Wild Peacock Dream

Archives for 2013
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Wild Peacock Dream

Post by TexasTransplant »

Dreamed that I prayed for work. IRL I already work from home. I prayed for work and found myself in a type of hospital setting. I was handed files to put away alphabetically. I had a deep urge to look at and study the info in the files but didn't want to be seen doing this so as not to get in trouble. I peeked at them and they each contained pictures of beaten girls, near death, and investigative info. I filed away two in the S-T section.

Next scene I'm with a baby I love deeply and also watching a friend with her baby. We're on a grassy hill watching some type of war or battle unfold like a movie. The battle is between strange, half animal type creatures. Later I see a glimpse of Keegan (friend w baby) standing exhausted and sweaty in Scotland or Ireland and understand that I'm looking at her back when she took a family trip there. (Not sure if she has ties w the region or not.)

Next I'm standing back in time, 1800s I think, someone walks up sad carrying a dead peacock. Peacock was tall like a man and seemed to be a man. We checked for breath and pulse and could not find any but somehow we thought there was a possibility he wasnt fully 'dead' even though all signs pointed to it. We cried over this and he was handed to a 'graveskeeper' for burial. I did not trust this guy. He buried a total of three 'people' that day. I observed from a distance or in my mind that there were little bells with strings attached inside the coffins just in case they woke up. I was aware this graves keeper guy would stay all night listening for the bells. Peacock guy woke up after being buried and began ringing his bell explaining who he was and where he lived. He was very concerned for his wife. Grave keeper heard it but instead of rescuing him, he added more nails very quietly to the lid of his coffin. His assistants ran up with a newspaper that featured the peacock guy and said he was a famous illustrator of children's books. He still didn't let him out and he grinned deviously about it.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT! The era of your dream may reflect the Victorian age which was a “ long period of peace, prosperity, refined sensibilities and national self-confidence for Britain” which coincided with Gilded Age of the US which was an era of enormous prosperity and a time of enormous poverty. Mark Twain satirized this age in one of his books in which he believed that this era was one of serious social problems hidden by thin gold gilding (from Wikipedia). Sounds familiar?
I do believe that there may be a generational tie in regards to your friend. If I am not mistaken Scotland, Ireland, and Wales are descended from the Celts. A lot of the Celtic tribes practiced polytheism which is a pagan religion that adhered to practices of the Iron Age peoples of Western Europe. One that comes to me are the druids priests. The Celts did not see their gods as having human shapes until late in the Iron Age (from Wikipedia).
So the war that you were watching was spiritual warfare over your friend. A call to pray perhaps.
In regards to the peacock, “The peacock is a very splendid bird; its colors are most rich and beautiful. The feathers of the tail are often more than a yard long, and when they are spread out in the sunlight, like a great fan, nothing can be more elegant. Yet with all its beauty I do not believe you could ever love a peacock, as you love a lamb or a dove. It seems selfish and vain, and there is nothing lovely about it-its voice is very harsh and disagreeable. There are some people who, like the peacock, are called handsome or beautiful, but whose hearts are not pure and lovely in the sight of God. "Beauty," in itself, "is vain;" but "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit is in the sight of God of great price (from Scripture Alphabet of Animals)”.
Death could mean either death of the flesh or death in the spirit. The graves keeper could reflect the spirit of bondage or the spirit of hopelessness in some capacity. What comes to me is the story of Legion, in which the man that had a legion of demons and he lived in the cemetery. Luke 8:27, As Jesus was climbing out of the boat, a man who was possessed by demons came out to meet him. For a long time he had been homeless and naked, living in a cemetery outside the town.
… living in a cemetery outside the town. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary states this on this portion, “Until the teaching and spirit of Jesus had suggested, even among men who had no faith in his Name, some thought and consideration for the helpless sufferers of humanity, neither hospital, nor home, nor asylum existed where these unhappy ones could find a refuge. In these gloomy tombs hollowed out of the rock on the mountain-side - polluted spots for the living, according to the Jewish ritual - these maniacs found the utter solitude they craved for.”
As usual toss out if not helpful!
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

YES! I just laughed so hard about you bringing up Mark Twain. I didn't write it, but the whole graveyard scene had me thinking about Tom Sawyer. That's where I got the period reference-1800s. Also the word 'gilded' is incredibly important here and I thought about gold gilding when I looked at the peacock, that's what it reminded me of. What's sticking out to me now about Keegan (friend) is the last picture I saw of her online. (We're not close, I just used to attend church with her mom back home.) In this photo, she was at a 1920's themed baby shower and was dressed like a 'flapper'. That 1920s reference also brings to mind 'gilding' because people were living extravagantly in conjunction with an extreme economic depression. Very vain, selfish connotations come to mind there too. I need to go back and read and pray about this one again. I recognize the hospital/beaten girls part as having to do with my 'calling' or whatever we would call that and there was warfare around that. Makes sense. I'm thinking this may be about needing to defeat a personal enemy or else possibly having it take me out of the game prematurely. Possibly :/. Just thinking. I'm gonna chew on it a little longer. Thank you for your help!!! As always, it fits perfectly and helps so much!
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I remembered later that I've dreamed of Keegan before. About a year ago or a little longer I dreamed of her and her hubby and when I shared it with them, it was really encouraging. Had to do with job stuff and a baby. So I'm definitely going to take this part here as a call to pray for her again. Dreamed of 'gilding' again last night, about to post. I don't know what's going on!! :? Just wanted to thank you again, I think you're right about praying for the friend here.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Watching Samson and Delilah and Delilah is dressed as a peacock!
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

AAGGHH!!! :shock:

I don't know what to do with this one I tell ya! I thought the peacock man in the dream was positive, he seemed to be a good guy. He was all folded up and limp, not showing his feathers. I really just saw the body of him. I was sad and so was the other woman who brought him to the gravesite. Later, after he WOKE UP, he talked about just needing to see his wife one more time and it seemed very loving to me. He was an honest peacock :/. He tried to explain who he was to the evil gravedigger, "My name is '....', I illustrate children's books (???? I thought about beautiful colors here) and I need to see my wife just one more time! I want to take her for a haircut before I go!" Totally weird dream. The grave digger guy walks up to the coffin lid very quietly and starts to hammer in another nail so the peacock could not escape. It was a little hammer and he did it softly but had an evil grin. He was enjoying all the death around there and savored getting to hear this guy die. His two assistants weren't sure about it and thought about letting him out of there at first. This was the part that reminded me of Tom Sawyer for some reason. There is a murder scene at a cemetery in that story. Similar but not the same. Mr. Peacock was buried along with 2 other war casualties at the same time. They were really dead and I'm not sure what type of creatures they were. I remember thinking Peacock guy was very talented and special, almost supernatural or just gifted, however I wouldn't say he represents Jesus here.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Ok my dream book says 1. vain glory (bringing attention to ones self) 2.pride 3. clothed in the glory of God.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Newbie wrote: In regards to the peacock, “The peacock is a very splendid bird; its colors are most rich and beautiful. The feathers of the tail are often more than a yard long, and when they are spread out in the sunlight, like a great fan, nothing can be more elegant. Yet with all its beauty I do not believe you could ever love a peacock, as you love a lamb or a dove. It seems selfish and vain, and there is nothing lovely about it-its voice is very harsh and disagreeable. There are some people who, like the peacock, are called handsome or beautiful, but whose hearts are not pure and lovely in the sight of God. "Beauty," in itself, "is vain;" but "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit is in the sight of God of great price (from Scripture Alphabet of Animals)”.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Now that's interesting since this peacock DID resurrect. I'm wondering if all this has to do with my son since I just realized a similar 'Africa' dream from last night was. I'm going to try that on for a while and see. Thanks for all the info guys! Really very interesting stuff! He is 17 and QUITE vain :/. Bella, one of the recent pics I posted of him on FB actually uses the word peacock. Can't believe I didn't think of that before now!! He was in the play 'Tom Sawyer' at school in May and played the judge that tries the guy from the cemetery scene. Boy, am I slow!! He recently got into a lot of trouble that shocked my socks off and I've been struggling over that all week, wondering and asking the Lord to grab hold of him soon or at least promise me he plans to. I bet these dreams speak to that. Thanks again for helping me work this all out!!!
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Why do you think he was a children's book illustrator?
"My name is '....', I illustrate children's books (???? I thought about beautiful colors here) and I need to see my wife just one more time! I want to take her for a haircut before I go!"
What name did he say?
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

I haven't the slightest except that I know he's meant to reach young people eventually. He's not 'artsy', but very good with children and rounding peers up to rally behind something. A few years ago his youth pastor had him stand up so he could use him as an example of something. He took off his jacket and put it on Trent and when he did that, I had a realization from the Lord that he wanted to use Trent in a similar manner. Jordan (youth pastor) knew it too and tossed me a look ;). Even now even though he's far from God, his summer job is for a minor league ball team being in charge of the kids games between innings. I love watching him interact with them. Fist pumping and such :). Cute. But this dream BOTHERS me! What of the part where he's left to die?? Maybe that's just the enemy's plan.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, what came to me in regards to the scene in which the peacock is alive but buried tells me that there is Light left in him; in other words do not give up. The grave digger guy walking up to the coffin lid very quietly and hammering in another nail so the peacock could not escape brings to mind that this represents torment.
I recall sometime last year, Sid Roth had Joan Hunter as a guest and there was a scene entailing her daughters that came to mind when reading your dream. Click the provided link and scroll to 12:46 on the timer, I hope this helps. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ5A6J5jFhM
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT! Another thought just occurred to me, perhaps your son’s feet are burning because he is on holy ground; hence the reason for his behavior. In recent correspondence with another believer, the believer stated that she had prayed over her home and 3 days later her daughter ran away from home.This believer did not initially understood why. After getting clarity over the situation, she discovered that her home was in essence holy ground and this ground burned her daughter’s feet (symbolically). Her daughter was being rebellious and rebellion is a form of witchcraft. I am wondering if this applies to your situation. Have you prayed over your home or your family?
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

OH YES. ;). And he is tormented, I can tell. It's hard to rebel when you know the truth. I've laid in his bed and prayed, walked his room, his closet, his vehicle. No doubts there. He got caught drinking last week with friends and what's amazing (because I NEVER suspected he was drinking) is that about week before he told me, I'd had a short dream where he just said,"Mom, I had a beer." In the dream I had tons of peace. So when he told me that exact thing a week later, I felt the same thing from the dream. Just peace. Now SINCE then I've wrestled with anger and wanting to yell and freak out, so this video of Joan really helped :). Thanks for posting!
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

TexasTransplant wrote:AAGGHH!!! :shock:

I don't know what to do with this one I tell ya! I thought the peacock man in the dream was positive, he seemed to be a good guy. He was all folded up and limp, not showing his feathers. I really just saw the body of him. I was sad and so was the other woman who brought him to the gravesite. Later, after he WOKE UP, he talked about just needing to see his wife one more time and it seemed very loving to me. He was an honest peacock :/. He tried to explain who he was to the evil gravedigger, "My name is '....', I illustrate children's books (???? I thought about beautiful colors here) and I need to see my wife just one more time! I want to take her for a haircut before I go!" Totally weird dream. The grave digger guy walks up to the coffin lid very quietly and starts to hammer in another nail so the peacock could not escape. It was a little hammer and he did it softly but had an evil grin. He was enjoying all the death around there and savored getting to hear this guy die. His two assistants weren't sure about it and thought about letting him out of there at first. This was the part that reminded me of Tom Sawyer for some reason. There is a murder scene at a cemetery in that story. Similar but not the same. Mr. Peacock was buried along with 2 other war casualties at the same time. They were really dead and I'm not sure what type of creatures they were. I remember thinking Peacock guy was very talented and special, almost supernatural or just gifted, however I wouldn't say he represents Jesus here.
Toss if need be--

Just something that seemed interesting how the peacock man after being laid to rest, wanted one more chance to give his wife a haircut (cut the glory off of what/who he was betrothed to).

It does very much seem a warfare dream, perhaps with a wider meaning?

The graveskeeper seems sadistic, torturous, the two assistants maybe masochistic in nature.

I wondered about the way some people view God the Father, as a punishing and unloving gravekeeper, (instead of acting in loving correction and mercy)they live in fear of Him (not reverence but fear that is not appropriate) and so they treat themselves the same way (the two assistants) because in the mind, not letting go of mistakes or sins that are laid to rest, they keep them alive by not forgiving themselves.

Anyways-- merely some thoughts.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.