Car wreck dream

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
bjcollin
Site Owner

Car wreck dream

Post by bjcollin »

I dreamed I was with my wife and son in a car, I was driving, and we were somewhere in a big city which looked a lot like Dallas, and we were heading to a ministry event of some kind. The car was an old late 1970s or early 1980s type of car, I thought it was either blue or red. I was driving down the highway and there was a semi truck that started to weave off the road and almost hit us, but then he missed us at the last second. a few seconds later in the dream the semi truck had an accident right in front of us with another car or two and there were parts flying everywhere. I tried to stop the car, but we were in a skid. I said oh God please protect us. I swerved the car through the skid and thought I had missed the accident totally, so we kept going forward down the road. Then when we were a little farther down the road, our car started acting as if it had mechanical problems, it became hard to steer and hard to break. I ended up pulling off the highway onto a side road, just to be safe, and all of a sudden I could not stop or steer the car and we ended up going off the road into a grassy park type of area where we almost crashed and we finally came to a stop into a grassy embankment. After we got out of the car I could see that it was red and it was missing both a front bumper and a back bumper , and when I opened the hood of the car it had all sorts of mechanical problems inside of the car which is probably why it wasn’t working properly. I started to get out my cell phone and starting to call the insurance tow company. My wife asked what was gonna happen to the car, and I told her it would be totaled and we don’t need that old car anymore. End of Dream
HisBlood
Site Owner

Re: Car wreck dream

Post by HisBlood »

The only thing that comes to mind so far is 2 Cor. 5:17 - Old things are passed away, BEHOLD ALL things
are become new!!

TPT - All that is related to the old order has vanished, BEHOLD, everything is fresh and new!

Blessings
We overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimony.....
Be Transformed......
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

This may not be the case for you, but in my dreams, cars usually represent my career. They can mean ministry as well. But God has shown me my ministry is my career.

Knowing your background the car could be either.

But, I also thought of politics just because of the colours.

Can you identify if your career or your ministry is somehow connected to a period from the late 70s or 80s?

It reminded me of a dream I had with two cameras that I had to choose between. One camera looked modern but when I looked inside it, it had a cassette playing from the 1980s. Each camera represented a church. I was trying to decide between the two - which one I should attend. The new looking camera/church had a new pastor, and people were excited because they thought he would. bring something fresh, but. really the 'tapes' playing were just the same tapes 'teachings, beliefs' that that church was teaching in the 1980s.

A bit off track, but if your car represents ministry, I'd say this is a warning dream that anything that's a hangover from the 80s is going to come to an end.

Could be way off here, but worth a thought.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Bella,

Interesting thoughts. I was all of 10 in the late 70s, and the early 80s was a great time in middle school and high school! I got saved at age 15 in 1983, but it wasn't until college in the late 80s that I got baptized and committed my life to ministry. Same to be said for job, I started out as an intern in the late 80s and went into defense contracting in the early 90s. So to push your thoughts forward, I thought along the same lines on the car in the dream, it most likely means that the old fashioned ways of doing things in ministry are changing and coming to an end soon. That's what Carolyn was getting at with the 2 Cor 5:17 verse. I hate to say it this way, but it is what it is, and this is fine by me, which is the exact same type of feeling I had in the dream I had at the end when I was telling my wife the car was totaled and we just needed to call the insurance towing company service to come and take it away. It was a joy feeling of saying the old is done and going away with no sadness in the loss. I have been thinking on the city of Dallas in the dream which is where we were at for 14 years in Plano when I was in Ministry School at CFNI and in many of the ministries and churches we served in while learning and finding our place that God wanted us at in ministry. Plus, we were traveling to a ministry event in the dream, so that is why I took the car in the dream more in line with ministry than in the job place. Do I minister at the job, yes and it is the place God has me at to provide, but I feel that the call to ministry is across all parts of our lives job/school/church/community.

As you pointed out Car's symbolic in dreams don't always point to ministries, the can point to jobs or to other things in your life. The car is a mode of transportation, so it points to whatever is driving you forward in your life.

in Christ,
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

All fits doesn't it. Also while I was reading I realised it won't be about your job and is more likely about your ministry because your wife was with you.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Hey bj, drawn back to this dream this am. Often God will speak to me in song snipppets, quotes from movies I enjoy and puns. As I was rereading your dream, I heard, "brakes brake for a reason" and honestly, my overall feel of this dream was good. Naturally, feeling out of control (unable to brake/control the car) is a frightening thing. But I understand it to mean that when you feel you've lost control, that is the moment you will realize He was in control the whole time and He was using things to direct you to the place He intended all along.

Timing and the element of time spoke loudly to me, from the near miss with the semi down to the date and time you posted the dream. 4. 2. 2022 (4 2s) at 2:05 (another 2 brings you to 5). Can't recall if that ever stuck out when reading a dream here before but along w everything else, it's like He's saying you can rest (grassy park-like embankment) as you go about your daily life.
You never have to be concerned about missing His Timing because your times are in His Hands
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Yes brakes are good things in vehicles and they are there for a good reason. It has been 2 weeks now since my wife and I put on the proverbial brakes and we stepped down as associate pastors at the A/G church where we had been serving at for the past 5 years. We have been resting and studying and praying these last 2 weeks. We are planning to start with Friday evening praise and worship and Bible study in our home, and then in the future start to move toward opening a church once we find an appropriate property. We also want to take in some different types of prophetic meetings going on in our area as well. For example: Bishop Bill Hamon is coming to San Antonio in July https://christianinternational.com/city-tours ; and John Thomas and Streams Ministries is teaching the Art of Hearing God class in Kerrville in September https://streamsministries.com/events/ar ... kerrville/ It was way more common when we lived in DFW area to run across these types of ministries all the time, but here in San Antonio it is very rare and it is like living in the desert spiritually so it is good to see these types of ministries visiting our city.

in Christ,
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

That's exciting bj! I'm looking forward to seeing all He has in store for you both come to pass :s0:
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Wow BJ,
Big changes for you and your wife!
This is such a common theme for so
many! Home study!

It will be great to see where HE takes
you and what HE does next!

The Word and Worship our focus!
Fire, Fire 🔥
Be Transformed......
HisBlood
Site Owner

Post by HisBlood »

Awesome insight Keilani!!!
Be Transformed......