Red Bull Bookends

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Red Bull Bookends

Post by TexasTransplant »

Been chewing on this one all day. Wondering if it has to do with personal business stuff or something else to pray about Israel related. Not sure and need to post.

Had to do with my husband's golf buddy. He's a Jewish businessman, unsaved, but a good friend to hubby. They talk about business ventures a lot and my hubby respects him greatly.

Dream:
This friend, Scott, has a broken water heater but is out of town with his wife for the holidays. It's ruptured and water is damaging their wood floor. My husband has found out about this secretly and wants to go over and fix it secretly. Their teenage children are still home and so we need to sneak in quietly and fix it without getting caught. We almost get caught while fixing it but manage to hide good enough so they don't find us.

Next scene I'm trying to find them a Christmas present at a Walgreens drug store. I'm rolling over the fact that they celebrate Hannukah instead in my head but still want to give them a gift. I rationalize that they may celebrate both since his wife is not really Jewish. I come to a glass case in the store and a pair of bookends catch my eye. I really like them but not sure if they will. They were large, deep red, ceramic bull heads with happy eyes. Very whimsical and different. Curly horns. I try to talk myself into purchasing them and remind myself that they'll like them because they already own African masks that hang on their wall. These were interesting like those were.

My mother in law shows up wearing a necklace with 2 split, pink stoned, pendants hanging on it. She tells me Scott and his wife won't want anything from Walgreens and I kind of think,"Right, what was I thinking?!" EOD

Any ideas??
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I believe the 'red bulls' are related to the sin offering from the Old Testament. I really feel that's correct, but not sure on any of the other symbols here. Bookends, necklace, etc.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Just posting my own thoughts as they come.
1. Drug stores are for the sick :).
2. The bookends...there were two and they were displayed touching w/o books in between. They fit together perfectly and, if these bulls had personalities, I would say they liked that. Weird, but a feeling I got. Could these represent the old and new testaments?? Does anybody see anything different there? Also maybe a play on words.."how the book ends" comes to mind.
3. I understand the mother in law/necklace scene now. Negative connotation and I shouldn't have taken that advice. Voice of doubt and human reasoning. Split loyalties.

Now, WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS DREAM?? I believe it's about salvation. I wonder if its about Scott or represents all Jews. I'm praying about it all.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, I believe the hot water heater represents a situation that feels great never having a care or to care; however, the heater ruptures and causes damage to floor. Therefore, I view his lackadaisical feeling as causing damage to his foundation (the wooden floor). It appears that you see this and now this; hence, your statement of him being Jewish and unsaved. I view the secret repair as you praying and Jesus working behind the scenes.
The pharmacy may symbolize a situation that requires discretion, privacy, or confidentiality. You may feel very sensitive about noticing or dealing with a problem. You may feel a risk of embarrassment. I view the bull bookends as you dealing with a powerful urge in the handling of the situation. I view this part of your dream as learning restraint, e.g., “Should I give them a gift or should I refrain”. It appears for a moment you try to rationalize your intent; however, you came to your senses? I viewed your MIL as a symbol for rational thinking, if this makes sense? Kind of like when we see shows and the person have the angel and devil on the shoulders during a thinking session. I hopes this helps and toss if nothing pings in the spirit!
Sidenote: if this was my dream, I would view this as a call to keep Scott and his family in prayer. There are many people that need salvation; however, I have learned to simply pray for them and wait on the unction of the Holy Spirit on when to make a move. Sometimes when I jumped the gun, I get caught up by my feelings and then my feelings and ego take over and not the Spirit. Which results in me dropping the ball. As usual toss if rubbish!
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I agree, thanks!!
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

hi TexasT,
I suspect the dream is about yourself and not about others. What do you most know your friend Scott for? By this I mean, what are his most outstanding attributes in your eyes? – this is what I think he stands for in the dream. Sometimes people in our dreams represent the trait you view them for (negative or positive).
I feel part of your dream is showing you a negative spiritual influence (hot water on hard wood floor) which has somehow damaged a foundational area of your life. I’m sure the Lord will reveal what this is when the time is right. It appears there are areas of yourself who are still learning (teenagers) and who may potentially rebel (also indicated by the teenagers) which is why the Lord does some undercover work to fix it.
Jewish people to me, can represent people with part of the truth but not all of it – they follow the true God but reject Jesus. Jewish people also represent God’s chosen people and I believe Scott along with the teens are all aspects of your identity.
The term ‘bull-headed’ came to mind as I read about the book ends – a deep red colour can often represent the heart or some form of stubbornness in the heart that’s on display and which is ultimately rejected. One of the reasons I believe the bull heads reference stubbornness is because pharmacy is from the word pharmakia - a Greek word which is linked directly to witchcraft, and the bible states that rebellion/stubbornness is as the sin of witchcraft.
Regarding the hanging pendants, this reminds me of ‘pendulums’. Pendulums sometimes represent indecisiveness and swinging back and forth regarding a matter. The number two often indicates division. So perhaps the MIL symbolizes some form of division which in this case is good because she rejects the stubbornness in the heart. I’m sure there is something I missed in regards to the bulls being on bookends and am not sure what that particular part may symbolize. Please take it all to the King for inspection
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

This is super interesting because He revealed something negative about myself LAST NIGHT. During prayer and then later in a dream. It grosses me out to admit it, but it has to do with a bit of ambition, jealousy, etc. It's a sneaky thing that I'd be tempted to deny if He himself hadn't shown me. I assumed it was dealt with and dead already but then meeting a person of similar 'drive' sparked it back to life recently in me, I think.

Last night I dreamed of a girl named Roshanda ('path to fame') who was working hard painting someone's house for charity, but it held a selfish, get ahead, feel. Then I was holding a white kitten with striking green eyes next to my husband who is severely allergic to cats :). This cat had an orange cap of fur on its head, like fire. "Burning with jealousy", perhaps?? Interestingly, the night before I dreamed my youngest son had gotten in trouble in Bible class for starting a fire just above his head. I thought it was all about him, but I think it was about me now. This fire/head/jealousy thing brings to mind a time years ago when I was praying specifically against this same emotion when The Lord said,"You are burning with it," and my husband, ignorant to the situation, walked up and jokingly poured a little cold water right on top of my head. So...head fires seem to be symbolizing 'jealousy and covetousness' between me and the Lord. And it's extra complex because its not about things but position, I think. Ugh!!! Disgusting. Determined to get to the root of it now! So thank you for your thoughts!