Soldiers-Knights-Plague

Archives for 2011
abe

Soldiers-Knights-Plague

Post by abe »

I'm not sure there's much to this dream. It was interesting, and memorable, but did not feel particularly powerful. I think I partly just miss coming on here. I would be very grateful for any interpretation.

So, most of the dream is a blur except the end. I was in my own body but played a completely different character, as I was in a formal position of command - perhaps military.

I head a handful of soldiers working with me. At times they appeared as modern soldiers, and at other times they appeared as knights.

Earlier in the dream, I was charged to investigate and rule on the guilt or innocence of one of my men. All of us were shut up in this small storage house with wooden boxes, and a dumpster full of trash. I don't know what the so-called crime was but we were searching through that dumpster to find some sort of evidence to determine guilt or innocence. At some point, a superior walks in to try to influence my ruling. I get really upset about this, and start pacing around giving a speech about how "I was charged with determining the guilt of this man. He's my man. And I will go through every shred of trash in that dumpster for as long as it takes to get to the bottom of it." And I forced my superior out.

Later in the dream I am below ground in a subway station. There is some sort of sickness in the city, and part of this station is being utilized as a quarantine area. I have some authority position here too, and knights are shadowing me. I am walking amongst and talking to some of the sick individuals, and I go up to one woman and put my hands on her face. She appears smiling and grateful for the touch. Strangely her face and body seem to be shifting into many different people. I walk away and start to leave the quarantine, walking up the stairs out of the subway station. As I get about halfway up the stairs I fall and start shaking. I am conscious and aware but it seems like I have died. One of the knights stands above me towards the top of the stairs, and one stands below me towards the bottom of the stairs, and they hold some sort of vigil or guard. Another man who appears to know me comes walking down the stairs with his own posse of men. He is a clean and good looking guy, with dark hair, sharp eyes, and a full and mischievous smile. He is smiling, almost chuckling at me as he walks by as if he's happy/knew this would happen to me.

Then I wake up on the top of a green hill with a woman I actually know, though am not close to, though we are behaving romantically (not sexually) in this moment. It's joyful, but for some reason we both have black trashbags full of trash, and we are talking about rolling down the hill with them. (I thought about leaving this part out, as I don't think it's relevant, but left it in just in case.
abe

Post by abe »

I also should add, as this could be important, that as I was walking up the stairs I felt like I almost made the conscious decision to fall down as if I was purposefully letting go at that moment.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

The knights in the dream to me are signifigant of spiritual warfare.

The first thing that hits me in this dream is why are you going through peoples garbage for evidence of guilt or innocence about them? You can search all you want, everybody is guilty and everybody has garbage. It is those who are forgiven by the Lord and who are covered with His blood who are found not guilty and who are the children of God. It is not that we are not guilty, it is that we had the price of that guilt paid for by Jesus. There are many verses in the Bible about not judging. Ref Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:37-38, John 3:16-21.

Then you see what is going on under the surface. This is a spiritual issue and the enemy is at work. To me the face changing in the one you touch is representative of a enemy spirit at work in that person. Then you are attacked by that enemy spirit.

To me this dream is about learning spiritual warfare and that there are spiritual laws at work as well like the judgements. Hope this helps get you a start on the dream.

in Christ,
abe

Post by abe »

Thank you very much for your response. I also provided a longer reply to my other thread you commented on.

I was thinking more about what this dream might mean today if your interpretations are correct. Why was I attacked? I felt like I was behaving righteously. I was given a job to do and I was trying to protect people.

Maybe my sin has something to do with ego or pride. Maybe in terms of protecting others, handling judgement, and caring for the sick I was acting as God instead of acting on behalf of God. Jesus walks amongst the sick and heals and I was doing that in this dream. When I touched the woman's face, I was acting as if I were special, and she looked to me as her hero of sorts. Maybe this made me unable to heal her and vulnerable to attack myself. Perhaps what I should have done is prayed over her and asked Christ to heal her. Perhaps I should have called on Christ to handle or aid in the judgement in the earlier scene. Instead I took the care for others on myself as if I could figure out and solve their problems by my own devices. Taking on this burden without God or without clear deference to God might be both an impossible task and an egotistical sort of sin. Maybe this is where I still need to grow.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

You know I am reminded that the Apostle Paul had something like this going on in his life before his total surrender to Christ. Look at Paul's Jewish defense in Acts 22. He thought he was doing so right being a Pharisee and serving the Sanhedrin council and hunting down the rebel Christians. It wasn't until Jesus knocked him off his high horse that he learned how wrong he had been. In Acts 23:1 he even goes so far as to say he had lived his life with a clear conscience... because he thought he we doing right by God and serving God, but in reality he was not doing what the Lord wanted. I am not saying this is what is going on with you, it is just an example along the lines of what you have brought up.

Bringing healing to others who are in need is a great Godly endeavor. We are commanded to do this by Jesus in Matthew 10:1, Matthew 10:8, Luke 10:9. Also note in those same passages for healing that we also have authority against enemy spirits. This is the basis for deliverance ministry. A deliverance ministry helps spiritually remove the enemy spirits that have a foothold in our lives this is also the basis of spiritual warfare or more simply put fighting against enemy spirits. I will bring up more on deliverance in the other topic (yes I read it all, but I might not reply tonight as it is getting late)

I have also altered my thinking over the years like you have in your last post... from more of a self centered it is I the man of God who prays for the sick and they get better... to more of a praying for God to do the healing through me type of approach. What I have found out more over the years is that when the Lord directs it first is when it happens. i.e. it is the pattern that Jesus had in that he only did what he either saw or heard His Father in heaven doing as communicated through the Holy Spirit. Ref John 5:19. I am fully convinced that we the church mainly 99.9% of the time have a seeing/hearing problem. We are calling seemingly random for sick to be prayed for and seeking out good works to do without first hearing from the Lord as to what to do and who to touch. We are like blind leading the blind and I have been blind and deaf myself for way too many years. It is not that these things aren't needed or are not service unto the Lord, it is that we do them when commanded in the proper spirit. Hope this helps.

in Christ,