Cashier Says, "1,111.11"

Archived Dreams from 2014
chrisy
Diamond Member

Cashier Says, "1,111.11"

Post by chrisy »

I am very, very puzzled and any input will be greatly appreciated. Last night (1/24/14), I had the following dream:

I am in line at the register. The cashier says - 1,111.11. I am shocked and knew that it was very strange... the people there also knew that it was a "strange" moment - we were all shocked. [N.B.: There were the cashier, a woman next to her and a man to the left of the woman. I didn't know if there were anyone behind me in the line.]

The woman next to the cashier made a step forward and said, "I am going to buy a lottery ticket."

The dream ended.

Any ideas?
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

A friend of mine called me yesterday, and mentioned seeing the number 11: 11. I did as well on my clock, and have been for more than a couple of times.

This is also a prophetic number, and we wondered if something wasn't going to 'happen'.

Does anyone else have any insights on the number 11:11?
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

1 = unity
6= man
1 x 6 times = unity of man perhaps
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

P.S. Special K if you do a search in the sharing board there is already discussion on your question.

That's one of those contentious issues and wouldn't want people starting a discussion on chrisy's dream thread about it because it will swamp her dream, and I don't feel it's at all related.
silentqueen
Gold Member

Post by silentqueen »

What I got today when I looked at this number was to write it out in word form

One thousand, one hundred eleven dollars and eleven cents.

10,100 and 1000 mean completeness or fullness....

So, if it's full at 1000, then are we seeing excess or overflow with the 111.11?

Or 1100 is full and 11.11 is excess?

Marla
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you can ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)

Thank you Lord for working things out for me!
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Thanks, Specialk, Bella and Silentqueen. Your response is greatly appreciated and so very useful because it got me on the right track!!!

The cashier said, "one, one, one..." therefore I think that the emphasis is on the "one".

Bella - thanks for pointing out that there were six "ones"... I noted that they were separated into a group of four and a group of two. I therefore think that the number is "one" and it is expressed within the context of "six", "four" and "two".

This is what I found:

THE NUMBER ONE
--------------------
One is Our God who is in the heavens and on earth.

The number one represents unity and completeness. The Hebrew representation for the number one is the Hebrew letter alef - א. What is an alef?

If it were only a random arrangement of pen strokes de­signed to prompt the reader to say the sound “ah,” this question would be irrelevant. However, every aspect of the alef’s construc­tion has been Divinely designed to teach us something. Contrast this with a child learning to read English for the first time. He is never taught why a capital “A” looks like a teepee and a small “a” looks like a soap bubble stuck to a wall.

But Hebrew is different. The design of an alef is actually made up of three different letters: the letter yud or dot above; a yud or dot below; and a diagonal vav, or line suspended in between.

The yud above represents HaShem, Who is above (or beyond) our comprehension. In com­parison to His true essence, our understanding is a mere dot.

The yud below represents a Yid or Yehudim, Jewish people who dwell here on earth. The only way that we can grasp HaShem’s wisdom, to the extent that a person is capable, is by being humble. When we realize that we are but a dot or a speck compared to the All-Mighty and All-Powerful G-d, we become a vessel to receive His Divine wisdom.

The diagonal vav represents a Jew’s faithfulness, which unites him with HaShem.

There is another teaching that posits that the suspended vav represents the Torah. Since the Torah is what unites a Jew and HaShem, the alef represents this unity between mankind and HaShem. This is the design, or form, of the alef.

We can see that every stroke of the alef (and every other let­ter as well) has a special purpose, and that there is much more to learning the alef-beit than just mastering its sounds.

The alef has three different meanings. One is אלוף, aluf, which means a master or a chief. The second is אולפנה, ulfana,a school of learning or teacher. The third meaning is reached by reading the letters of the word back­wards, פלא, pela (pronounced peleh), wondrous.

The Maharal indicates that one:

1. Conveys “completeness”. Since one is not divisible, it has no parts and is intrinsically whole.
2. One may imply “unique”.
3. One may be used to describe that something is “foremost”, to which all else is mere adjunct.

The Gemara teaches us that the alef is interpreted, by our Sages, as an injunction to study Torah.
THE NUMBER SIX (A total of six "ones")
=========================
To understand the number six, we need to understand the vav - ו, which is the Hebrew letter representing six. The sixth letter of the alef-beit is the vav. The vav is shaped like a hook. A hook is something that holds two things together. This property of the letter vav, in its Hebrew usage, is referred to as the vav of connection. It is normally translated as and which is used to hook words together.

The first vav of the Torah is found in:

Bereshit (Genesis) 1:1 In the beginning G-d created the heavens and [vav] the earth.

This vav, the first letter of the sixth word, serves to join spiritual and physical, heaven and the earth, in creation. This teaches us a very significant lesson regarding the meaning of six.

The connectivity of six and the vav is illustrated in the design of an alef - א. The alef is actually made up of three different letters: the letter yud - י above; a yud - י below; and a diagonal vav – ו, or line suspended in between. The upper yod represents the upper world and the lower yod represents the lower world. The vav connects these two worlds.

Six represents connection, exemplified by the angels in Yeshayahu’s vision, whose six wings enabled them to soar to unite and connect with HaShem:

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 6:1-3 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is HaShem of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Six also represents the six orders of the Mishna. Through learning Torah, one connects with HaShem. The six orders are:

Zeraim ("Seeds"), dealing with prayer and blessings, tithes and agricultural laws.
Moed ("Festival"), pertaining to the laws of the Sabbath and the Festivals.
Nashim ("Women"), concerning marriage and divorce, some forms of oaths and the laws of the nazirite.
Nezikin ("Damages"), dealing with civil and criminal law, the functioning of the courts and oaths.
Kodashim ("Holy things"), regarding sacrificial rites, the Temple, and the dietary laws.
Tohorot ("Purities"), pertaining to the laws of purity and impurity, including the impurity of the dead, the laws of ritual purity for the priests, the laws of "family purity" and others.

...Six and The House of David

Six is a number that is uniquely associated with the Jewish people, in the star of David (Magen David – The Shield of David), a six pointed star:

There seems to be an intimate connection between the number six and the house of David.

We do know that the number six represents the physical world. The Torah describes the creation of the universe as a six part, six day, process.

The Maharal indicates that six: Connotes being one in the sense of being whole and all encompassing, rather than being part of something else. The concept is illustrated by the six sides of an object (right, left, front, back, top, and bottom) that fully encompasses it.

Our sources describe the universe as emanating in six directions: north, south, east, west, up, down, from a central point. All physical space and all physical objects have these six dimensions. Six represents completion, because something that is surrounded on all six sides: north, south, east, west, above and below, is complete.

This teaches us that the number six befits the Jewish nation, which is one nation and one of many nations.

There were six cities of refuge:

Bamidbar (Numbers) 35:6 And the cities which ye shall give unto the Levites, they shall be the six cities of refuge, which ye shall give for the manslayer to flee thither; and beside them ye shall give forty and two cities.

Six In Time

Shavuot occurs on the sixth day of the month of Sivan. Chazal teach that the creation narrative alludes to Shavuot in the use of the wording: The sixth day. In the creation narrative, the days are delineated with specific terminology:

One day.
A second day.
A third day.
A fourth day.
A fifth day.
The Sixth day.
The seventh day.

Thus we see that during the six days of creation, the sixth day is different from the preceding five days. In is only on the sixth day that the Torah uses the definite article the. Rashi suggests that the use of this terminology is a remez, a hint to Shavuot which is the only festival to occur on the sixth day of the month.

THE NUMBER FOUR (Group of four "ones")
==========================
Four is the value of the Hebrew letter dalet: ד.

Dalet means door.

According to Chazal, our Sages, the number four signifies completion, wholeness, or fullness, as we shall see.

The Maharal indicates that four:

1.Indicates place because a “place” extends in the four directions. This is why we have expressions like, “the four corners of the earth”. We also indicate all directions by saying: North, East, West, and South. As it is spoken by the Prophet:

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 11:11-12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. 12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

2.The number four symbolizes diversity, as the four directions are independent of each other and have no part in common.

The number four is a number of separation, and represents dispersal in all four directions. We see scripture describing division and separation as:

Zechariah 2:10 ...for I have scattered you like the four directions of the heavens.

Four is the number representing exile, as we shall see shortly.

....The number four, more than any other digit, plays a significant part in the Passover celebration. The Haggada is replete with things that number four:

**There are the four sons,
1. four glasses of wine,
2. four questions.
3. Four mitzvot: Matza, maror, haggada, and four cups.
4. Three matzot which become four.

Pesach is preceded by four special Shabbats: Shabbat Shekalim, Shabbat Zakhor, Shabbat Parah, Shabbat HaChodesh.

The holiday itself even has four names: Chag HaPesach (the Festival of Passover), Chag HaMatzot (the Festival of Matza), Chag Ha’aviv (the Festival of Spring) and Z’man Cheiruteinu (the Time of our Freedom).

There are four categories of persons who must thank HaShem for deliverance from danger: sea voyagers, desert travelers, released prisoners and people who have recovered from sickness. The Gaon of Vilna indicates that the deliverance from Egypt symbolizes rescue from all these four hazards.

The Torah uses four expressions to describe our redemption from Egypt: HaShem said to the Jews in Egypt:

Shemot (Exodus) 6:6-7 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I [am] HaShem, and

1. I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and

2. I will rid you out of their bondage, and

3. I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: And

4. I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I [am] HaShem your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

At the Seder, we drink four cups of wine, we ask four questions, and we read about four sons. What is the significance of the number four ?

The Divrei Negidim (which is attributed to the Maharal of Prague) discusses the number four initially in the context of the four cups of wine. The four cups correspond to four expressions of redemption that HaShem uttered. The Divrei Negidim explains that the nation of Israel was subjugated threefold. Firstly, they were in exile, as strangers in a strange land. Secondly, not only were they in exile, but they were enslaved in exile. Lastly, not only were they enslaved, but they were tortured, physically and mentally. HaShem first told us that he would take us out from under the burdens which Egypt placed on us. HaShem then told us that we would be saved from the slavery. Finally, we were told that we would be redeemed. This would bring the nation to a point where they would not be persecuted slaves in exile. But what would they be? That is the point of the fourth expression, “And I will take them to Me as a nation”. The nation would now be a just that, a nation, with a purpose, with a common bond unifying the nation. We were taken out to be the nation of HaShem. This fourth expression brings us to a level of fullness and completion. The Jews were no longer just a large group of people. They were a true blue nation.

The number four signifies completion or fullness.

The number four signifies this completion, this fullness. The nation of Israel became full and complete upon the fulfillment of the fourth utterance of redemption, this fourth and final stage in their development.

THE NUMBER TWO (Group of two "ones")
==========================
Why did the Torah start with the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet and not the first? In his masterwork “The Wisdom in the Hebrew Alphabet”, Rabbi M. L. Munk explains that the Hebrew letter “BET” with its numerical value of two: Symbolizes our world, since everything earthly is embedded in plurality. All that was created for man’s use came in pairs:

The Torah – WRITTEN and ORAL;
The Commandments – ‘Mitzvot‘ – POSITIVE and NEGATIVE precepts;
The Intermediaries – MOSES and AARON;
The World – HEAVEN and Earth;
The Luminaries – SUN and MOON;
Human – MALE / ADAM and FEMALE / EVE;…
Two Tablets – BETWEEN MAN and GOD and BETWEEN MAN and his NEIGHBOR;…
Two Drives and Two Hearts – The EVIL Inclination and the GOOD Inclination;…
Two Worlds – THIS WORLD – ‘OLAM HAZEH’ and THE WORLD TO COME – ‘OLAM HABAH’

....The Maharal says that two:

1.Implies proliferation. No number so completely conveys proliferation as the number two, for it is the only number that has the plural ending. Hence, two implies bountifulness and blessing. Similarly, the higher orders of two, namely 20 and 200 also imply increase. These are the letters בכר Bechor, meaning the firstborn who gets a double portion, and the letters of ברך the root of ברכה berachah, meaning blessing.

...The concept of a blessing is to increase the lot of that being blessed. This is why, our Hakhamim teach, that the word baruch (bless) begins with the letter bet, which represents the number two, and the concept of increasing something. To be blessed is to have at least enough, and, to seek a blessing, is to seek more than one’s present lot in life.