why a Mattress and not a full bed?

Archives for 2013
fishbreath
Gold Member

why a Mattress and not a full bed?

Post by fishbreath »

The Lord puts beds and mattresses in many of my dreams but some are just mattresses lying on the floor
I'm wondering why the Lord would use a mattress on the floor in symbolism and not a full bed with legs & a boxspring?
There must be some reason, but I have yet to figure it out. Any ideas are welcome.
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Counted4Him »

fishbreath,

In order to understand what the mattresses may symbolize you need to understand the context of the dream. What the mattress means to you in each seperate dream (as one meaning in one dream may not have that applied meaning to the other). Think of the condition of the matress, was it your mattress if it applies, where was the mattress at and were you alone. Careful reviewing of your present life circumstances can also render a clue to why you dream this way. I see pattern in your dream in this area from what you shared. How did you feel? very important to embrace what you felt either positive or negative. In the past I was given a dream where I was laying on the floor inside the frame stretch out like a cross flat on my back. The mattress was not present and I was seperated from my husband back then. I knew the Lord was telling me to "Keep my marriage bed pure" which was something I would definately not violate. Many people have had dreams of seeing themselves or others laying on a mattress on the floor so again it's hard to discern without the full context being ponderd on. With that said, Mattresses to me can symbolize many things such as marriage bed, sickness, time of rest, comfort, Frames usually support the mattress (just a thought), (with no sheets and just plain) can symbolizs a time of displace, or seeing oneself in a unsupported circumstances, but its your understanding of the full time that can help tie it all together. Sometimes we also should consider our health during our dream state prior and or if it has to do with things we have seen and experience during our wake time and life. I hope this helps just suggestions to help. His blessings upon you!

God bless!
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Toss away if not relevant, but the mattress vs a fully made up bed to me evokes a feeling of desperation..."I need intimacy with Jesus right now where I am" rather than..."This is the time/place/setting where I always meet with Him each day and only like this." There's something very portable and basic about a mattress on the floor. For some reason I'm thinking about frat houses (boys in college) who won't have a nicely made up bedroom but rather just a mattress on a floor. Because its a basic necessity and good for a temporary living arrangement. Costs little money too, easy to throw down for rest. The Lord is teaching me currently to stop and focus in on him throughout my daily activities and to live from that place of peace I feel when I'm aware of His presence. Make sense? May not fit here, but that's what I saw :).
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

thanks to you both for your replies
I am fully aware of what a bed means in my dreams, just missing the reason for mattresses. The Lord purposefully disallows me to "feel" anything in my dreams as He is training me to not allow "feelings" to dictate prophetic interpretation - there are no feelings whatsoever in my dreams and it's been this way for over a year.
Perhaps it symbolizes a sense of not being supported somehow, as I certainly have no form of support at all and am completely alone aside from the Lord Himself. Many worldly Christians have decided to place judgment on me and ostracize me because they cannot be honest & truthful, but that is fine, they will have no part in the glory when God brings this story to it's end. As a matter of fact, many Christians would look down on what I just wrote as being "negative", LOL, little do they realize they are being judgmental.

Anyway, I will stop before I get started, :D thanks for both your input