food

Insights & revelation from members' dreams
discerning
Site Admin

food

Post by discerning »

FRUIT

Apple — Sweetness
Apple Tree — of that which refreshes (SS 2:3,a,b)
Shade — Spiritual Rest (under apple tree) (SS 2:3c)

Like an apple tree among the
trees of the woods,
So is my beloved among the sons.
I sat down in his shade with great delight,
And his fruit was sweet to my taste.
- SS 2:13

Pomegranates
Broken — Fruit [when broken] is red, yet very sweet

Her(His) ministry is sweet to God.

Your plants are an orchard of pomegranates
With pleasant fruits,
Fragrant henna with spikenard,
- SS. 4:13

Pineapple — Swordlike leaves; Multiple Fruit
(Ananas Comosus)
Ananias #367, “Jehovah has favored.”
Ananiah #6055, Anonyah, “Jehovah has covered.”

Pineapple (slang) a hand grenade.
In Spiritual Warfare, a weapon.
Sword — Words; Word of God (Eph. 6:17; Prov. 12:18)

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; - Eph. 6:17

Peach — Peace; Joy
Beauty; Pleasing person or thing; A dish (vessel); sweetheart; fruit-bearing tree; edible fruit; single seed

Negative: Peach: color — Flesh; lack of passion for gospel... or like impeach (talk).

Orange — Love; The Kiss of the Son
“Sun-Kissed” oranges (Psalm 2:12)
“Kiss the Son. ...” - Psalm 2:12
[Kiss is a sign of submission...]

Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth -
For Your love is better than wine.
- SS 1:2

Color Orange — Perseverance (positive)
Stubbornness; strong-willed (negative)
[It is challenging to peel an orange]

Orange Peel — Uncover; separation (of peel to inside fruit); persecution

Vitamin “C” — Christ or “see.”

Orange is balanced. (Outside & Inside, both same color). Good source of potassium.

Bananas — Gentleness
Skin — Easily Bruised

[Yellow Skin: yellow = Gift of God]
[White Skin: white = Spirit of the Lord; pure(ity); righteousness]

Jesus was bruised.

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
- Is. 53:5

Gentleness, praotes, (prah-ot-ace); Strong’s #4236, even-tempered, tranquil, balanced in spirit. [The person who possesses this quality, pardons injuries, corrects faults, and rules his own spirit well] Has passions under control.

But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, long-suffering, love, perseverance. ... - 2 Timothy 3:10

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness.
23 Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].

~Pearls of Wisdom

Pomegranate

I had someone tell me another attibute of pomegranates and that is that they have many seeds.

~kimibrew

Pomegranates are used in the Bible as a symbol of love, partly, I'm sure, because of their sweet, delicious flavor.
Let us rise early and go to the vineyards; Let us see whether the vine has budded And its blossoms have opened, And whether the pomegranates have bloomed. There I will give you my love. (Song of Solomon 7:12)

In the following instruction....
You shall make on its hem pomegranates of blue and purple and scarlet material, all around on its hem, and bells of gold between them all around: a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, all around on the hem of the robe. (from Exodus 33)
.....I have heard it said that the bells represent the manifestations of the Spirit and the pomegranates the fruit of the Spirit, particularly love - if the priest did not have the "pomegranates" he would be loudly clanging (1 Corinthians 13:2), wouldn't he?

Another interesting thing could be the root word for pomegranate in the Hebrew - it means to be exalted or lifted up.

~tal

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17