learning to play a very difficult piece of music

Archives for 2008
suelawrence

learning to play a very difficult piece of music

Post by suelawrence »

Hi

I had a very interesting dream just before I woke up this morning and would appreciate any input.

I dreamt that I was sitting at a piano, I think it was a baby grand (but I dont think that was the point), trying to learn a difficult piece of sheet music. My teacher was next to me. It was a lovely, warm, kind, loving man. He was so patient. I hadnt played or touched a piano in years. (this is true in reality too). I learnt to play the piano as a teenager and can read sheet music but havent done so in so long that this was so challenging for me in the dream. I sat there, trying to figure out the left hand, figuring out the sharps and flats, just reading the music, and so unsure of myself, not even starting to play, just looking at the music, trying to read it and make sure I knew what was what. My teacher just sat there, waiting, patiently, calmly, totally confident that I could do it and figure it out, giving me all the time in the world. He was so wonderful. I really felt his patient, tender, caring love for me. (I didnt want to wake up when I knew I was having this dream!!!) But for me the piece was so difficult and I felt I needed something much easier. But he wasnt giving me the easier stuff. It was a beautiful piece, but so hard!

Any thoughts?

Thanks You are a blessing!
Learning to lean on my Beloved.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Holy Spirit is an awesome, kind and patient teacher:)

Don't got a take on the playing but it seems like He is waiting for you to step out in faith and believe that you can do what He knows you can do with Him as your teacher.

Be blessed to overflowing--that was a very sweet dream!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
talitha

Post by talitha »

Wow, I love this dream......

I just really feel like it's about you living your life before the Master...... I can really identify with this.....

and hey, you're in Central America too!! Howdy, Neighbor!!

bless you
tal

PS _ would you write a lil note in the introductions section? I'd like to know a lil of your music.... ;)
charlie
Diamond Member

Re: learning to play a very difficult piece of music

Post by charlie »

suelawrence wrote: I think it was a baby grand (but I dont think that was the point), trying to learn a difficult piece of sheet music. My teacher was next to me. It was a lovely, warm, kind, loving
I do think the baby grand was part of the point! This is a beautiful dream! To me this speaks of God coaching the grand desires and gifts which He has deposited in you. These may be dreams or gifts which have lain dormant and you are being encouraged to take another look at them and not to be daunted for nothing is too difficult for Him and if you remain with Him and let Him teach you...well, the rest is history as they say!!

Blessings
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Great dream!

I heard, "picking up where you left off" as I read this...
You said u used to play, right? (Me too.... prolly why i was drawn to your dream. Same deal, learned when very young but havent played in years either).

Regarding the teacher not having u play an easier piece as you thought u needed but having u play a very difficult one u felt u werent ready for just yet (the "picking up where you left off"comment/what I heard).

I think Charlie is right-on with this, in my opinion only:
To me this speaks of God coaching the grand desires and gifts which He has deposited in you. These may be dreams or gifts which have lain dormant and you are being encouraged to take another look at them and not to be daunted ...
Your dream was very beautiful and honestly brought tears to my eyes. I was trying to imagine that teacher being Jesus and it's extremely difficult for me to imagine Him being as kind and gentle and patient as you so well described in your dream. It touched me sincerely (I have a lot of trouble with love and viewing God the way He really is due to, well, tough life experiences let's say).

Thank u for sharing this dream, and I pray He moves out front and center as you step into these old -- but still very GOOD -- giftings and talents/desires He placed inside of your heart! May you play for Him and truly love doing it!

God bless u,

Manasseh's Warrior
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT unto your own understanding -- Proverbs 3:5