John Means...

Archived Dreams from 2014
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

John Means...

Post by TexasTransplant »

I need some insight into a quick dream I had last night that I'm positive carries a message for me. I have 5 month old twins right now that do not sleep much yet, so dreaming is RARE at the moment. This short dream definitely sticks out.

Dream:

I was walking around our church. I see my long-term prayer partner friend from another city, Judy, crouched down with her young son, Nathan, and baby daughter reading the bible in a little hallway somewhere amongst the nursery area of church. Others were there too but they're the only ones I recognize. I go up to them, we hug, and Nathan is holding the bible open. Judy points to the heading in the book of John..."JOHN". She says to me,"John means...to stand up, you sit down." I understood her to mean that was the meaning of the name 'John' but I don't know if that fact is important here or not.

Any thoughts?
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
freedinHim
Gold Member

Re-John means..

Post by freedinHim »

TexasTransplant,
What is occurring to me now is that in this dream, God is letting you know the deeper implication of 'having done all to stand, stand therefore'
To stand to you (Texas Transplant) means to sit down (rest) because you are His beloved, His favored one.
He is calling you into His Rest.
just some thoughts.
Yours
Freed In Him
iluvyahweh
Gold Member

Post by iluvyahweh »

John means "Yahweh is Gracious".

"To stand up, you sit down" reminds me of Father giving grace to the humble, and resisting the proud.

The kingdom is a topsy turvey Kingdom, not like world kingdoms - or even religious ones. In Father's Kingdom, the lower you go, the higher you go. Paradox. Everything in the Kingdom is paradox.

The more you sit (rest in the Father), the greater ability you'll have to stand against the enemy. Grace is really "Father's ability" to overcome all that you need to overcome in your life.

To me, the dream is also saying to become like a little child when you approach the word of God - even though you may be experienced in this - and understand the power of Father's grace in your life.

Peace
ILY
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Thank you both so much. Extremely spot on, helpful comments. Wish I had time to explain how it fits so well :). Thank you both for taking the time to share.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16