New furniture

Archives for 2012
keilani
Site Moderator

New furniture

Post by keilani »

I was standing in my bedroom--which was part of a two bedroom apt. My mom walked in with me and showed me some new furniture she had bought for me--a new bed with a white comfortable-looking thick bedspread and a new couch set. The couches were in shades of brown (colors I do like irl for furniture and just in general). One couch had a floral print and the other two loveseats had a striped/plaid pattern. The two didn't match but they were similar in color so it didn't clash and still looked nice. I was thinking of how I wanted to rearrange the furniture in a way that I would enjoy them most.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated--mahalo:)
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hmmmm.......

Your mom walking into your private life......remodeling?

Whats comfortable........whats not comfortable.

I'm not sure about flowers and plaids going together....may match in color.......but clash.....

be forewarned......and gentle with her when giving your opinion.
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
~ Sonkissed ~
Silver Member

Post by ~ Sonkissed ~ »

Hi Keilani~

A couple thoughts I have:
Bedrooms can be symbolic of intimacy, and speak of the intimate relationship believers have with Jesus.

Your mother can represent the church. Her giving you a bed covered in white comforters, to me, speaks of the rest in which true believers find comfort.

Though they didn't have identical prints, the brown color of the furniture can speak of death (dead grass, burial of earth in earth)... being dead to self. This death, of course is important for the life of Christ to flow through the believer. (Not sure what the actual prints represent.)

I see this as an encouraging dream... what the Lord is fulfilling in you, and all true believers. But please disregard what doesn't fit.

God bless!
'...he that is entered into His rest, ...hath ceased from his own works...'
~ Hebrews 4:10
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Mahalo to you both for taking the time to offer your insights! It is greatly appreciated :D

Sonkissed, great thanks for this--this definitely speaks to me and reminded me of things I had forgotten!
Bedrooms can be symbolic of intimacy, and speak of the intimate relationship believers have with Jesus.

Your mother can represent the church. Her giving you a bed covered in white comforters, to me, speaks of the rest in which true believers find comfort.
I do believe I understand what the prints and furniture even with the color means, time will confirm it and I'll share as He allows! Shalom and blessings on you both, thanks again!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.