Prophetic Acts

Questions about dreams and symbols
bjcollin
Site Owner

Prophetic Acts

Post by bjcollin »

Hey guys,

I am researching something for my Sunday school class this coming Sunday 5/1/2022, the topic is Jeremiah 32 where Jeremiah is tasked by the Lord to buy a field in his home town as a prophetic act even though it is 586 BCE and he has already prophesied that Judah/Jerusalem is about to fall to the Babylonians.

Definition:
Prophetic Act - Actions and/or objects intentionally employed by the prophets so that message content was communicated through them to the audience; Something done at God's direction in the natural/physical realm that supports God's working in the spiritual realm, to bring forth results that would be manifested in the natural realm.

Research Question: What types of prophetic acts or actions has the Lord directed you to do in the past or recently?

Thank you.

In Christ,
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Re: Prophetic Acts

Post by PastorJKG »

I sure hope He never asks me to lie on my side for 390 days and then the other side for another 40, lol
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Pastor JKG,

I totally agree. You're hilarious! Lately with me it has been collecting fishing hooks, but it goes in line with our conference men's group Fishers of Men.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

He directed me to buy a leather wallet to carry travel docs.