God bless you abundantly, in every way.
Mary
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

hummm sounds like a major task to feed others children to me. I would file this dream away for a while and see what becomes of it in the next few months if the Lord brings it back to mind. It could become more interesting once yall get settled in SA and either find a new church or start a new church.

in Christ,
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Thanks bjcollin. I will do as you suggest. It is interesting and sounds pretty exciting. Maybe some time in the future.

Poor dh is very emotionally drained/exhausted. God has indicated he wants dh to find an interim secular job and recoup and learn something (?) before getting back into full-time ministry again. We did visit Oak Hills Church and had the chance to speak with Max Lucado, he was even kind enough to pray for us. He reiterated what we have been hearing, for dh to take a period off from ministry and get a job that won't tax his intellect for a time.

But, I recently found I have been called to ministry, so I guess I have to wait for dh, except that I will keep studying and growing (he will as well). At this point I don't know to what extent I am called to minister, I will find out as time progresses.

For now, we are getting settled into dh's brother's house and have no prospects yet as to a job for dh, but we are trusting Abba.

Thank you and blessings, bj!
Mary
servant
Diamond Member

Post by servant »

Any suggestions as to a congregation (preferably on the North side) we can visit? I am looking for one that is Spirit led, esp in worship. Not that I have been to one yet, but I would like to see what it looks like. :)

Thanks!!
Mary