Autopsies

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Autopsies

Post by TexasTransplant »

Does anybody have any knowledge about what an autopsy in a dream could mean? A dream I had a year or so ago has been coming up to me a lot lately but it was so uncomfortable, I haven't looked into it too much before now. I have most of it figured out except this one scene...

I'm walking through a gas station with my husband and in a room to the back there is a truly creepy gentleman in a lab coat and he's been performing autopsies on people in there. He felt evil to me. I thought he really enjoyed cutting these people up because he had a sick, satisfied grin on his face. Also coke-bottle type glasses or goggles. I walk BAREFOOT up to the table, the evil guy leaves and I want to check on the person lying there, but I get so nauseated when I notice all the guts and gore on the floor around me that I turn and leave. I said, "Why am I barefoot??!!"

All I can find online regarding dreaming of autopsies seems very new-agey to me so I'm leary to accept those explanations as truth. Maybe one of you has dreamed this way and knows what it means :).
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

An autopsy is the cutting up of the dead to determine cause of death. In your particular dream this seems to be indicitive of somebody who was cutting people up spiritually and disecting them. barefoot unprotected walking in this area. Just some thoughts.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Texas Transplant,

I do not have an explanation or interpretation for you.

I stopped watching CSI and other programs on T.V. because I am fully discusted by what they show. You may not even adventure into watching T.V.

Symbolically it reminds me of the mutilation as mentioned in Phillipians 3.

Two different translations.

KJV 3:2
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!

Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord.
To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you.
Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh.
For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also.

(Philippians 3:1-4 ESV)

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi TT,

What BJ said was what also came to my mind...
somebody who was cutting people up spiritually and disecting them
I used to meet regularly with 2 people from my church. After church we'd go for coffee and sit and chat about spiritual stuff. They used to be quite analytical, critical and both admitted to struggling with religiosity. I remember one day I was the subject of their pulling apart and analysis.

I remember getting so annoyed, and my thought was 'well why don't you just throw me on a slab and start disecting me'. Their discussion was so insensitive, it was like I wasn't even there.

Could the fact that you're barefoot be to do with feeling unsafe or unprotected? Or lacking peace (shoes of the gospel of peace)?
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure about who this could relate to. It was right after we'd moved to our last town and part of the dream had to do with church and getting involved with a small group there. I never encountered this until right at the end of our stint there and I went to have my hair cut by the leader's wife. She is precious and I chalked it up to her having a terrible day (which she was) but she did bash most of the people in that group. Unusual for her, but I was uncomfortable with the gossip. She apologized later. So I don't know... All of that makes sense though.

I don't watch CSI! It freaks me out too! It amazes me how much 'entertainment' on television these days is really all about death. Practically every prime-time show. Unless of course it's about sex. Sex and death shows are the worst of all :roll:.

I'll study all the verses you guys brought up. Like I said, this dream keeps coming back up to my mind LATELY, so perhaps it's for now. Possible, just moved and joined a new bible study group/church. We'll see. In the dream, I got the impression that the 'autopsy' man could've been doing something sexual. He was performing autopsies, but rape came to mind for me or 'predator'. I've never experienced that but worked with girls who had and I'm looking to get involved in a human trafficking ministry here so it's bound to come up. This was all just somewhere in the back of my mind though, so it definitely COULD be more along the lines of what you guys are saying. I'm only just now remembering the 'rape feeling' I got from him. Thanks again!!
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

I have a hard time with remembering "specific" details - so sorry,
but I did read within the last couple of months that one religious sect (not sure what country) had just passed a law that men could
have sex with their wives up to 9hrs (approximate, again with specifics :oops: ) up to 9 hrs after the wifes death.
I asked my husband what on earth could they think is special about that?! he had no answer.
At any rate, when you mentioned sex/rape that is what came
to my mind.

Which this info falls in line with what not to do mentioned by ~ Piano referencing Phillipians 3: 1-4
Jesus is the Saviour
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Sheez, that's horrible. Thanks for sharing though, will start praying. I know shoes are peace-related, part of our armor from Eph 6. Does anyone know if barefeet ever have to do with...feeling vulnerable? I mean vulnerable in a completely positive way. There was something GOOD about my barefeet in this dream. "Spilling her guts" JUST came to mind!!! It's so funny when we get an interpretation as we're typing on this site sometimes :). I think it has to do with my counseling/encouraging women who've been sexually abused. Duh. I see it now. Can I also add that the guys face looks like Jerry Sandusky?! Just realizing. Thanks guys for helping me work this out!!