Where is my wedding dress

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
lynadvs
Silver Member

Where is my wedding dress

Post by lynadvs »

I dreamed that my sister (who is already married) was trying on wedding dresses. As she was trying on dresses and twirling in front of the mirror, I was waiting for my wedding dress. I somehow knew that my brother-in-law was supposed to pick out and bring my dress to me. I remember wondering if I could trust him to pick out my dress.
Chrisy489
Bronze Member

Re: Where is my wedding dress

Post by Chrisy489 »

This is an interesting dream that prompts a few questions... Why was your married sister trying on wedding dresses while you - the unmarried one - was waiting for your own? Why was your brother-in-law (BIL) choosing and bringing a wedding dress for you? Why were you relying on your sister's husband and not on your "Father"?

Your sister is your BIL's # 1 priority therefore he will tend to her first and get back to you "whenever". It should be noted that in the ancient Hebrew marriages, the "Father" was the one who had control of the marriage/wedding between His son and the bride. The dream is telling you that you are looking to the wrong source for what you need/want. You are seeking from another what only the Lord can truly provide.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Re: Where is my wedding dress

Post by PastorJKG »

The idea of Brother in-law stands out to me. Perhaps there is some element of law, legalism still at play that needs to be overcome with grace. We can't be ready for the marriage supper of the Lamb through any works of our own, but the Holy Spirit fits us for the Bridegroom. For your prayerful consideration.