Locker Room Dream

Archives for 2008
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Locker Room Dream

Post by Truth Seeker »

I was in a locker room with a lot of other people, I believe it was all men but for some reason it seemed like there was at least one female (not sure).

Out of everyone there I could only identify with one person there. He goes to my church and he participates in our mens ministry.

being in this locker room, it felt like I was preparing for football practice (don't remember seeing any football equipment)

Note: I grew up playing a lot of football and basketball and I prepared differently for each sport. My mental focus was more of an aggressive one then with basketball.

Back to the dream, it felt like I was getting ready for football practice but when the names were called to start only 5 names were called which in basketball 5 players per team are on the court at one time. My name was the second name called.

We began to pray, we were holding hands and for some odd reason I started ironing the only guy I could identify with in the dream sweat pants they were bright red and once I started ironing the pants a whole was burned in them. I felt bad about buring the whole. I kept looking at the sweet pants and another whole was in the pants that I didn't do.

end of dream.
Truth Seeker
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Truth Seeker,
You are in a stage of preparation and training in your life. You will witness God's grace during this time. Stay in prayer and form bonds with those around you. I believe God is going to make sure you get with the right people. You need to iron out the wrinkles in your gifting and not sweat the mistakes. Others have made the same mistakes you have. Press through in God's wisdom.

Disregard if it doesn't witness.

Blessings,
Sheep
John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Sheep,

I edited my first post some because after reading it over and over again most of it wasn't fitting for this forum.

I'm surely in a place of preparation and training in my life. It often feels like I'm not doing a very good job of preparing though.

I truely can do nothing without him.

The Lord has given some insight toward this dream so here's my current interp.

The locker room represents a place of change or transfermation.

The men represent a particular group men

The prayer represents these men being covered

The one person I recognize in the dream which is from the mens meeting I attend every week IRL, lets me know that this dream is releated to the men who attend these meetings every week.

I believe the iron burning a whole in the pants of this indivisual could be symbolic of 2 things.
1. my personal feelings toward this indivisual at times. To make a long story short IRL he makes me kinda mad sometime because he talks a lot at times when I think he should be quite. I keep these feeling to my self but I really should apologize to him.
2. the iron could be just God burning out of us what needs to be burned out

Finally, I believe the 5 names being called may be 5 brothers who attend these meeting getting ready to be elevated. My name was the second name called but don't remember hearing anybody elses name being called just new it was 5 names.

Sheep sorry to make this kinda long and drawn out.

Peace
Last edited by Truth Seeker on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truth Seeker
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

God bless you TruthSeeker and your family!

Thank you for sharing. I know how 3 kids can be. I have three too. One is 2months :)

They are definately a handful.

I pray that God would continue to breathe on His purposes for your life and would bring your calling about in His perfect timing.

Blessings!
Sheep
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Truth Seeker,

Just some thoughts.

After re-reading the information that you posted, the iron burning the hole could symbolize that person has been burned in the past (maybe for being talkative like you said) and has an openning for the enemy to attack that is not covered (hole in the armor). I would pray into this area for him, which should prevent you from burning him also.

Disregard if it doesn't witness.

Blessings,

Sheep
Mona
Platinum Member

Post by Mona »

Hi Truth Seeker:

Wow, I read your dream and was thinking what your dream is expressing is exaclty what my pastor where talking about today in marriage counseling.

The aggression can represent a personality type that is highly convicted. Meaning when you see and understand the truth you will not be moved from the truth. This is so awesome, but when operating in the flesh or physical sense when others come against those true convictions this aggressive personality type can become very defense. Possibly a jabber mouth is coming against your convictions to remain silent and you are feeling rather defensive towards him.

Football often represents a physical contact sport and part of the defense object of the game is to take other men down when trying to achieve the goal. The locker room is a place to change clothes and gear up for the appriopate sport and I believe the Lord is calling you to minister, but not in a defensive, tackling or physical approach, but a spiritual approach and suite up with your uniform or armor(, peace, truth, righteousness, faith, salvation and sword of the living word). Possibly the Lord is suggesting the basketball approach as it is not as defensive.

The thought about the ironing may represent ironing out his wrinkles. It looks as though someone's else was trying to iron out this issues. Possilby like you said he was approached in this past for the thing that you are talking about but possibly it burned and wounded him. I believe the Lord is showing you that though this individual is somewhat of a nuissance you need to approach this not in a defense or physical sense, but spiritual one.

Possilby you are being called to minister to this individual as you were being called, in fact your name was the second one called. So who was the first called?? Possibly the person who was called before you ministered to this person and is the individual who burned the first hole in the pants.

So I really believe you are being Called to minister to this individual, but with care and tact. I believe the Lord is showing you the result if you iron out this issue with defensiveness as it will burn him. I don't think you are meant to ignore the issue or apologize, but I believe you are called to bring light to the issue with care. So remember to turn down your iron settings to delicates!! :lol:

Love In Him'
Mona
Psalm 96:1
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Mona
Platinum Member

Post by Mona »

One last thought....

Possibly the Lord has called a team or is calling a team of men together as in five individuals. Possibly that is what it will take for the individual to finally recieve it as from the Lord. So possibly the Lord is calling together a group of men to discuss and pray about this issue. I believe you all may have a part in ministering to him. I believe if this is the case you may discover that one of the men have already ministered to him in the wrong approach.

I really feel like the Lord is leading you here and will be praying for you!!!!!!!

Love In Him
Mona
Psalm 96:1
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Sheep, thanks for taking the extra time to come back and help me gain some clarity.

I really do believe this person has been hurt; he hasn’t been at the last couple meetings. Deep down I think the root of what’s going on with him is greater then someone at the men’s meeting.

As I explain this situation, please receive it much care, because I am my brother’s keeper Amen.

I think this person may be in a major trial in his life and he’s powerless, hurt, and possibly ashamed and doesn’t want to ask for help. I haven’t talked to this person at any time so this is just what’s checking with my spirit right now.

I will personally pray for him, but after reading what your saying Sheep and what Mona said the situation that he’s going through may take the prayers of the entire group of men. The part about seeing all of us come together holding hands and praying could represent what we need to do.

The second hold that didn’t make which was somewhat like a tare could represent a whole for the enemy and we need to cover him in prayer.

Sheep thanks again for your wisdom
Truth Seeker
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Mona,

God Bless you, I must ask a question before I begin discussing what you said.
Not sure what your calling is but do you believe that your called to encourage motivate and edify?
Before I could even finish reading your post, I felt confirmation and edification.
I feel one step closer to finding out what I’m called to do, thanks.

A familiar light went off in my head when you said your pastor was just talking about this. You know those motion lights that are usually on the side or back of houses and when somebody gets close to them they go off, that’s what happened.

My wife alerts me a lot, she says that a lot of information that I convey to her she ends up hearing the same thing from our pastor\bishop and several other pastors at a later time.
I do feel that God has laid the responsibility on me to minister to this person. I don’t want to prolong it but want to be sure if God wants me to talk with him by myself or with the group. I really think it needs to be addressed in front of the group for a couple of reasons.

1, it will open the door for all of us as men to get it right with each other and all will know that we don’t necessarily have to something to a person to offend them but what festers in our hearts could do more damage.
You know, it’s real easy, just speaking for me to forget about putting on the necessary armor daily to fight this fight and walk this walk, thanks for the reminder.
The different styles of basketball and football does seem to be key in ministering, not just for this situation but in general because being aggressive isn’t going to help most of the time. We need to use that finesse that basketball promotes.
Mona, and Sheep both spoke about ironing out wrinkles, I think this may be one of those 2 edged swords; meaning not only may he need to iron out some things but me as well.
Sheep mentioned before I changed my post that the iron my represent me ironing out my gifting which could be true I am learning more about my self do to this dream, and all of you’ll responses.
You and Sheep basically said the dame them a couple of times. Sheep said in my own words that God is connecting me with a few men in which I can grow with (it’s my prayer that God ordains my relationships). Mona you said that maybe the number 5 represents 5 of us getting together and ministering to this brother.

Mona, your second post is really making me think some I’m going to soke all this in and present it to God Love you’ll Peace.
Truth Seeker