snake in sandwich

Archives for 2008
yesLord
Gold Member

snake in sandwich

Post by yesLord »

Odd dream last night though I know it had meaning for me.I am confused to what. I have had a few problems at work lately with some people other then that thereisn't anything going on that I am aware of.

I was at my parents house, and we were going to have dinner together. My mom came out side to the back porch and she brought a sandwich with her, when I looked there was a sanke in the sandwich and it was alive! A non- poisoness kind like a garden snake that my father found in the garden.

My parents told me it is good taste it, but I ran into the house into the kitchen. There was a snake on me that I pulled off and tried to put into the garbage disposal, it kept coming out and I had a hard time keeping it in the disposal and getting the disposal to turn on. My father came in and said don't kill it, but I kept trying to , then my father helped me get it into the disposal.

Any ideas? Thank you so much.

YesLord
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

The only thing that came to me is that there is something that someone close to you is "partaking" in that doesn't settle well with you. You are trying to avoid it but it seems to be there everytime you look. You are trying to handle/dispose of it properly but are frusterated because it doesn't seem like its working. Putting it down the garbage disposal would be the same thing as killing it. Maybe because it seems "harmless" in all reality you may be second guessing yourself as to whether or not its really a big enough deal to want to handle it in this way?? But you realize in the end you need to do just that?

Just some thoughts..
Love you much.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Okay...this is what initially came to mind when reading this.

Satan, a snake, will use the Word, the food, any way he can to manipulate a situation to his benefit. He knows that you are eating of the Word and you stand on the Word, then he WILL use verses out of context and out of the character of God to move you in his direction. He did the same thing with Adam and Eve.

I would just make sure if a verse is spoken to you in regards of something that you are going through, just make sure it represents the character of God. God encourages and edifies, even when there is correction envolved it will uplift you to move toward Him even more.

I hope this made sense to you....I was getting confused myself...
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
yesLord
Gold Member

Post by yesLord »

Thank you both for your reply, usually things make sense somehow but this has me baffled. The taking in of food being the Word, but the snake? Maybe a warning of false teaching to watch out for, I don't know, I will have to pray for it to be revealed to me.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

I felt that maybe the dream wasn't so much that someone was trying to feed you but that you were observing someone who was doing something or partaking of something that wasn't right..

I could be wrong..and I pray that the Lord open up the revelation to you in His timing.
May God Bless you abundantly.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Renewed
Silver Member

Post by Renewed »

Be careful of your own food or others at work offering you food.
Someone may be trying to posion you in some way by way of witchcraft.

Your parents may represent, someone who you're entrusted to. They may not be what they appear to be. ( you know the ones that smiles in your face & laugh behind yuor back).

Back porch represents your past, could be dealing with some past issues with old freinds or old issues with co-workers,

To me this dreams seems like some workplace problems.
I believe it's a warning from the Lord for you to go immediately in warfare.

And as always you can toss out what does not applies.
Life without God is like a unsharpened pencil. It has no point.