vision

Dreams and visions to be interpreted
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

vision

Post by PastorJKG »

A couple of weeks ago I saw a vision. I saw a pear shaped mound of earth. I have no idea what that could be. I then saw a Rubrics cube that was solved with the red and yellow sides showing. I'm thinking heavenly solutions to puzzling things? Any insight would be appreciated. New Testament revelation isn't meant to be received and understood by an individual exclusively. I fully believe it is meant to be shared with, prayed over, and weighed and vetted by the entire body of Christ to have it's greatest effect for guidance and transformation. Thanks in advance.
keilani
Site Moderator

Re: vision

Post by keilani »

Wow, really interesting vision! Seems like you're on the right track. A few ideas that came to mind: pear and pair--you saw the red and yellow. Mound of earth makes me think of man since Adam was formed from dust (ground). The fact that the ground was pear shaped reminds me of God's purpose in creating man, specifically the command to be fruitful (Gen 1:28). Maybe pair could be speaking of Adam and Eve or the union of man and woman. Was there something you've been pondering that this might be an answer to?

May He give you understanding.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

Could be. Thanks
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Neat vision. Very puzzling. lol sorry I couldn't resist being punny on that one. :lol:

What were you praying about or seeking God on when the vision occurred? What are you seeking to uncover the buried truth on?

For colors, Red can represent wisdom, and yellow can represent mind.

What exactly did you mean by this?
New Testament revelation isn't meant to be received and understood by an individual exclusively. I fully believe it is meant to be shared with, prayed over, and weighed and vetted by the entire body of Christ to have it's greatest effect for guidance and transformation.
I definitely agree with the "exclusively" part of this. There is no one person who is exclusively meant to receive and understand the revelation for another. That is where some parts of the church have traditionally gotten in trouble over the years. Also this is how many false churches have risen as well. A few years back I had the blessing of helping this one young man to escape from a cult church he was involved in where everything had to pass through the prophet leader of the church before any decision could be made in any area of life. It was a very controlling situation at best, and in his situation everything had to be shared and vetted by the church and especially the prophet.

I kind of believe in the direction in that... Each individual spirit filled Christian can receive and understand revelation themselves through the Holy Spirit. As Peter points out in Acts 2 referencing Joel 2, the Holy Spirit has been poured out on all mankind men/women old/young with dreams and visions and prophesy gifts. I see many verses in Acts that show the apostles receiving revelation and then acting on it in an individual personal nature following after God's messages to them. There were also a few instances where the revelation needed to share collectively with the church i.e. before long missionary journeys etc (ref Acts 13) or the belt prophecy in Acts 21. I also see the apostles "puzzling" it out and working out the revelation that they received between them and God (ref Acts 11) like where Peter had to puzzle out the sheet and the unclean animals vision which wasn't in his Jewish nature to understand that vision as the Holy Spirit had presented it to him.

There is value to sharing revelation to be prayed over by the church. I just feel that we need to be careful in how we go about this.

I always like Proverbs 25:2 "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings." God is always speaking with us as individuals, and it is us searching Him out and working out His puzzles that are concealed which builds our relationship with Him.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

I believe the whole church is meant to steward the prophetic. I feel called to do something to help the church regain it's sight and hearing by reopening the wells of prophetic revelation that have been sealed through religious strongholds. In my particular movement the church of God Cleveland TN we have many gifted ministers who operate powerfully in the word of knowledge but they are not as open to seer type stuff or dream interps. They believe you either have it or you don't. They aren't open to growing in the prophetic and they aproach the prophetic from an OT perspective. If you miss something or miss interpret something they want to label you a false prophet and stone you. Not real sure why I said all that in the original post. It isn't important or connected to the dream. It was just in my mind I guess.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I hear ya, dig them wells open!!!. In my particular movement IPHC we seem to face a similar delima where messages in tongues with accompanying interpretation or an occasional prophecy word will show up, but it seems to be rare. Every now and then a word of knowledge or healing. Dreamers, Seers and office prophets are even more rare. Don't even mention Apostles or the Apostolic yet.

In a broad view... The turn of the last century revival Topeka KS and Azusa street CA dug up tongues and baptism of the Holy Spirit, mid century dug up the healing revivals and then the evangelists. What will this new century revival bring? I feel like you that prophecy/prophetic needs to be dug up and brought back into the mainstream churches. We have already seen some great prophets/prophetic strides these last few years with KC IHOP and Streams etc, and it is becoming more widespread these last few years. Unfortunately much of the mainstream church is still viewing it with distrust or viewing it as radical fringe. This needs to change.