A Bridesmaid in Someone's Wedding

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
jdarby2007
Gold Member

A Bridesmaid in Someone's Wedding

Post by jdarby2007 »

Hello and God Bless Everyone:

If anyone can help with this dream I appreciate it.

I dreamed I was a bridesmaid in someone's wedding. I don't know who the bride was, I didn't see where the wedding was taking place, I did not see any wedding decorations. Here is what I did see and hear.

I was talking to the bride of the wedding and she was not wearing her gown, but I believe she was in the preparation stages of her wedding because she was singing to me the song she would be walking down the aisle to, it was a beautiful song, I don't recall the words, but it was a beautiful song.

The scene changed, I was still at the wedding location, but I was standing with this extremely tall man and he was getting ready to go to the store and I wanted to go to the store with him, so I asked him "are you driving to the store?" The man answered and said "no, I'm walking to the store" then I said, "I cannot go with you because I will not make it back in time for the wedding."

Then, I saw myself in a distance dressed in bridesmaid attire. I had on this fuchsia color long dress with a matching hat. End of dream!

IRL, I'm already married and have been for many years.

Any thoughts, interpretation and/or meaning is greatly appreciated.

Bless you much!

Jdarby2007
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: A Bridesmaid in Someone's Wedding

Post by bjcollin »

Jdarby2007,

It almost sounds like you are standing in agreement with and you are ready to help the bride with her wedding that she is still just in the preparation stages for. To me the fuschia (hot pink?) dress speaks to passion/emotions/love so this speaks to an area that you are passionate about, so you are already prepared for what is to come in the future even though the bride is not yet prepared for it. The tall man to me speaks of the enemy and is a distraction that seeks to take you away from the bride, but since he wants you to walk with him which could make you miss your appointed time, you rightly refuse to do so and let him go on his own. So to me the tall man represents the enemy in the dream, and the bride represents the church who is the bride of Christ (ref 2 Cor 11:2, John 3:29, Rev 21:9). Reminds me of the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25:1-12.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

bjcollin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 am Jdarby2007,

It almost sounds like you are standing in agreement with and you are ready to help the bride with her wedding that she is still just in the preparation stages for. To me the fuschia (hot pink?) dress speaks to passion/emotions/love so this speaks to an area that you are passionate about, so you are already prepared for what is to come in the future even though the bride is not yet prepared for it. The tall man to me speaks of the enemy and is a distraction that seeks to take you away from the bride, but since he wants you to walk with him which could make you miss your appointed time, you rightly refuse to do so and let him go on his own. So to me the tall man represents the enemy in the dream, and the bride represents the church who is the bride of Christ (ref 2 Cor 11:2, John 3:29, Rev 21:9). Reminds me of the parable of the 10 virgins in Matthew 25:1-12.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
Hello bjcollin:

Thank you for your response to this dream and providing scripture references which is very important to me, for I know this is not a flesh dream, but from the Lord. I understand what this dream means now and I'm so thankful to the Lord for confirmation, direction and guidance, and for giving His people spiritual vision, revelation and understanding of His Word.

Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you, I will not get personal here because no one personally knows me on this board, but God knows me and with some of the interpretations and insights I have received from folks on this board through the years, lets me know that God has visited me with dreams in the night and I have been edified and built up in my faith by people who I have never met. May the Lord bless you Mr. Collin, appreciate you and others who have helped me on my journey with the Lord.

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

Graciously submitted,
Jdarby2007
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hi jdarby...I just love the following...shivers...

jdarby2007 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 pm I believe she was in the preparation stages of her wedding because she was singing to me the song she would be walking down the aisle to, it was a beautiful song, I don't recall the words, but it was a beautiful song.
The New Song of the bride...

Are you involved in worship ministry?

Shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Hi Charlie:

Thanks for responding, and yes I am a praise and worship leader and gospel vocalist.

I thought about that perspective as well. Hmm!

Have a wonderful day and God bless you!

Jdarby2007
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

jdarby2007 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:21 pm
Thanks for responding, and yes I am a praise and worship leader and gospel vocalist.

Jdarby2007
That is no surprise! :D I wonder how you felt in the dream when you were with the tall man? I also wonder what you felt about the pink fuschia dress? How you felt is also important to record.

My sense is that you have a specific calling to your ministry in praise and worship and that you are in a key time of transition and preparation for a new release of God-given inspiration...If you have never written lyrics yourself before it may be time to step up and begin to write down the Song that will be released to the Body of Christ in this season...you have a role to play. It may be that in your leadership capacity you need to press in to what God is asking of you to help the Bride (Church) prepare in this season...this may be at a local/national/global level. There may be distractions from your rational, thinking, business head (the tall man) but you need to fully clothe yourself and inhabit your feminine instincts (your fuschia dress) so that you are where you need to be. You are not alone...there are others who are called alongside you to birth the New Song and the provision will be made in God's time and in God's way. Bless you for your humble and obedient heart.

As an aside, my sense is that the time of merchandised worship is coming to an end...it does not befit the Song of the Bride...the Lord is raising up those who trust a new way of provision and turn away from the 'store' model...there is a refining at hand...

As I say, this is my sense...please weigh and ditch what does not resonate.

Shalom!
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

God bless you Charlie, sorry I've been away for a while. Yes much of what you said does resonates and I used to write songs years ago, perhaps I need to start writing again, my songs are based on biblical truth about redemption, the cross, the blood, etc.

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it!

Have a wonderful day!

Jdarby2007