Breaking Ice

Archived Dreams from 2015
Barb11
Silver Member

Breaking Ice

Post by Barb11 »

I dreamed I was down on the lake our family used to live on – and it was spring breakup, and I was behind a point where I couldn’t be seen by the boats that were able to go on the open part of the lake, and I was on a piece of ice that was still attached to the jut-out there. I don’t know how I got there, but I was trying to break ice with my heel, and I sure didn’t want to fall in the water. I was breaking through - working so hard - and making slushy parts and breaking parts free. I thought if I could break this ice free from the jut-out then I could sort of push my way along the front and get back to the public dock area, where the people were on the other side. I saw a boat (white with wooden bow) zoom by around the bend, and I thought, “Ug – it would have seen me and would have picked me up if I could just get out from here.” So I was really trying to break ice, and it was really thick, like 2 or 3 feet thick. I was getting some broken, I don’t know why I hadn’t even noticed, but I looked up, and there was a stairway right there – beautiful long hardwood staircase – right up to the back door of this lodge or whatever it was. So I just ran along the edge of the jut-out, jumped up, and ran up the stairs, opened the doors, and I was in the warm lodge. It had been pretty cold out there. I looked, and there was a big room – conference-type room or dining room or something – and my mom was there and a couple of my kids. I walked up to my mom and started telling her how embarrassed I was. I didn’t realize there was a back door, and there I was out there trapped on this section of ice, freezing my butt off. I had a long dark (not black) heavy-fabric skirt on and was trying to brush some of the mud and dirt off the bottom that had accumulated while I had been working on trying to free that ice section. It brushed off without hardly any effort. I just flipped the skirt back and forth and wiped away the mud, gave it a bit of a shake, and it was clean.

I've been sitting on this dream for a week - praying, researching a bit, and I have a few thoughts about the speedboat and the happy generational feeling in the lodge, but I'm (literally - ha-ha) stuck on the jut-out!! I don't understand what that part actually is. It was just this tiny peninsula part that was not visible - and that is partly why the ice was still so thick there - not in the sun to melt it off quickly like other parts of the lake.

I'm also curious about the heavy skirt I was wearing - not skirting any issues that I know of. It gave me a feeling of something old fashioned - maybe I was old fashioned - but not in a bad way, I don't think. More like a skirt that a woman preacher might wear. I don't own a skirt like this, never have, not sure if I ever would!

I appreciate any thoughts on this!! Thanks!
firewater
Silver Member

Re: Breaking Ice

Post by firewater »

Some people are good at "breaking the ice" at parties- helping people be comfortable in social situations.

Maybe there is an easier "back-door" approach than how you have been trying to do this?
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

Thank you for your response. I don't think it's breaking the ice like in social settings. I actually had another ice/lake dream after posting this one. Again, it was spring thaw, a change of seasons, so I think that is the main message - the ice getting soft, melting. In this first dream, I was really trying to help it along, but as soon as I realized I could get off the ice and get up the stairs, I abandoned that cold work.

I'm also really curious as to what the long skirt might mean, if there are any thoughts on that.

Thank you again!
firewater
Silver Member

Post by firewater »

Your family used to live there. Maybe before salvation or a season of cold.

There's a contrast between the cold outside by yourself & the warm inside with family.

The wooden stairs were the link. Not immediately obvious. Reminded of the cross & angels ascending & descending on the Son of Man.

You didn't brush the skirt off outside. & you didn't change once inside. It seems the skirt was not keeping you warm enough outside & it became dirty outside but could be easily brushed off inside.

Could it be that you are trying to force or help a seasonal change that would happen anyway in the right timing.

Or it seems like you were stranded. The boat could speak of rescue, maybe not possible by human hands or ypur legs strength But the steps provided it.
Maybe a salvation picture there too. Dirt off skirt.
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

firewater wrote:Your family used to live there. Maybe before salvation or a season of cold.

There's a contrast between the cold outside by yourself & the warm inside with family.

The wooden stairs were the link. Not immediately obvious. Reminded of the cross & angels ascending & descending on the Son of Man.

You didn't brush the skirt off outside. & you didn't change once inside. It seems the skirt was not keeping you warm enough outside & it became dirty outside but could be easily brushed off inside.

Could it be that you are trying to force or help a seasonal change that would happen anyway in the right timing.

Or it seems like you were stranded. The boat could speak of rescue, maybe not possible by human hands or ypur legs strength But the steps provided it.
Maybe a salvation picture there too. Dirt off skirt.
Thank you for your response again, Firewater! There's a lot to think about there. I did think similarly about the wooden stairs and the cross- the lodge being a place of refuge. I'll keep praying into this. Thanks!
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom Barb! Just want to say that I am in no way trying to be offensive so if this offends, please forgive me and know that was not my intention!

As I read your post, a term I used to hear an old Pastor use came to mind: the frozen chosen. He is a Messianic Jew and I do know that when he first came to Pastor the church God had called him to, the scene went something like this: we have been here from the inception of the Church, the front row of seats belongs to us and our opinions should matter and on and on. When Pastor began drawing people of different ethnic backgrounds, it upset people to the point that many "first" members left the church.

I wonder if maybe this is significant of the type of mindset and attitudes the people God is calling you to might have? The idea of spring break also makes me think that in order for new life to come forth, the old must first go so there has to be a paradigm shift in our thinking since we can only produce what our heart is thinking.

This parable comes to mind:

Jesus Questioned About Fasting

Mk 2:18 Now John’s disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came and asked Jesus, “How is it that John’s disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?”

19 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them. 20But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and on that day they will fast.

21 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. Otherwise, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. 22 And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.”

Praying the Spirit of Truth will lead you into all Truth!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

keilani wrote:Shalom Barb! Just want to say that I am in no way trying to be offensive so if this offends, please forgive me and know that was not my intention!

As I read your post, a term I used to hear an old Pastor use came to mind: the frozen chosen. He is a Messianic Jew and I do know that when he first came to Pastor the church God had called him to, the scene went something like this: we have been here from the inception of the Church, the front row of seats belongs to us and our opinions should matter and on and on. When Pastor began drawing people of different ethnic backgrounds, it upset people to the point that many "first" members left the church.

I wonder if maybe this is significant of the type of mindset and attitudes the people God is calling you to might have? The idea of spring break also makes me think that in order for new life to come forth, the old must first go so there has to be a paradigm shift in our thinking since we can only produce what our heart is thinking.

This parable comes to mind:

Jesus Questioned About Fasting

Mk 2:18 Now John’s disciples and the Pharisees were fasting. Some people came and asked Jesus, “How is it that John’s disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees are fasting, but yours are not?”

19 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them. 20But the time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and on that day they will fast.

21 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. Otherwise, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse. 22 And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.”

Praying the Spirit of Truth will lead you into all Truth!
Hi Keilani,

I have thought the ice could represent old hard ideas within the church that perhaps had been set within my own heart. I am in a season of renewing my mind and have actually been throwing out old ideas that basically I grew up with in the church as deeper revelation is coming. It's interesting to me that after all that work, I saw the stairs and zoomed up them, able to abandon my task altogether!

Thank you for sharing with me!
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Yes definitely! That part about the stairs was a good thing.

I think the outward appearance of the skirt means you will look the same outwardly to your family (Church family included) but because of the inner renewal, you will be able to easily dust off old religious mindsets/thinking even if you are surrounded with folk who think that way.

Excited for you!!! And honestly, when we started renewing our minds and His revelations filled it, the word impossible faded away... :D

Blessings upon you sister!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Barb11 wrote: I have thought the ice could represent old hard ideas within the church that perhaps had been set within my own heart. I am in a season of renewing my mind and have actually been throwing out old ideas that basically I grew up with in the church as deeper revelation is coming. It's interesting to me that after all that work, I saw the stairs and zoomed up them, able to abandon my task altogether!
:like:

That's so encouraging. Love the sound of that :D
Barb11
Silver Member

Post by Barb11 »

:like: