fat?

Archives for 2012
Four Years
Diamond Member

fat?

Post by Four Years »

fat girls in your youth group?

i once dreamed of my ex girlfriend who is fat in real life and i've come to understand that she represents "spiritual past/old sins"

so this kind of reminded me of that yet it wasn't my ex this time and the fact that they were part of of this Christian Retreat thing
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi four years,

I guess feeding sin can create heavy- weights.

Starving sin--- helps you to over abound in fullness in Him---
Like having good fats, or Omega 3's.

Im not sure about your dream at all 4 years, so this is just pertaining to possible symbolism, and I mean possible!

Balance is what I feel He wants me to strive for...never too lean..never too fat, content and at peace, so if the lean times come, He is my reservoir, and if the fat times come, I pray He remains my stay.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

Starving sin--- helps you to over abound in fullness in Him---
:idea:

yes

this was really complicated...i felt that these RUDE Fat Girls were more welcomed at this supposedly CHRISTIAN retreat than i was

this is what i need to understand

they were already Fat in the dream

so WHO is "Fat"...metaphorically speaking...in my waking experience? Nobody at this point

WHO or WHAT would be more welcomed than me at
"Christian Retreat"...aka...the Kingdom in general?
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Dreams are sometimes really bizarre for me 4 years.

I discard so many, like ones I had the past two days are all in the dumpster, because I had issues with anger, and that can invite an element into my dreams that distorts the truth. If I am already feeding my sin (like having resentment/unforgiveness, fear, or feeling sorry for myself like I can when I dont keep gratitude levels up by being thankful, even in difficult times) I might get a big colorful dream show of absolutely nothing worth keeping while I am asleep. I might get a dream that creates guilt or confusion in my thoughts, rather than a sincere feeling of hmm, I need to deal with this issue I am holding onto, because He is showing me something purposeful about it?

Feelings of not fitting in, or being unwelcomed, being mocked and/or ignored (examples only) might trigger emotional response in me when I wake up, rather than a more mature rational spiritual response, if I am already in a shaky space emotionally? Its reactionary, rather than active growth.

When this happens Its an automatic--- I need to draw near to Him because what is going on in the day in my heart and mind, is having a life all of its own when I am trying to rest--and Im not getting the rest I need!

I hope you can get a little of what I am saying---
Sensitive areas are easy prey for deception, wherever it might come from--flesh, or enemy, these things I do not understand!
I just need to discern if a dream is helpful or not to me.
Our hearts can be desperately wicked, ya know?
But for His Grace and Mercy to save...
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

i keep getting this thought that the "Fat" Girls are symbolic of the girls i'm lusting after when i sin...

however, in the dream they were very judgemental and obnoxious toward me

could they be symbolic of judgemental/accusing Spirits?
that seems more likely
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

how about the weight of your sin and how the enemy uses it against you to keep you in bondage
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

bjcollin wrote:how about the weight of your sin and how the enemy uses it against you to keep you in bondage

bless you bj

i never even thought of that, how did i miss that?

but how would that explain why they seemed more welcomed at the Retreat than me? bythe female Chaperone and probably by Brad (the male Chaperone) and everyone else?

in fact, what is the Retreat itself symbolic of?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I think you need to come to grips with the fact that not everything Christian is perfect or even Godly.. Sometimes the things that people do in Church or in Christian groups are falling pretty short of the mark. People are fallen sinful creatures and even though some try to live Godly lives, nobody is perfect and mistakes will happen and then the enemy gets in the middle of things and every thing goes down hill from there. The bottom line is that we each are responsible to God for our own actions and responses before Him and others. Let the Holy Spirit deal with others on His own timing.

in Christ,
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

perhaps the "Retreat" represents a sense of
Holiness/Self Righteousness

that's why the girls (Guilt) seemed more welcomed there
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

perhaps the "Retreat" represents a sense of
Holiness/Self Righteousness

that's why the girls (Guilt) seemed more welcomed there
What you shared here sounds insightful.

It is sortof funny how a Christian Retreat is always meant to draw closer to God, yet to retreat is to get away....

So having guilt (instead of that Godly sorrow) and self righteousness and business and judging/condeming are ways to retreat from Him, for sure.

Peace,

Piano
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

another person who i shared this dream with said that they kept hearing the word "Dishonest" as they were reading it
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

another person who i shared this dream with said that they kept hearing the word "Dishonest" as they were reading it
I really like what bj shared about our responsibilty lines.
not everything Christian is perfect or even Godly.. Sometimes the things that people do in Church or in Christian groups are falling pretty short of the mark. People are fallen sinful creatures and even though some try to live Godly lives, nobody is perfect and mistakes will happen and then the enemy gets in the middle of things and every thing goes down hill from there. The bottom line is that we each are responsible to God for our own actions and responses before Him and others. Let the Holy Spirit deal with others on His own timing.
When I think of dishonesty, there are times when that falls under denial = standing for Dont. Even. kNow. I. Am. Lying.

Not one person has been free from denial at some time of their life, some more than others.

I do believe to a certain extent we are responsible TO others.
That means being honest with ourselves and them, and being able to judge rightly, what is from Him, and what is not.

Always seeking Him, in honest desire to be merciful, loving and full of His truth and light.
Pride (denial of ones own issues of inward or outward sin/rebellion) is darkness, and a spirit that is cunning...powerful....but not as cunning or powerful as God, who has no darkness in Him.
May He light the way, dispelling the darkness.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Right, I can see dishonesty and decit in the dream as well. However, it is all a matter of perceptions. Was it right what happened to you a few weeks ago and what came out in this dream because of it? No, but sometimes we need to choose to let things go and let God deal with it instead of taking up offense against others and then re-broadcasting it for everybody to see and then trying to get others to join your cause or point of view because of it. From the others peoples standpoints you have been doing certain behaviors for years and sometimes our fuses can get get a little short and paitence runs a little thin when we see the same old thing year after year and we keep telling you the same old thing year after year. Is this right? No, we should be acting more like Christ and having the patience of a saint with others who are in the growth process in their walk with the Lord. Can we agree to forgive and to let this subject drop now and move forward in life?
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

And now I am totally lost...but I think thats a good thing in this case. :wink:
Four Years
Diamond Member

Post by Four Years »

yeah

i first thought "Dishonest" here meant i've been dishonest about how i truly feel about my sin

i've acknowledged though that i could possibly NOT really hate it. i've told the Lord everything. i've laughed it off before even.

the part in this dream about a kid named Joel and him telling me how much or what kind of soap to use is what made me think this dream meant something

http://tehillahdreams.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=30019

'Washing Hands' seems like a VERY religious symbol does it not?