dancing with Michael Jackson and not in love

Archives for 2011
peggyo
Diamond Member

dancing with Michael Jackson and not in love

Post by peggyo »

Hello Friends:

My dreamland has been so weird these days. I have no clue about this dream.

Dreamed I was on the left side (audience right) of a stage where the Jackson band was performing. I was supposed to be watching little Michael Jackson, about 4 years old. Seemed like he was falling asleep and I was trying to keep him awake/prop him up.

Then I see little Michael Jackson crawling around on the floor of the audience beneath chairs which were empty (I never did see any people in the audience so not sure if there were any), not traditional auditorium chairs but regular chairs. He had lost a set of plastic keys, like the kind toddlers/babies play with. I also saw a larger set of plastic keys that belonged to me.

Next a much older Michael Jackson (young adult) and I are on the right side (audience left) of the stage. We are dancing together like a rocking horse. My bare feet are on his bare feet. We are very closely and tightly embraced and rocking back and forth together like a 50s type dance, cheek to cheek, lips close together. I do have a visual of my foot on his and see I have a little dirt beneath my big toenail.

When the dance is through I turn around and see a friend of mine named Jenny Johnson. She seems to look at me like Michael Jackson and I are in love. But I assured Jenny that we are just friends. She has an unbelieving look on her face like that can't be. But I again assured her we are just friends, and in the dream Michael and I are friends.

End of weird dream.

Not certain what Jenny Johnson is doing in my dream. She was a friend I knew but not well. And she had very genuine Christianity and knew what the glory was as she had had a glory experience before I did. She got married shortly after I knew her and moved away, so one of those friends I have lost contact with. Jenny and I are probably not seriously close friend material, but because of her genuine Christianity, I always knew I could trust her simple faith.

Bless you for reading!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Peggyo, this is not Spirit lead but my thoughts.
The young Michael represents a young boy that was unclean or disgraced; however, as a young man he has transformed and has return back to Christ (Prodigal Son parable comes to mind.) You are dancing with Him because you are rejoicing over this mighty work of God. Your friend represents a Christian that maybe in disbelief. What I mean is a friend that places limits on God’s ability; hence, the look.

If you do not feel it in your Spirit, simply disregard.
God Bless
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hey I like that Newbie! And it resonates.

If anyone else feels they have something to add, do not hesitate...

Nice to meet you Newbie-- Peggy O.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Glad to assist. I forgot to add, I see praising as well. Remember we are to praise Him in both good times and trials and tribulations. So maybe a cue to praise Him more.
I hope this helps
God Bless
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I loved this dream. It was a Thriller to read. hahaha I am in a weird punny mood today. It has been a while since I have read a dream with the king of pop in it. At any rate, what I feel about the dream is this:

In the first scene you are on stage left (what your called to do, God's strength) the band is there but the main star MJ is not ready yet as he is age 4. You are assigned to watch him, but he is still a baby and not ready to perform yet. There is no audience because the total performance is not ready yet, and he is everywhere but on stage. As for the plastic keys, I feel that these represent either false authority or baby authority in that you and he are start to learn about God's authority.

In the next scene the young adult MJ (when I read this I saw him about 15 years old which is a transitional age) which is a progression of time forward in years from the last baby stage in the last scene. This time you are on stage right (what you naturally or physically do) and you are learning to dance and perform together. The dirty big toe to me says that you most likely stubbed it (had an injury) or got it dirty (sin or hard work) during the walk or journey that got you from the baby stage to the young adult stage. I am not certain on the symbology of the bare feet at this point as many dancers dance in bare feet so it might just be something that fits in here or it might have meaning, not sure.

In the last scene an old friend of yours JJ who seems to represent her personality qualities of trust, simple faith, and a genuine Christian. This person JJ seems to look on you and MJ saying that she feel you two are in love (ie too close to each other), but you say that you are not and she does not believe you.

So back to the beginning.... To me this dream all hinges on who you feel that MJ represents in the dream? I hope this makes sense. MJ can represent the world and its ways 'vs simple faith and belief like JJ represents. MJ can represent a person like a husband or somebody else. I didn't get a feel for who exactly MJ represented, maybe this is left for you to pray about and decide. Hope all this rambling helps. Cool dream.

in Christ,
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Thank you BJ for the input. What you say about stage left--left being about God's strength somehow does make me think this may be about my calling. The unusualness of MJ's life too probably mirrors my own. He was a powerful person of influence. We knew who it was just by a glimpse of his tapping shoe, and that music. There's never been anyone like him and probably never will be. A strongly idealized figure, yet I think he had a horrible life. Memories of the wacko jacko attacks still run through my head. It was almost as if he was 2 different people, lived 2 different lives.

You are more concerned who MJ represents, but I wonder more about who JJ is. It is true I am not "in love" with my calling, partially for how it seems so strange, to me at least, but also the publicness of it--not my thing! But in the dream everything seemed so natural. I had no questions in my head about why I was caring for little MJ or why I was dancing with him.

Possibly my friend JJ represents those who support us in callings we really aren't in love with, almost like a jealousy type thing.

Thanks for the response!
Peggy O.
His_handmaiden
Bronze Member

About Your Dream

Post by His_handmaiden »

The first thing that popped in my head was how David danced before the Lord. After one victory, his wife Micael was angry when she heard he was so happy with the victory from the Lord that he was "bare' before the Lord., transparent and naked. She was jealous because women had seen him He told her he would even bare himself more in the future as he worshipped the Lord, he would not be restrained. Your friend seems to represent those with a religious spirit, implying, that you must be in love or doing something wrong. she is calling it something other than what it is. Most important I think the lord is showing you that when you freely worship and praise Him, in your dance, with your mouth, with your song, you will receive criticism from those you feel are spiritual. I believe the Lord is showing you Michael because he represented "TOTAL LIBERTY" IN DANCE. When you become totally free with the Lord you will be mis understood. I believe the Lord has been watching over you all of your life and holds the real keys while you had the replica, until, the time you could dance with Him and fulfill your calling. I believe He is giving you assurance that you will be dancing, (even without shoes), when all that you are being prepared for comes to fruition. Or that you will have a ministry, (guided by Him), that will be long-term with those He places under you to raise up in him and to not look to the left or the right but trust Him.
We are in the last "laps" of the race, be careful how you run it.
His_handmaiden
Bronze Member

Worship

Post by His_handmaiden »

Are you or could you be being raised up as a worship leader? Perhaps, you are to be free with whatever it is and know it is of Him. Hope this helps or just toss it.
We are in the last "laps" of the race, be careful how you run it.
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

His Handmaiden:

Interesting thoughts you share! You are hearing from the Holy Spirit with your response. Actually this dream could be a past thing. Cause I did once dance like David in a church and I did get a fair amount of misunderstanding, specifically from a woman who I would have fully expected would have been supportive. I was accused of a bunch of stuff that wasn't reality and the grief it ended up causing me was hard to define but hard for me to think about or make sense of. I figured it to just be training ground to toughen me in for what was ahead--very powerful warfare and a lot of misunderstanding. The only way I can describe it all is that just as the church where I danced no longer exists due to being structurally condemned and several church splits thereafter, I also have been dramatically changed.

Interesting that I have never had a desire to dance. I have often wondered if God decided to call me in this area cause as a teen my family attended a small group of Christians that met for church. They just sat in a circle. But there was a Filipino woman who liked to dance and she would get up and do a sort of spontaneous hula dance. My thoughts at the time were something like--oh brother!

Neither do I have a desire to dance or natural talent! At an open house I attended in a store in town, a young woman offered me free ballet lessons. I am nearly 50 years old and not exactly ballerina material. I poked my head around the corner to a generously sized friend of mine who runs a coffee shop and happens to be a little older than me. I figured she would have the same feeling I did about the offer for a free ballerina lesson so had the urge to share the humor. I told her "we" could get a free ballerina lesson. She responded--"no, Peggy, you can have a free ballerina lesson!" My thoughts exactly.

I've not been able to figure out if God just has a sense of humor or why he would call me to something I really have no interest for. I've seen him use me the greatest in areas I have no natural strength or inclination for. I guess if I have a testimony at all, that would be it! I haven't heard that statement much from others, or seen it, but I do know that God's call is to a place that takes faith, that is something we cannot see with our natural eyes, but things hidden.

So indeed, just as you have shared Handmaiden, I know what you mean by this "total liberty in dance." I have to admit though my ignorance in understanding the power of dance as it relates to spiritual warfare. I am a naif. And although I had a powerful experience bestowed on me 13 years ago, I have done no studying on warfare dance. Honestly, it is even a surprise what you have shared, for I have never considered dance a great part of my calling.

Indeed, total freedom in the Lord leads to misunderstanding. Boy don't I know that!

And folks do envy freedom (preferably with a holy jealousy) but it often comes with the price of misunderstanding by those who should know, like my friend JJ in the dream--cause she herself has experienced "the glory" first hand.

There is just so much to learn! ~Peggy O.

1 Corinthians 1, verse 27, "But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen."