John Paul and Laurel

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

John Paul and Laurel

Post by PastorJKG »

I was standing in a room with John Paul Jackson. He was looking out the window. It was like a wall of windows to the outside and he was looking out the one in the middle. He had a bottle of laurel scented air. A little glass bottle that he collected himself. I assumed it was intended to cleanse his olfactory pallet so to speak. I heard the word "watchaman" It was pronounced like one word and I didn't realize till waking what it really was because of the weird way it was said. So Laurel stood out and I know its an aromatic. Not sure how it applies.

Second scene. I was in a room full (5 or 6 maybe) of women like a t a rest home or hospital. One of them seemed really agitated as to where the nurse was.

I have some ideas but share whatever you sense. Thanks in advance.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: John Paul and Laurel

Post by bjcollin »

PastorJKG,

I miss JPJ, God Bless him there in Heaven. JT does a good job at Streams, and I think JPJ would be proud of him as a spiritual son with the directions he has taken the ministry under God's direction these past few years.

Whenever I see JPJ in a dream he represents a prophet or the prophetic. Looking out a window represents seeing/watching or seers gifting, and the middle window of a wall full of windows to me would be significant being not the left window and not the right window, but the center/middle window indicating accuracy of vision is right on and also goes with watchman which has a big field of vision seeing everything coming from their positions on the walls. I love our Laurel's here in Texas (smells like sweet grape soda in the air every spring) and in my neighborhood (Laurel Mountain Ranch) here in San Antonio they usually bloom late February or early March. In the DFW area where JPJ was from they bloom about a month later in late March or April timeframe. Smelling usually has to do with discernment, so smelling or discerning the "fruit" to me is what helps keep the vision in line with God's Word and how we properly apply Godly judgments on what we are seeing or what we accept from others that they are seeing.

https://www.wildflower.org/plants/resul ... lant=sose3

PS: If you would like, PM me your physical snail mail address, and when our laurels bloom in a few weeks from now I will mail you a sample so you can get the smell.

On the second scene, I think the dream would indicate something like It is good to have watchmen and intercessors supporting you, but apply discernment to what direction you get from these 5 or 6 women, as their vision is affected by their own life circumstances such as being injured or wounded. Always best to seek God directly and let Him show you and direct you.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

Awesome interp. brother. I hadn't thought of Laurel possibly speaking of a certain time frame. That is greatly encouraging.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

I used to listen to Him and a guy who used to work with him. Jim Driscoll. I always felt i received impartations of understanding from their teachings. I haven't heard anything from Jim in a while but i still have some cd's of his stuff. He had several prophetic people working with him back in the day. John Thomas is about the only one putting anything out now it seems. Sad, because that wasn't what He envisioned. He wanted to equip the body of Christ, not just a ministry.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

PastorJKG,

More thoughts on symbology... Another meaning on laurel I thought of could be from it's Definition of rest/sit on one's laurels - to be satisfied with past success and do nothing to achieve further success. so it might be a play on words, but I think the smell of the laurel was more important in the dream. The laurel meaning success comes from the laurel wreath given to the victors as a crown in the Greek/Roman Olympic games.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown (victors crown of laurel) of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

I thought of this. Maybe the Lord is telling me to remain faithful through the temptation to give up on my present assignment. I know the potential for God to be glorified is great but just not sure I have the spiritual or emotional stamina for the challenge. I keep reminding myself that God wouldn't ask it of me and not give me the strength to do it. My greatest struggle is in the fact that I have thought God was speaking before only to be mistaken. The thought keeps coming to me, "what if I missed Him again?" Not trying to whine, just being transparent.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

God Bless you pastor, stay strong and persevere! Yes James 1:12 the stephanos and the victors crown in 2 Timothy 2:5 are good usages of the laurel. The smell of victory I like it. Also in James, verses 4:7-8, resist the enemy and he will flee, press into God so He will draw near to you. I hear you, the temptation is great, we are going through the same thing at our present church right now as well. We are encountering so much resistance from the enemy working through a couple of people (one religious spirit and one jezebel spirit) right now that it makes me wonder if it is worth it to continue to fight here or to move onto the next assignment and just let it be sometimes. I do feel that we are so close to breakthrough that the enemy wants to stop God from moving, so we need to press in to see the victory. The senior pastor recently had a dream of moving furniture and my wife recently had a dream of packing suitcases, so maybe God is preparing us to move on to the next place in ministry either physically or spiritually. The Lord has been showing me lately that I am stubborn and like to fight and win possibly more than I like to hear His voice and obey Him, so He is growing my relationship with Him to be more dependent on Him to fight for me.

So following this idea then, the message of the dream would be to keep to His vision, and keep it in the middle and do not move to the right or the left, and you will smell the victory.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sorry, the groundhog spoke last month and his 6 more weeks of winter prediction is holding for Texas... Our Laurels have not bloomed yet this year. I will be watching for them to send you a sample once they do bloom. Cheers.