Sitting in a garage

Questions about dreams and symbols
bella
Diamond Member

Sitting in a garage

Post by bella »

What might the symbol of someone sitting inside a garage, where things are stacked/stored mean?

My old friend had a chair and maybe a small table set up on the side of the garage where we store things and also have shelving most of the way. She was sitting in a small section between shelving and seemed content to sit there and work away at whatever they were doing.

She was my old prayer partner. I came down and was standing near the open garage door, doing something. Then I had a bit of a revelation and turned to her and said "hey, I just realised why we went through back then, what we went through. It was preparation for now [what we were experiencing in the pandemic]".
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Sitting in a garage

Post by bjcollin »

Bella,

Sorry I didn't get to this post over the weekend, we were traveling out of town preaching this past weekend. I did want to get to the question on the symbology of a garage.

Garages are a bit difficult as a dream symbol as they have a couple of different uses and they are very subjective as to how the person having the dream views their usages. The two main symbolic uses I have seen for garage over the years is either the place where you park your car or the place of storage. We park our cars in a garage for protection and to keep them safe for later usage. We also fix or work on our cars in our garages.

In your dream, it seems to represent both symbol usages for garage in a way. The main statement of the dream is said by your prayer partner... Those past prayers during your prayer times were preparing you for the issues in life that you are facing today. So these things that you have stored aka those past prayers have been used to fix up your current ability to move in the Lord today.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Sitting in a garage

Post by bella »

:s0: