I left my front door open... (need help with this one)

Archived Dreams from 2014
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

I left my front door open... (need help with this one)

Post by VigilantSeeker »

I had a quick dream, and I feel it has important significance. My dream:

I was in my house and I saw a deer behind me. It was just standing there I turned around and it gently walked into the kitchen. I then saw two dogs come in. They were friendly. One was fancy, in a way. It was like a long haired dog (very tall poodle, maybe) that gets shaven (it was shaved) for a dog show. The dogs were whitish in color. The other was just a plain whitish dog. I thought how are these animals getting in my house. Then I realized that I had left the front door to the house open. I walked over to the door, looked out, there was nothing there, and I shut the door. I immediately woke up.

I would so appreciate any thoughts you have on this dream.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Any particular feeling in regards to the animals--ie did you welcome them or think they were a nuisance etc?
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
sigmon2
Diamond Member

hi

Post by sigmon2 »

I too wonder about the animals, to me the door was open to you. deer and dogs have meanings....but if spiritual in nature, did you let them in through an unattended door....sorry if this is goofy wording
scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

I was surprised and felt like the deer had always been there, but it was the two dogs that surprised me. They got in the house from the door being open. The first dog came in and went directly to a different room-- the kitchen. It was like a small white Labrador Retriever. The second dog was like a show dog. It looked like a tall poodle. I thought this dog (the show dog) seemed unusual. I wasn't sure what to think. I didn't have time to think about the first dog. I thought to myself, 'how are these animals getting into the house?' When I went to the door, it was open. I took the handle, looked outside (it was a quiet night and there were other houses around), and closed the door. I woke up promptly.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
sigmon2
Diamond Member

hi

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi, is it possible the dogs represent people. The poodle for a girl who likes looking good, and the lab for a boy who likes the kitchen.
I ask casue once before I dreamed of 2 people, kids that were pictured as dogs.
Just a thought.
Scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

Praise God! You are right!! The two dogs represent two people who have been estranged from my home and are now just returning. It is a very long story, but this is such a blessing. Let me ask you, does the fact that they're represented as 'dogs' mean anything specific? Also, what does the deer mean. Could the deer represent me? I say this because I felt it was always in the house. What does the symbol of a 'deer' mean?

Thank you so much. You're all such a blessing!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Deer usually represent timidity or seeking believers. Ref psalm 18:33, 42:1
VigilantSeeker
Platinum Member

Post by VigilantSeeker »

Bycollin, I think that would be perfect. I struggle with timidity. I don't like making people upset. I have a situation in my home where I want to speak up more about God. I tried doing that recently and it made two people really upset. I'm dealing with that. When I think about the deer, it was the legs that I mostly saw. It was if it was trying hard to stay standing. I've been praying about the situation and I believe the dream was trying to tell me something. Thank you so much for your thoughts. God bless you.