Differentiating times/season and people/things in dreams

Archives for 2008
keilani
Site Moderator

Differentiating times/season and people/things in dreams

Post by keilani »

Aloha all! Just wanted to share some things Holy Spirit revealed to me in my study time regarding how He can differentiate between times/seasons and people/things in our dreams. Hope this helps as you seek Him in the interpretation of your dreams! Be blessed!

In Genesis 37, Joseph has the dream of the sheaves of wheat bowing down to his and he automatically knows this dream is of him and his brothers. It is the same way in the dream he has of the sun, moon, and stars--he knows that each symbol represents a person in his family. The sheaves and the stars being equal in place of course is indicative of him and his brothers. The sun and moon (greater light and lesser light) symbolic of the place of a husband over a wife as God created (wives submissive or subordinate to the authority of the husband).

In relation to time, however, Holy Spirit uses the theme of SUCCESSION to indicate time frames.

Succession--

1. the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events

2. a number of persons or things following one another in order or sequence

In Gen 40, Pharoah has the dream of the seven fat cows SUCCEEDED by the seven gaunt cows. He then dreams of the seven full heads of grain succeeded or followed by the seven scorched heads of grain. We know this was to indicate seven years followed by another seven years.

In Gen 40, the chief baker dreamt of three baskets on his head, one basket succeeding another. The cupbearer dreamt of a vine with three branches and from observation you can see that branches also follow one after another. These two very different dreams both indicated three days.

The other dream He brought to mind was Nebuchadnezzar's dream in Daniel 2:31-45. When HE revealed different people in different times, He differentiated the different kings/kingdoms by the material from which each kingdom was made. And for marking the times, He again used the idea of succession (head of gold, [followed by] a chest and arms of silver etc).
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Great points!!!!!!!
cbutler
Diamond Member

Post by cbutler »

Thanks Keilani I got it! I will now pay closer attention to the order of things in my dreams to know Gods timing. I have been trying to pin down Gods timing in my life.

Blessings to you,
Cheryl
mschosen1

Thanks

Post by mschosen1 »

This does help alot, but how do you know it is years or months by the numbers.

Also how do yu diffenriate between the number being seen verses seeing or hearing the actual numbers.

Thanks for all that other information thats great help. Ilove this site it came in my life at a great time
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Mahalo all! Glad this could be an aid in interpreting your dreams!

mschosen 1--
Good questions! While the bible does give us guidelines, if you study all the dreams where an interpretation was given--there a couple of things you will see.

The first is the one giving the interpretation is a person who knows God and His word. We may not grasp this (those of us with a western mindset that is) but like many "older" cultures, the ways were taught through language and example. In Deut the Lord instructs the Israelites to teach their children His commands when they get up, lie down, when they go about their day. Basically, the Word was to always be in their midst and in their hearts and it is through the Word that God is revealed.

The second thing is when an interpretation was given, it was ALWAYS given to one WHO KNEW GOD AND KNEW HIS PRESENCE--basically one who knew the Word and prayed/spent time in His presence thus learning His voice.

The questions you ask are good ones & God can and will use another vessel of His to help teach you guidelines; however, THOSE specific questions you have in regards to your life are a way He uses to draw you in so that you will SEEK the Giver of Dreams Himself--God Almighty. He wants that first place and as you grow in your walk, you WILL begin to see that the more time you spend in His Word, just talking to Him AND letting Him speak to you, the clearer you will hear His voice. And it is in that precious time with Him that you will find the answer to your questions.

When I was reading the story of Joseph in Gen 37, I asked the Holy Spirit HOW Joseph knew the difference between times and peoples (I was comparing his dreams vs the dreams he interpreted for the baker, cupbearer and Pharoah). It was then that HE revealed to me about succession---believe me, I am not that smart or knowledgeable about the Bible/Jewish culture that I could've come up with that on my own.

If you ask HIM, He WILL answer!

Be blessed in abundance sister!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.