eat and not eat diet laws

Archives for 2012
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

eat and not eat diet laws

Post by Demon_Buster »

Hi all I was wondering where I could get a good link on what we can eat and not eat diet laws of the Old Testament Dut:
and if back then if people ate the organs of the animals they used in sacrifice
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Re: eat and not eat diet laws

Post by Counted4Him »

Demon_Buster,

http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/18-3.htm

Hope this helps. Blessings
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

Thanks Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello DB, we talked briefly over this the otherday and each of us had our on thoughts on this. It just occured to me last night while reflecting, that our culture may have a part in this. Not sure, but I see that you are in China. Are you by chance a Chinese national or are you are from another country and you by chance live there? I ask this because I have traveled to many different countries and noticed that certain things that are common in that particuliar is not even open for acceptance in the US. I have been to Korea in which dog is a common meat. There are parts of Latin America in which rats, guinea pigs, and snakes are common meats. I have been told that monkey brains is a dish in China. Eggs with part of a grown chick is a speciality in the Phillipines. All though that is acceptable in other countries; however, I could not fathom eating any of those kinds of meats.
So I guess when looking at this; perhaps you may have been refering to this. I am not sure. In regards to liver and other internal organs of animals, in the US many eat these parts whether they realize or not. Liver is considered good nutritional wise. In the States common meats are beef, pork, veal, poultry, and some wild game like turkey, deer, squirrel, etc...
So my question to you is this, "Are you talking about this or are you simply talking about Jewish dietary laws?"
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

HI NB Yes I am in China but no I am not Chinese, part of the reason is the way them get the food ready for your table and another part her is the way the might clean the kill when selling it and again the water here is not fit for drinkingso its not good to wash the food before you eat it with water that comes from a tap.

Thanks
and
blessings
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Oh Okay it is like Korea, get what you saying. But is your concern something biblical or is it due to health concerns? I am slighly confused now.
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

Hi NB ' Both"
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Okay, now everything makes sense. When I was living in S.Korea, we were told that we should boil the water to make it drinkable because a lot places used lead pipes vs that of copper. If this warning was not heeded we could have gotten sick and one of my frineds did. Do they carried imported bottle waters? Also, do they have meats or other foods that you are used too? I asked because when my husband was there before going to N. Korea, he would simply eat fried chicken or go to some of the African places that they had there. I really feel your pain on this one. Because I am veryethnocentric when it comes to food. If I am not use to something then I simply hold out for something familiar. Will keep you in prayer.
Demon_Buster
Diamond Member

Post by Demon_Buster »

HI NB, ya we were told that we should boil the water to make it drinkable, but it taste real bad so I get BW at western price. its better then local water