snow owl, huge fish & a bed

Archives for 2011
BlueRose32
Gold Member

snow owl, huge fish & a bed

Post by BlueRose32 »

I have three questions on symbolism...

Two are from one dream and one is from what I heard God speak about someone...

God compared someone to a "snow owl" .. immediately after a dream that I had about them .. I'm thinking-- "owl= wisdom" .. anybody have any other symbolism for - "snow owl?"

The other two are from my dream this morning.. first I seen a bed that had the headboard almost at the foot of the bed, with very little space to lay down.. and then I looked out a huge window {in the top back of the house} the house was over-looking the ocean.. I seen a huge fish right at the shore in the water.. I yelled to my dad and sister.. look at the dolphin.. but then it swam away and came back .. when I seen it again.. I realized that it was a whale.. I called it a whale... but the body was shaped like a normal fish, just huge...
He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-- Isaiah 33:15
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Hi BlueRose:

When I had my first introduction to dream interpretation a few years back, the teacher used an example of a snowy owl dream. I've search for that information I got, but I haven't been able to find it. But I do remember the snowy owl is unique in that he is found up in the arctic, where it is light all day and night, giving a positive meaning to this particular owl, cause owls often don't have great connotations in dreams, being creatures of the night.

So yeah, I would believe your friend to be full of light and wisdom.

No clues on the short bed and huge fish.

God bless you!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

Hi PeggyO,

Thank you very much for your response :D That's what I was getting too -- because God said, "This person is like a snow owl-- no threat-- you need to see them properly." And the wisdom thing certainly does fit :D

Thanks so much & blessings to you!
He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil-- Isaiah 33:15
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Blue Rose:

One last note! People who are very full of light can seem sometimes like too much light to handle (a little intimidating). I too have a calling as a lighthouse I have been told. I think sometimes I am just a little too up front for most people and sometimes am avoided for this reason.

I think it is helpful to remember that along with the light (truth), is also love, like the sugar that helps the medicine go down.

Thanks for the reply and blessings back at you!
Peggy O.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

Hi PeggyO,

Yes, absolutely :D And I believe that this is the message that God was speaking to me. I was feeling really confused- - because I had felt that God told me something at the beginning of this year {in a dream} about this person and everything looked the opposite of what he told me. So I did start avoiding saying anything to this person because I wasn't sure what to do and I didn't want to do or say the wrong thing, at the time. I have been praying about this and recently I have been getting the impression that some people think that I am or have been criticizing this person, but that is not what it is "at all." I have made some mistakes recently, because of all the confusion, and this is why I felt that I should be more explicit on what I said here.. I'm not very good at this at all and I know that I may have worded it wrong when I originally wrote this response.. I do believe that God was saying that this person is very wise and like you said- like a lighthouse & and that he wanted me to see this person properly and from his perspective. When God said "properly," he didn't mean that I was being judgmental, but just that he wanted me to see that he had given this person alot of wisdom. :idea: :D

Thank you again for your reply! Blessings!
Last edited by BlueRose32 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

I'm bumping this to see if anyone has any thoughts on the other dream in the message :D
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

.. this was not a criticism of the person in this dream. I never criticized them "at all." God knows that is true :!: It was a compliment from God, because owls are symbols of wisdom.. wisdom like Solomon's in the Bible. Just sayin..
Elle

Post by Elle »

You can relax. I personally didn't get ANY sense that you were being critical of this person. Sounds like you've been critised a bit yourself!!!! Don't worry. You don't have to explain or defend yourself :wink:
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

first I seen a bed that had the headboard almost at the foot of the bed, with very little space to lay down
This quote reminded me of this scripture (although i don't have an interpretation)

Isaiah 28: 14-

14 Therefore, hear the word of the LORD, O scoffers,
Who rule this people who are in Jerusalem,
15 Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death,
And with [k]Sheol we have made a [l]pact.
The overwhelming [m]scourge will not reach us when it passes by,
For we have made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception.”

16 Therefore thus says the Lord [n]GOD,

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone,
A costly cornerstone for the foundation, [o]firmly placed.
He who believes in it will not be [p]disturbed.
17 “I will make justice the measuring line
And righteousness the level;
Then hail will sweep away the refuge of lies
And the waters will overflow the secret place.
18 “Your covenant with death will be [q]canceled,
And your pact with Sheol will not stand;
When the overwhelming scourge passes through,
Then you become its trampling place.
19 “As often as it passes through, it will [r]seize you;
For morning after morning it will pass through, anytime during the day or night,
And it will be [s]sheer terror to understand [t]what it means.”
20 The bed is too short on which to stretch out,
And the blanket is too small to wrap oneself in.

21 For the LORD will rise up as at Mount Perazim,
He will be stirred up as in the valley of Gibeon,
To do His task, His [v]unusual task,
And to work His work, His [w]extraordinary work.
22 And now do not carry on as scoffers,
Or your fetters will be made stronger;
For I have heard from the Lord [x]GOD of hosts
Of decisive destruction on all the earth.

23 Give ear and hear my voice,
Listen and hear my words.
24 Does the [y]farmer plow [z]continually to plant seed?
Does he continually [aa]turn and harrow the ground?
25 Does he not level its surface
And sow dill and scatter cummin
And [ab]plant wheat in rows,
Barley in its place and rye within its [ac]area?
26 For his God instructs and teaches him properly.
27 For dill is not threshed with a threshing sledge,
Nor is the cartwheel [ad]driven over cummin;
But dill is beaten out with a rod, and cummin with a club.
28 Grain for bread is crushed,
Indeed, he does not continue to thresh it forever.
Because the wheel of his cart and his horses eventually [ae]damage it,
He does not thresh it longer.
29 This also comes from the LORD of hosts,
Who has made His counsel wonderful and His wisdom great

Also the part about the the big fish reminded me of the story of Jonah! (Again, it is not an interp just some thoughts about the symbolism)

Toss what doesn't fit and take all to the Lord in prayer!
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd
BlueRose32
Gold Member

Post by BlueRose32 »

Thank you Elle & God bless

Reborn: Thank you & God bless