From Feathers & Tar to Gold

Archives for 2008
leila78
Diamond Member

From Feathers & Tar to Gold

Post by leila78 »

Hi everyone!

Very short and sharp but I'd like to know your interpretations/thoughts on this one,

I was praying and suddenly I saw myself covered in black tar and white feathers. Suddenly all of the feathers and tar were removed so that I was naked and then I was covered in glowing gold,

Blessings,

L.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

leila78,

Just my thoughts. I live in a mining community so when they say they are going to tar and feather someone it is usually a initiation or celebration of some kind, unless we use it as slang for going to whip up on someone. In this case I think it is what you will go through before you come out glowing for God. Maybe you been going through the tar and feathering now and the Lord wants you to see the end result.

Blessings,
Joy
RebMel
Bronze Member

Post by RebMel »

To tar and feather historically means to literally pour tar on someone, throw feathers on them, which stick, and is usually followed with the words 'and run them out on a rail'.

It was a form of public humiliation and ostracization in pioneer days for a person that a town colectively believed was a bad influence. Card Sharks (the ones caught cheating), snake-oil peddlars, etc. It made a lasting impression of get out and stay out.

In this instance, I think God may be showing you that you are going to go through a period when everyone is against you (possibly through a misunderstanding of your actions or intentions), but that afterward, when the truth comes out, you will be 'as good as gold'.

God Bless
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

Hi,

thank you, the factual history of the phrase helps understand things better but thank God I definetly feel that it is a period coming to an end rather than something that I'm going to go through and like most of these things I leave it all to Him! I pray that I will come out glowing with His favour and grace,

Praise be to God!

L.