Been a While, but I'm getting breakthrough

Archives for 2008
Woahskigner
Silver Member

Been a While, but I'm getting breakthrough

Post by Woahskigner »

It has been a long time since I posted a dream and I happened to stumble across the site again today.

I recently had a dream that is very interesting to me, and more recently I have dreams that are dealing with the same thing, but I cannot find the will to trust and handle the issues, I don't know why exactly I am posting, but maybe you guys will get something or you can pray for me?

Anyways, here goes.

In my dream there was a huge cage behind me... inside this cage was a ferocious lion. I was terrified of the lion and I kept it locked up. I felt safe as long as this thing was in its cage. In the midst of the dream I became distracted and I forgot to lock this thing back in its cage. I realized that it would probably tear me apart so I started running. The lion chased me and the last thing I remember in the dream was cringing in terror as the lion wrapped His paws around me...

Second dream... I was back in Jamaica, over a series of several occurrences I was trying to kill my cousin (he molested me during this age of my life) because if I didn't kill him he was going to kill me. I wanted to be left alone, but he kept pushing my button. I remember seeing some kinda blue cube that would blow up. Anyways, I kept waking up (in real life) and going back to sleep and having a similar dream. My mother was in these dreams as well, I was trying to protect her because I felt she was too weak to fight against something like this.

Now I know the first dream, the Lion is the Father. I have never met my father so I am afraid of the Father's love. If, in fact, He really does love me (which I know he does in my mind, but my heart is unwilling to allow the emotions to be touched). The second dream is obviously about forgiveness, and I don't even know where to begin with this one. My biggest issue surrounding all of this is simply that I want to be able to get through it. I am willing (in my mind) to face these things with God, because I have learned in an increasing manner, the father's affections towards me and the fact that he isn't willing to give up. But I just don't know how to sit down and actively face this place. Maybe I am impatient, but I don't want to harden up in avoidance. I want to deal with it and move through this stage of my walk.

Any suggestions on how to allow my emotions through would be greatly appreciated.

Blessings,
-Adam
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Glad to have you back on the board. Sounds like you have been going through a lot in your walk lately. Praise God he's still working on you, God works with those he loves. I know forgiveness is hard sometimes, especially when the wounds are deep and go back many years. The Biblical mandate is that we forgive no matter what, it is not an option it is a command. I like what Matthew's version of the Lords Prayer has to say on it best.

Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. For if you forgive others when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. - Matthew 6:12,14-15

Pretty point blank to me and doesn't leave much wiggle room. Another good passage on forgiveness is the parable of the unmerciful servant in Matthew 18:21-35. Even Jesus at the Cross said Father forgive them because they know not what they are doing. Forgiveness is a key teaching in the Bible we need to be forgiving because God forgave us of our sin against him which are crimes deserving the death penalty.

Father, I pray right now for the strength of the Holy Spirit the great comforter to be granted to brother Adam in Christ right now. Help show him your Great love in that while we were yet sinners, you showed your love for us and sent your son to die for us. I pray for him to be strengthened in the choices he needs to make. in the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

in Christ,