Climbing a ladder

Archives for 2013
Kpmehmble43
Gold Member

Climbing a ladder

Post by Kpmehmble43 »

Good morning,
Please help me interpret.I think I know. I dream of a ladder. I see two people on the side assisting me to climb, but I do climb the ladder. They are standing one on each side. I reach all the way to the top, and see this what looks to be a cubby hole, reminds me of a ceiling...but it isn't . I see my body folded like a chair - or how we fold money. It was awkward...I had made it past the top of the ladder but my body folded one it hit a ceiling.
I love the Lord, He heard my cry.
Kpmehmble43
Gold Member

more to it

Post by Kpmehmble43 »

Here is something about the dream I remembered. Maybe you can help. I remember that instead of hitting the ceiling, I was in what looked like a box, more of a cubby or shelf and my body was folded at the very top of the ladder.

Hope this helps. Thanks
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

What were your thoughts and feelings during the dream?

Can you share who the two people are, and what they might symbolize or represent to you?
james garner
Bronze Member

Post by james garner »

You would fold something and put it away in the attic for storage until a latter time. I sense that you are coming into, or are already in a season of being put on a shelf so to speak for a season. The two helping you up the ladder I believe point to the unity of heaven and earth through Christ and His Church. In this time of waiting, you are to seek greater depths of intimacy with Jesus. This is preparation for the time when He will take you off the shelf and put you to work for Himself. When we are stored, it often feels like being forsaken. You weren't thrown away, just put away for a while. May the love of God compel you to press on in whatever you may face.
Hope this helps
James & Wendy Garner
Kpmehmble43
Gold Member

Post by Kpmehmble43 »

Mr. & Mrs. Garner, I don't know...I feel that maybe so. I guess I would have to seek the Lord. I felt very awkward in my dream. I am a minister and have been one for sometime. In my dream, I felt very uncomfortable and thought to myself, "how awkward I feel". Previously, about a couple of months ago, I dream of being on a ladder and the ledges (lack of word) broke. I hit the ground solidly. So I felt it strange that I would dream about another ladder. This time I went up it.
The two people helping I did not know them. I remember them leading me up the ladder...one on each side.
Thanks for the help.
I have been in a season of just intimacy with the Lord, as I recently had a great loss. My husband died and since that time I have experienced some lows...and it has been that I have found great comfort in the Lord.

Again, thank you.
Kpmehmble43
Gold Member

Post by Kpmehmble43 »

Just thought of something....could that mean "retirement"? On a shelf...
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know what that feels like. His increased grace and presence is an awesome thing to behold during deep heavy grief. Again, so sorry to hear of it.

I think there are two positives in this dream to hang onto, and one to work on. The 2 people helping seem to be heavenly helpers. The number two can represent companionship/partnership, as the disciples being sent out 2 by 2. These are on each side of you in a protective guidance type of stance. This will be pleasant and comforting for your spirit and mind to grasp, for this is a revelation of His very real assistance.

Your last description said that you had fallen from a ladder in a prior dream, so this dream also firmly points to you having made real progress since then.

When you get to the top you feel "awkward", this is pointing to some belief or feeling that is now a limiting aspect of your spiritual life and/or knowledge of God ("boxed in" & can't go upward anymore). Since none of us will reach the top until we have passed on to the spiritual realm, there is no "top" or stopping point as long as we occupy our earthly body....and maybe that box at the top means to you that you want to be as close to your husband and the Lord and "think" that you cannot overcome this particular difficult and limiting spot you find yourself in (grief), in order to continue the climb upward. Instead of crawling in a hole for a time to regroup, you have been boxed in.....it means the same thing.

You are folded in half, and in simple symbolic language, that indicates the need to "open up" and the boxed in part indicates the need to break out or to be freed from this symbolic place. This cubby, as you have put it, could also mean to you, a safer place to be stuck. He will help you do these things and transition, in the same way He has already been assisting you.

You will have so much more to share and teach when your healing is completed and your joy has returned.

You have my prayers,
Louise