CONTINUED DREAM OF PREACHING BEFORE PEOPLE

Archives for 2008
trinitystar

CONTINUED DREAM OF PREACHING BEFORE PEOPLE

Post by trinitystar »

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD SHARE SOME INSIGHT WITH A CONTINUAL DREAM THAT I HAVE WITH REGARDS TO BEING IN THE PULPIT. I SEEM TO BE PREACHING HOWEVER MOST TIMES I CAN NOT HEAR MYSELF.ALSO THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN I DID NOT SEEM TO BE DRESSED PROPERLY(EX-IN A SWEATSUIT)I'VE ALSO HAD DREAMS OF WATCHING MYSELF ON TV LAYING HANDS...AS WELL AS WALKING INTO ARENAS WITH A FEELING THAT I WAS THERE TO MINISTER A WORD..I GUESS MY QUESTION IS DOES THIS MEAN A POSSIBLE CALLING MAY BE THERE?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy welcome to the board. God Bless you.

All of those to me are calling types of dreams. They show what you are called to do for the Lord. However, the sweat suit dream or other times your inappropriately dressed and preaching to me would show that you are taking very relaxed and informal attitude toward this calling right now. I had dreams of myself in the pulpit for years before they ever came a reality. Hope this helps

in Christ,
trinitystar

thank you

Post by trinitystar »

BJCOLLINS
THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME AND REPLY.YES YOUR RESPONSE DID HELP
NOTW
Diamond Member

Re: CONTINUED DREAM OF PREACHING BEFORE PEOPLE

Post by NOTW »

trinitystar wrote: I SEEM TO BE PREACHING HOWEVER MOST TIMES I CAN NOT HEAR MYSELF.
This is a good thing. It means that you are not the one speaking but God is speaking...
trinitystar wrote:
ALSO THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN I DID NOT SEEM TO BE DRESSED PROPERLY(EX-IN A SWEATSUIT).
I see this informal stance as breaking down the walls of "religion". Taking it to the streets as you would say. Making it an everyday purpose to your life by speaking the Word of God at opportune times.
trinitystar wrote:
I'VE ALSO HAD DREAMS OF WATCHING MYSELF ON TV LAYING HANDS...AS WELL AS WALKING INTO ARENAS WITH A FEELING THAT I WAS THERE TO MINISTER A WORD..I GUESS MY QUESTION IS DOES THIS MEAN A POSSIBLE CALLING MAY BE THERE?
How awesome!!!! God will annoint you with healing and deliverance and many will acknowledge him by His power that He has given you to heal in his name. Claim this and make it yours!!! Decree it in Jesus name!!! I'm so excited for you! Bless you bunches!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Welcome trinitystar. I see you have two excellent offerings regarding the sweatsuit. I'd like to offer a third for your prayerful consideration...

A sweatsuit is generally worn when exercising. In the context of the dream it might represent exercising your gifts, being about the Lord's work.

As always, interpretation belongs to the Lord.

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Welcome TrinityStar,

This surely sounds like you're being called. How far apart are these dreams?
Does it seem like these particular type of dreams are getting closer (like labor pains). Just wondering if time is quickly approaching.
Truth Seeker
trinitystar

Post by trinitystar »

truth seeker
ACTUALLY I DO KEEP A DREAM JOURNAL BECAUSE I DREAM OFTEN .I'VE KINDA LUMPED ALL OF THE PREACHING DREAMS TOGETHER AND NEVER REALLY KEPT TRACT OF THE TIME SPAN IN BETWEEN EACH ONE.I JUST WANTED TO GET A FEEL FOR WHAT OTHERS THOUGHT THESE DREAMS COULD MEAN. I'VE CONTEMPLATED WHETHER OR NOT GOD WOULD GIVE SOMEONE SUCH A DREAM AND IT ACTUALLY MEANS WHAT YOU SEE IN THE DREAM, CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT GOD MOST TIMES THAN NOT SPEAKS IN SYMBOLS!
j4him77
Bronze Member

here's what I heard...

Post by j4him77 »

first of all, i get pulpit dreams all the time for myself just as you're having them and I know its regarding my calling...

secondly, when you said you were wearing a sweat suit the first thing I heard was 'don't sweat it', meaning don't worry about the position God is calling you into. You may feel like you're unprepared but just as others have stated on here, you're going to be 'exercising' your gifts through you calling to preach the Lord of the Lord. Its His work in you, He will give you utterance but its not quite time just yet. Soon! Ask Him to reveal what you must do to prepare for it. You know,...like a workout ;)

Jaimee
Renewed
Silver Member

Post by Renewed »

Evangelist

I would like to add this to the rest of what was said.

As believers , we are to speak the Gospel clearly, fearlessly, graciously, and respectfully whenever an opportunity presents itself .

Romans 10:15
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things

Ephesians 19-20
and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

1 Peter 3:15
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Life without God is like a unsharpened pencil. It has no point.