glass ceiling

Archived Dreams from 2015
Released
Platinum Member

glass ceiling

Post by Released »

Hi all,

I was in a house with a glass domed roof. It belonged to a man from church named Paul. It was a new house. (IRL he has having a new house built but nothing like this).
Outside it was night and it was very light in the house.
Through the glass roof I could see what I thought was a helicopter that was coming close to the roof. I was afraid it would smash the roof so I stood up and started shouting: you won't break that roof!
The thing was I realised I didnt use the name of Jesus whilst doing this when rebuking something evil.

I felt that Paul who was sat near me (there were some other people there too) was finding me very irritating, shouting at the roof.
I felt my motivation was to protect his house but he didnt see this.
when I first saw the helicopter it was purple but as the dream progressed the 'flying' thing seemed to get a lot smaller and became more blue. I realised it was very small and was a spaceship.
End

I was thinking if the blue/purple ship was possibly something from God as when I shouted at it I didnt use Jesus' name which i normally do in dreams.

Any thoughts? insight would be greatly appreciated. I have started to dream a lot more lately and sense God is trying to encourage/ help me through them.

Thank you
Released :)
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Re: glass ceiling

Post by underhiswing »

Released wrote:Hi all,

I was in a house with a glass domed roof. It belonged to a man from church named Paul. It was a new house. (IRL he has having a new house built but nothing like this).
Outside it was night and it was very light in the house.

(glass and light are positive symbols)

Through the glass roof I could see what I thought was a helicopter that was coming close to the roof. I was afraid it would smash the roof so I stood up and started shouting: you won't break that roof!

(helicopter is usually someone or some issue that is sticking around/hovering where they do not belong...not their business. There is concern that this activity will cause either exposure or interruption in spiritual matters)

The thing was I realized I didnt use the name of Jesus whilst doing this when rebuking something evil.

(Handling a threat "in the flesh" and/or in your own strength, instead of calling upon God to take care of this thing. Good to remember that it is His power, not our own. We do need to be reminded of this a different times in our walk)

I felt that Paul who was sat near me (there were some other people there too) was finding me very irritating, shouting at the roof.

(The Holy Spirit giving you an inner knowing that you have not done this correctly or do not have the right mind and heart set in this matter)

I felt my motivation was to protect his house but he didnt see this.

(Or, is it that he may have seen through what you thought was your motive, into your real inner thoughts. This again, I feel, is the Holy Spirit showing you an error in spirit, in order to correct it, not to condemn you.)

when I first saw the helicopter it was purple but as the dream progressed the 'flying' thing seemed to get a lot smaller and became more blue.

(purple can represent spiritual pride too. I think it turned blue and shrank, because you are learning from these experiences, and hence the healing color of blue. God does accomplish what He sets out to. This seems to be a purification lesson so that you may move forward and be trusted with more important or challenging issues that He wants you to be a part of.)

"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Are you dealing with any issues in your life e.g. at church (because Paul is from church and it could be a pun to do with St Paul) where you are being stopped from going where God wants you simply because you're a woman?

I ask because many yeas ago, I had a dream where I could see through a glass roof and my boss was the pilot in a helicopter. I was looking up through the glass ceiling watching him. IRL he would block anyone from going higher (except his own family). Not out of malice, but just because he was competitive in life.
Released
Platinum Member

Post by Released »

Hi Bella,

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to reply to your post first as it is a little more straightforward to answer you.

Yes, there are issues at church. I do feel other women in the church are being stopped from 'progressing'
in the things God has called them to.

Interesting things to ponder. Thank you

Hi underHiswing,

oh so much to think about, It is definitely to do with church. I have been struggling a lot with various issues to do with leadership structures.
I know that my emotions have been all over the place and I have 'disengaged' to a certain degree to enable me to get my heart attitude right. I have a sense God is calling me to look at the bigger picture, his picture instead of my own limited view of things.
What really stood out to me was 'it seems to be a purification lesson.'

I need to go over this a number of times and reflect on it.

Thank you
Released :D
rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Quick comment.

I too thought of the glass ceiling with regards to women being stopped progressing.

If it's about the church then no surprises there. The fact that it is glass means it's sort of invisible. Everyone pretends it's not there. The reference to Paul is interesting because some of his teachings are used to justify the glass ceiling itself. Although I'm quite sure his teachings have been grossly misunderstood.

Conversely the Holy Spirit can see through it. He hovers over, does He not? And will challenge it and change is uncomfortable. To the women too. So who's house is it really? Paul's or God's?

The religious spirits do get very irritated when women speak up.

God of course wants you to fly and to have no ceiling to stop you from doing so.

We are co- heirs with Christ, Romans 8 vs 16, 17 and look at Heidi Baker. :s49:

Just my thoughts, or maybe my dreams.

Love, rarara
Released
Platinum Member

Post by Released »

Thank you rarara,

The reference to Paul's teachings being used to justify the 'glass ceiling' is very interesting and also that people pretend that the glass ceiling isn't there.

I also feel that the glass ceiling might be in reference (in my case) to another aspect also, that it is being used to try and keep the Holy Spirit at a 'safe' distance, being glass it is easily broken this ceiling being made by man.

This is causing me a lot of sadness at church and the women thing too.

I am encouraged by your reminder that the Holy Spirit hovers and will challenge it. Its God's house. :D

Bless you
Released :)
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

The helicopter was something you were rebuking in this dream, though. It seems that it is a worldly spirit (flying=spirit and made by man/ machinery= worldly) This spirit is hovering over the church. The Lord reveals this to you, and it was a call for you to pray, not rebuke it in the manner you did.

It makes me wonder if you were called in a prophetic gifting. He teaches those called in the prophetic, that we are not always to share what we see...and to speak only when we are told by Him to speak.....rebuke, when He says to rebuke.. and to pray over all things. These are lessons we learn over and over again. We can mess things up, even when our intentions appear to ourselves as being/having the most holy of intentions.

Sometimes a spirit needs rebuking and sometimes it is just mirroring/reflecting a wound in the heart of someone, and will depart when that someone is gently led to a healing by the Lord through you or through someone you will prophetically see that needs to come to their aid.

The glass is providing protection and provides the ability to behold God and also provide protection from the earthly "elements" (rain, snow, bugs, heat, helicopters) Notice that you were afraid it would break it and come in....it doesn't really get inside the church according to the dream.

You observe several things, (mostly about yourself) and those things are really important for you to pray over and think about, as this is an instructional dream.
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Hi Released. Offering a different perspective here for your prayerful consideration..

I see the glass dome symbol as being twofold, a hedge of protection as well as providing a clear view of what is transpiring in the heavenlies. Prophetic vision. The helicopter represents Himself, His presence. Purple can symbolize royalty, authority, prosperity. Blue can represent revelation....Holy Spirit's presence....communion and a reminder that His Word does not return void. The helicopter got smaller and transformed from purple to blue as you observed. The revelation is yours, it is being given to you.

It appears to me your shouting in the dream is also twofold. With a single command, you are both rebuking the enemy/protecting the dome/hedge of protection *and* welcoming the revelation/clarity the glass dome affords. You sensed it annoyed Paul/the church. Because they do not *see* what you see. Himself has give you this insight. It's both an answer to your prayers and a call to prayer. He knows. He understands. He has heard you. Absolutely He is calling you to look at the bigger picture, to keep your eyes on Him alone and do not be discouraged. And yes, it's a lesson in purification for all.

Understand please, my wee offering is *in addition to* those you've received thus far. I believe if you will sift through each, winnow out the seeds, if you will, revelation will come. I have faith. As always, take everything to Him in prayer..

blessings on your head,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Released
Platinum Member

Post by Released »

Wow, Thank you all for you different insights.

Discerning I will do as you have suggested and go through all of these and 'winnow out the seeds.'

Thank you so much it is such an encouragement to me.

Bless you

rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Hi.

Just want to say that I probably got too focused on the glass ceiling thing with regards to women and my comment was, in light of symbols and dream language, more of my personal opinion. So sorry about that. :)

My intention was not to detract from the interp process. Sometimes I get a thought in my head and it kind of sticks with me.

Whoops!

Shalom,

rarara
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

All input helps.... no regrets. I am sure that what you spoke helped others and inspired thoughts in so many other ways. God puts "all" things to good use. I am glad you shared rarara.
rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Thanks Under His Wing. :D
Released
Platinum Member

Post by Released »

Hi rarara,

I also wanted to add that actually what you shared was helpful and relevant.

Thank you

rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Thanks Released, much appreciated. :D

rarara
rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Hi Released

Just discovered this...Danny Silk's new book, looking forward to reading it. :D